Can england win euro 2021

B4ev6is

@B4ev6is you are more likely to win it. England could play nearly every game at Wembley and still find a way to mess it up, after the English press and media get ahead of themselves as usual, and get carried away and start predicting who they will meet in whatever round, before qualifying for such, and then when it falls apart are quick and ready to stab everyone involved in the back or front for letting the country down, and finding someone to blame and to hang out to dry.

One win, is a great start for us, but let's not get carried away, like we have done for at least the last 50 years or so, and just take it one game at a time and see where it takes us. And hope we continue to play well and overcome and beat every team we meet. But let's not trip ourselves up again, and be left with egg on our faces, when the nation falls for all the over hyped nonsense and we fall at an early hurdle once again, and the fans are getting carried away singing that Coming Home stuff and trashing cars in their high streets because it was made by the country that knocked us out.

Even in the Holland v Ukraine game Clive tried to ask Ally McCoist about how many games he had won in a Scotland game against England and Ally replied nicely, let's just concentrate on the game we are commentating on.

17 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Even in the Holland v Ukraine game Clive tried to ask Ally McCoist about how many games he had won in a Scotland game against England and Ally replied nicely, let's just concentrate on the game we are commentating on.

That was a classless bit of commentating. McCoist should have asked him how many times he'd played for his country, totally unprofessional.

Defence is our weak point, make no doubt about it.  I'm still shocked Tomori isn't in the squad but the liability Mings is.  Loyalties aside, I'm not sure how a player who so being compared to Maldini by the Italian press and had benched his team's captain (Romagnoli) hasn't been picked for England.

France and Italy are more complete sides, and that's without talking about Belgium.

3 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Defence is our weak point, make no doubt about it.  I'm still shocked Tomori isn't in the squad but the liability Mings is.  Loyalties aside, I'm not sure how a player who so being compared to Maldini by the Italian press and had benched his team's captain (Romagnoli) hasn't been picked for England.

France and Italy are more complete sides, and that's without talking about Belgium.

Agree with you on Fikayo but I thought Mings was excellent yesterday. In fact I thought the whole back 4 were good defensively.

2 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

Back to the original question. 

No.

As an aside, I lived in Glascote and then Amington from aged 11-18, so Tamworrth Ram might be in my neck of the woods.....

Fazeley me but my youngest daughter lives in Amington.

Coincidentally, although not that close to Stockport I guess, my eldest daughter live in Handforth. 

On 13/06/2021 at 21:55, Van der MoodHoover said:

Will we play at Wembley in the knockout rounds or do we have to travel and be booed by hostile foreign crowds? 

It depends where we finish. Top the group and we play our RO16 at Wembley with our potential QF being in Rome. Come second and our RO16 is in Copenhagen with our potential QF being in St Petersburg.

Admittedly, if we travel abroad, we are unlikely to meet Denmark, Russia or Italy at those respective stages so not sure the crowds would be totally partisan or hostile.

That being said... why not play at Wembley and be booed? ?

England can win it but won't. There's only one team which has 100% win percentage in all the games they played in major tournaments. They also have 100% rate at shot conversion and keeping clean sheet. I mean, how can you even think anyone else could win it? It's hard to argue against the such a statistical facts.

Trophy should be given to Finland straight away, maybe it would be better for all. Their participation in Euro's already has caused pandemic and also they've killed one of their opponent... Scary stuff.

Yeah I don't see why England aren't in with a shout. 

England fans will sweat the small stuff but you can point to other nations wins and find weakness if you'd like.

England never looked in trouble v Croatia. Not at any point did Croatia look like scoring and they're a solid side too. 

Even Italy and their pretty perfect performance... but they look desperate to be hit on the counter. Insigne looked great but was so wasteful even though Turkey gave up their right side of the pitch within a minute. 

Just like Spain, very pretty but played an opponent that might as well have been a bunch of Spain fans. Sweden sat admiring them and Spain still couldn't do the job. 

I just think England have a few match winners. It's not just about Rooney anymore. It used to be "what did Rooney do?" when England lost like there weren't 13 other players used.

Grealish, Mount, Sterling, Kane, Rashford, Foden etc... these are players that either carry the arrogance of winners or they genuinely expect to star for clubs winning major trophies. 

It's got to be the best chance since Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham and Co. That team should have won something. 

Maybe England won't win it. But you can't laugh at the idea of them winning something now. 

We've got a swagger about us that I love to see. And they're young which means they aren't carrying the burden of underperforming/failure.