Which player did you initially not rate but then grew to love?

CBRammette

On 11/05/2021 at 21:15, Wolfie20 said:

Thought Shefki Kuqi was a complete waste of a loan but for the dozen matches he played for us he was a perfect fit for the system we were playing at the time.

Paul Dickov was a lot better than I thought he was.

Yeah, still can't understand ditching Kuqi for Moore(?). That was when I really wondered what Clough Jnr was on.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, still can't understand ditching Kuqi for Moore(?). That was when I really wondered what Clough Jnr was on.

My belief, based on, well, little...

Clough wanted players who would commit longer term, Kuqi had a great short term impact but it was obvious he would never be sticking around.

Clough was looking for a player to base his attack around, that much is clear from some of his other dealings, but we were limited by budget. 

Moore indicated to Clough that he would be happy to stay longer term, but as soon as a better/bigger offer came along he thought duck this, actually I'll get better money elsewhere,.and so he did.

...leaving Clough somewhat in the lurch.

Eventually Clough found his man in Martin and the rest is history.

Edited by Coconut

Robbie Savage - hated the idea of him signing. Was in tears by the time he brought his old man on the pitch with him for his last game. 

You don’t play in the top division as long as he did either by just being a headless chicken. 

I never took to Jacob Butterfield, but thought at the price we paid for him that he’d do good

A miserable fecker from day 1. never smiled.

Didn’t  seem to  enjoy his job as a footballer, would be better off as traffic warden or tax collector IMHO

apologies to any of you that are in those  professions, the world needs people like you (but not too many)?

Edited by StrawHillRam

2 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

I never took to Jacob Butterfield, but thought at the price we paid for him that he’d do good

A miserable fecker from day 1. never smiled.

Didn’t  seem to  enjoy his job as a footballer, would be better off as traffic warden or tax collector IMHO

apologies to any of you that are in those  professions, the world needs people like you (but not too many)?

Errr and then you grew to love him? That's what the thread is about btw.

On 11/05/2021 at 20:46, Ken Tram said:

More importantly - which player's ERV have you set to nil because you never want them to leave!

Chant to be used at clubs with fans up to speed with player amortisation models!

His ERV's nil;

His ERV's ni-illll;

Derby forever;

His ERV's nil!