Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

8 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

So can Bournemouth file a claim for the points we took off them which affected their playoff fixtures? 

yep, as long as we can counter sue for that season they finished second and we finished seventh. Martin got injured in that away game in a challenge with Francis who we tried to sign that previous summer .  Stopped us getting a top 6 place and probable 2nd.They should have been forced to sell him  to us by the EFL as they were well outside FFP.  SUE SUE SUE SUE .............

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

So does the appeal decision now mean Wycombe are incoming with they £15m writ?

Good luck with that!

The written reasons are very clear that they didn’t deduct points because there is no evidence that the 2 breaches we have been found guilty of so far actually resulted in a sporting advantage on the pitch.  I’d say that’s a massive point in our favour if Wycombe did decide to try something on.

Obviously if the restated accounts resulted in a massive overspend then it’s a different case.  But even then, the penalties etc are clearly laid out for that kind of breach.

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

All the shrapnel around this is a disgrace. Agreed

As I’ve said befor people’s perception has been wrong . Perhaps

I have said all along we are not guilty of anything. Wrong

Nothing to see here. . Wrong

The whole thing was a pantomime which had even the strongest advocates of our innocence wobbling  Been amusing hasn’t it.

^^^^^^^^^^^ answers above.
We are back it seems currently to blaming Morris and Pearce for just general mismanagement of the club, giving them some leeway at this stage as to their ‘clever’ accounting.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

^^^^^^^^^^^ answers above.
We are back it seems currently to blaming Morris and Pearce for just general mismanagement of the club, giving them some leeway at this stage as to their ‘clever’ accounting.

The 100k fine is just to appease the other clubs 

Just now, i-Ram said:

Agreed. But we were in the wrong. Read the judgment. We tried to ‘game’ for some benefit but secured none. None of that though excuses the shitshow performed by the EFL.

As I say it’s about perception IMO 

Not going to argue it’s  not creative accounting that the rules allow though .

Mate the EFL have put us Derby fans through the ringer and to be honest I’ve not found it fun. 

Het ho we move on. 

The takeover is the crucial thing now. 

In any other walk of life barring the public sector, bottoms would be kicked and jobs lost after the performance of some at The EFL. I think those at the top, yes Parry, I’m looking at you mainly, are an embarrassment and not fit for purpose.

He really should do the honourable thing but then, whoever jumps off a gravy train ?

What we did was unique. I don't buy that it was somehow uniquely awful - even though that appears to be the narrative outside of Derby.

I don't think we come out well. I do hope we can move forward soon.

The relief has faded and now it's just a case of digestion of the after effects and hoping we pull together a reasonable squad next season and the takeover actually happens.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

What we did was unique. I don't buy that it was somehow uniquely awful - even though that appears to be the narrative outside of Derby.

The relief has faded and now it's just a case of digestion of the after effects and hoping we pull together a reasonable squad next season and the takeover actually happens.

I think you are far too negative.

Incidentally  MM paid Derby’s wages in June .

https://www.footballfancast.com/Derby-county-news/Derby-county-efl-takeover-mel-morris-alan-nixon-the-championship

Edited by Curtains
To or too

18 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

The written reasons are very clear that they didn’t deduct points because there is no evidence that the 2 breaches we have been found guilty of so far actually resulted in a sporting advantage on the pitch.  I’d say that’s a massive point in our favour if Wycombe did decide to try something on.

Obviously if the restated accounts resulted in a massive overspend then it’s a different case.  But even then, the penalties etc are clearly laid out for that kind of breach.

If we do breach though isn’t there a massive factor of mitigating circumstances 

ie if the efl had challenged our accounting methods at the time and not waited 3 years having allowed them through we wouldn’t have changed not only accounti by practices but our transfer policy 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And the only real reason the narrative outside of Derby is so bad is that none of them actually seem to know what we've been charged with, and why we were found guilty.  There are still people who think it's about the stadium, and still people who think we're valuing players at more than £0 when their contracts have expired.

50 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If we do breach though isn’t there a massive factor of mitigating circumstances 

ie if the efl had challenged our accounting methods at the time and not waited 3 years having allowed them through we wouldn’t have changed not only accounti by practices but our transfer policy 

That would be my argument, yes. I suppose it might come down to how bad any breaches are.  If we're only a few million over then it's certainly a big mitigating factor.  If we're like £30m over then it's a different ballgame.