Jordon Ibe

Sean

Wow, very brave to go on and say that, I think he came to Derby because of the supporters and how we were with him. HIs health is the most important thing, but I hope to see him on the pitch soon and for him to realise he is part of the Derby family, we don't just say once a Ram always a Ram we mean it. 

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Wow, very brave to go on and say that, I think he came to Derby because of the supporters and how we were with him. HIs health is the most important thing, but I hope to see him on the pitch soon and for him to realise he is part of the Derby family, we don't just say once a Ram always a Ram we mean it. 

... and there are Kenny Burns, Tyrone Mears, Patrick Bamford, Nathan Tyson. Believe me I could go on. I am only surface hoovering.

Concerning that he seems to say it was only when he hit absolute rock bottom that the club offered any support. He does suggest things have improved somewhat so perhaps we might still see him show some of the outrageous talent he possesses when fit and in a good place. Either way, I hope he can at least begin to rebuild his life as it sounds like he's been in a bad way for a long time now.

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Concerning that he seems to say it was only when he hit absolute rock bottom that the club offered any support. He does suggest things have improved somewhat so perhaps we might still see him show some of the outrageous talent he possesses when fit and in a good place. Either way, I hope he can at least begin to rebuild his life as it sounds like he's been in a bad way for a long time now.

dare say there will not a lot made of this because it conflicts with the wildly held view that we are a bunch of villains

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

On the flip side to this he does also say he kept it to himself, doesnt even sound like close family & friends actually knew how bad he was. So yes the club could have spotted and helped sooner but if they dont know about it they're not in a position to help.

Thankfully the club and his family/friends now know so can help & support him.

Like someone said above, he is clearly struggling from the mugging so probably could do with additional help, and I hope it means the club are keeping a close eye on Wisdom after his attack last year too.

• 1 month later...

Real shame this.  I for one was really excited when he signed, not least for what he would bring us in attack.  Gutted it hasn't worked out but clearly he isn't anywhere near where he needs to be to focus on and play football.  Hope he gets himself sorted and I look forward to hearing of him signing and succeeding with someone in the future (so long as it's not against us!).   I wish him good luck. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Is this when everyone panics due to our already small squad getting even smaller?

Probably but I think most people on here doubted we'd see him play for us, even if we all may have hoped.