Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

33 minutes ago, Spanish said:

By the time we knew it was too late

It was pretty much known even as the games were played by the amount they had spent. Just like clubs in the lower leagues have to get their grounds upgraded and approved before they can get promotion clubs should have to prove they are within FFP limits before they are allowed promotion from all relevant leagues IMO 

8 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

It was pretty much known even as the games were played by the amount they had spent. Just like clubs in the lower leagues have to get their grounds upgraded and approved before they can get promotion clubs should have to prove they are within FFP limits before they are allowed promotion from all relevant leagues IMO 

But they didn’t then and this was at least part of the reason for moving to P&S and the need to provide summaries before the year end

23 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Well I don't I hang out on a Derby fans forum for the upbeat light hearted japes..... 

I just find it amazing that people are so blinded that they cant admit that what we have done is wrong....its as simple as that, we bent every rule possible to breaking point, broke a lot of rules and are getting called out on it, so thanks to the shambolic running of the club we should suck it up and take the punishment.

I think there are a few words in there that could fall into the potentially liable category and at he least be incorrect. 'Systematically cheat', 'years upon years of violating the rules' and 'having some trouble paying its creditors'. 

Couhig would need to prove that Derby had a system in place to cheat the FFP, whilst you could argue that Derby have been found guilty of this with the amortisation. Derby have never hidden the policy, and it was signed off by the auditors. there is a difference between proving someone cheated and someone did something incorrectly. Derby have never tried to hide the policy or accounts so what ever you think about it proving cheating would be difficulty.

Years upon years of violating rules. Well one rule not more than one. Again Derby have been upfront with the policy and if asked to change by the EFL would have done. For me this is the one (apart from the rules part) that is the most accurate.

Trouble paying its creditors, he must have some information that we don't, I have never heard that we have failed to pay creditors, players yes but not creditors. I think unless he knows something we don't then he could have problems with that.

If I was Derby I would pass the FFP and then sue him.      

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Not even one rule, because there were no set rules.

Exactly. 

The could have set out the process that all members must follow, as a condition of membership, and none of this would have happened.

42 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

can we sue liverpool for getting all english clubs banned in europe when we finished top 6

We should because we would have dominated Europe and the top division for years to come 

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I think there are a few words in there that could fall into the potentially liable category and at he least be incorrect. 'Systematically cheat', 'years upon years of violating the rules' and 'having some trouble paying its creditors'. 

Couhig would need to prove that Derby had a system in place to cheat the FFP, whilst you could argue that Derby have been found guilty of this with the amortisation. Derby have never hidden the policy, and it was signed off by the auditors. there is a difference between proving someone cheated and someone did something incorrectly. Derby have never tried to hide the policy or accounts so what ever you think about it proving cheating would be difficulty.

Years upon years of violating rules. Well one rule not more than one. Again Derby have been upfront with the policy and if asked to change by the EFL would have done. For me this is the one (apart from the rules part) that is the most accurate.

Trouble paying its creditors, he must have some information that we don't, I have never heard that we have failed to pay creditors, players yes but not creditors. I think unless he knows something we don't then he could have problems with that.

If I was Derby I would pass the FFP and then sue him.      

Fairly spot on but we couldn’t sue Wycombe but we certainly could sue the chairman for those comments and it would make great reading in court how he tries to justify his opinion.

57 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We should because we would have dominated Europe and the top division for years to come 

Can someone get Wycombe’s magic lost revenue calculator so we know how much to invoice Liverpool for?

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Fairly spot on but we couldn’t sue Wycombe but we certainly could sue the chairman for those comments and it would make great reading in court how he tries to justify his opinion.

Well if we sued him, the Wycombe chairman would start by quoting what the LAP said in their judgement. Pretty damning. Then he would analyse the facts that the LAP examined to come to their view. Then he’d refer to the notes in our accounts which even our auditor admitted were problematic. And so it would go on. And we’d read day after day in the papers what evidence had been put before the court to support the allegation that we are systematic cheats. It would be anything but great reading. 
Dont get me wrong, I think he is beyond the pale. But it would be utterly bonkers to sue him

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Well if we sued him, the Wycombe chairman would start by quoting what the LAP said in their judgement. Pretty damning. Then he would analyse the facts that the LAP examined to come to their view. Then he’d refer to the notes in our accounts which even our auditor admitted were problematic. And so it would go on. And we’d read day after day in the papers what evidence had been put before the court to support the allegation that we are systematic chests. It would be anything but great reading. 
Dont get me wrong, I think he is beyond the pale. But it would be utterly bonkers to sue him

Leave our man boobs out of this!

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You do realise their average home attendance is just over 5000. They generally gross about 3.5 million a year. I can see why they could sue us for 12-15 million.  I'm certain no court in the land wouldn't laugh hysterically, give them some taxi fare and tell them to **** off.

Is it to do with this or the tv revenue