The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

On the subject of 'mystery illnesses' and other excuses, everyone went missing today but the funniest was an account manager telling me he was leaving work early today because he and Sally, his long-time GF, are getting married in a month and he needed to get some 'bits sorted' before the day. Had a good old chuckle at that as he's obviously forgotten I've been on his Facebook feed for nearly 4 years so I saw all the pics of the happy day back in February last year!  Did the gentlemanly thing and said the quotes could wait until tomorrow ? 

No pressure to all you young uns, and all you old uns, and every one in the middle, but in 25 years time, we could be reminiscing to kids about our glorious run to the semi finals, and cruel penalties defeat, the best performance in a generation, or we could be telling them all about that time we won the euros and Kane scored a hattrick in the final.

Point is, I hope this marks the start of an era of English dominance, like Spain’s, but more likely, it’s a once in a generation opportunity to make memories and moments. No pressure. 

Edited by TigerTedd

8 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

No pressure to all you young uns, and all you old uns, and every one in the middle, but in 25 years time, we could be reminiscing to kids about our glorious run to the semi finals, and cruel penalties defeat, the best performance in a generation, or we could be telling them all about that time we won the euros and Kane scored a hattrick in the final.

Point is, I hope this marks the start of an era of English dominance, like Spain’s, but more likely, it’s a once in a generation opportunity to make memories and moments. No pressure. 

That Spanish side were a phenomenon. Being strongly competitive will be progress so we're not needing to look for easy draws.