Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

All ifs buts and maybes but I still believe Wayne has failed to get the players performing to their full potential. 

Maybe he hasn't. But that wouldn't be surprising for saying this is his first management role. But that hasn't happened 100% of the time and for me that is just as much to do with how poor/ordinary the squad is. The squad and injuries and lack of form have all made a difficult job, very difficult.

Question: Look at Byrne first half of the last match he was awful, could easily have been sent off. Second half much better, not great but better. Was that Rooney's fault?

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wake up and smell the roses mate, we are not a good draw for managers!

More signs of fan entitlement. ?

You literally just make up rubbish to support an argument with zero value.

As for 'fan entitlement', that's really scraping the barrel, even by your lowly standards. I think most fans would sensibly argue that wanting to see their team win more than once in 16 games is anything but 'entitled'! 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know this?

I don’t , but do you really think he wouldn’t have wanted the job had we offered it him? And he’s a more than half decent manager and would have been a better appointment than Rooney. But then there are many managers as highlighted by @86 Hair Islands that would’ve been better than Rooney. 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I don’t , but do you really think he wouldn’t have wanted the job had we offered it him? And he’s a more than half decent manager and would have been a better appointment than Rooney. But then there are many managers as highlighted by @86 Hair Islands that would’ve been better than Rooney. 

Yes. He's been studying to be a Technical Director which is where he sees his future career. Plus Mel's already sacked him twice I bet he fancied a third time!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. He's been studying to be a Technical Director which is where he sees his future career. Plus Mel's already sacked him twice I bet he fancied a third time!

Know all that but he still wouldn’t have turned the job down, if he really had a problem with Mel he wouldn’t have got back involved, And I’m sure he would’ve stepped in until the end of the season to save us had Mel sacked Rooney. 

Anyway the point is there are many better options than Rooney, one of whom is still within the club, which makes it even more ridiculous we’re continuing with Rooney who is clearly way out of his depth.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I do think Roy,that a bloke like Mac is always going to have a passion for front line football management.

And don't forget when he had the call the second time he was studying for the d.o.f role at that time but came flying back when offered the management position once again.

This time around he wasn't offered the management job because Wayne had it but I'd put my house on the fact that Mel wanted him back to advise Rooney on the same way harry assisted Wassell,back then...and whilst Mel wasn't too proud to ask him back,he was too proud to admit the reason.

Derby is in Macs blood and if he was offered the gaffers post again,with a clean slate next season and whichever division we were in,I reckon he would grab it with both hands...he would after all have the chance to rebuild us from scratch.

And,if Mel and his twitchy finger had gone,then that would be a huge incentive too.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

3 hours ago, EdinRam said:

I think no matter what he won't be here next season, do you think he will go on to be a good manager? Unlike Frank I don't think Rooney has the tactical brain unfortunately. Top player though.

Unlike frank...? What evidence do you have for that? Just because fat frank sounds posh and is a media luvvy?

he couldn’t get us promoted with AC Milan’s current centre half, Chelsea’s and England pretty much best player and one of the best free kick takers playing for us and then went to Chelsea and did absolutely nothing and Tuchel came in with the same squad and is on the verge of the champions league final and ripping up the league too..

That's a different question altogether.

Just because we might not have been able to attract a half decent manager doesn't mean to say Rooney has does a half decent job. or that the disaster that seems to be unfolding before us, hasn't damaged his reputation as a manager.

The test for me is, he'd left instead of taking over as manager, would someone else had taken a punt on him? Possibly, he had neither succeeded or failed at that stage. He'd gained some experience but might be able to distance himself from the calamitous start to the season. Would that same someone still consider him now? I think they'd be a little more hesitant meaning his reputation has diminished.

I'm fairly confident that he will still me our manager at the start of next season regardless of which league we're in and that will be his chance to prove himself but he won't last any longer than Cocu if things don't go at least reasonably well.

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Know all that but he still wouldn’t have turned the job down, if he really had a problem with Mel he wouldn’t have got back involved, And I’m sure he would’ve stepped in until the end of the season to save us had Mel sacked Rooney. 

Anyway the point is there are many better options than Rooney, one of whom is still within the club, which makes it even more ridiculous we’re continuing with Rooney who is clearly way out of his depth.

Well now perhaps you should take that up with Mel. He'd know if Mac was keen wouldn't he?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just because we might not have been able to attract a half decent manager doesn't mean to say Rooney has does a half decent job. or that the disaster that seems to be unfolding before us, hasn't damaged his reputation as a manager.

The test for me is, he'd left instead of taking over as manager, would someone else had taken a punt on him? Possibly, he had neither succeeded or failed at that stage. He'd gained some experience but might be able to distance himself from the calamitous start to the season. Would that same someone still consider him now? I think they'd be a little more hesitant meaning his reputation has diminished.

I'm fairly confident that he will still me our manager at the start of next season regardless of which league we're in and that will be his chance to prove himself but he won't last any longer than Cocu if things don't go at least reasonably well.

Still think there will be clubs wanting to take a punt and this won't have changed his opportunities that much. 

When the Jan. transfer window came around he got in a striker, a midfielder, x2 CB and a winger. I would suggest that was a reasonable assessment of players we needed. Did he try for a better calibre of player, who knows. He's been unlucky with injuries certainly. 

So I'd like to see him get an attempt next season, but who knows where our future lies. #COYR 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's sooooo easy to say another manager would have been a better appointment, didn't we have a better appointment in Cocu and he was floundering?

This is all akin to which ever player is out injured when they come back we'll see how they are world-beaters! 

Whether I think any of the aforementioned managers would have done a better job - and I repeat look at how Hughton struggled and look at his squad - doesn't matter. I don't believe that any manager of quality would have risked their reputation joining the club in the state we are in, financially and footballing wise. Wake up and smell the roses mate, we are not a good draw for managers!

More signs of fan entitlement. ?

you talk of fan entitlement what about the entitlement of Rooney walking into a job he'd never done and was completely unqualified for? 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still think there will be clubs wanting to take a punt and this won't have changed his opportunities that much. 

When the Jan. transfer window came around he got in a striker, a midfielder, x2 CB and a winger. I would suggest that was a reasonable assessment of players we needed. Did he try for a better calibre of player, who knows. He's been unlucky with injuries certainly. 

So I'd like to see him get an attempt next season, but who knows where our future lies. #COYR 

But Cocu, who got us on the fringe of the play offs under difficult circumstances and has a better record  than Wazza deserved the boot.....interesting view ?

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

you talk of fan entitlement what about the entitlement of Rooney walking into a job he'd never done and was completely unqualified for? 

You do know that every single manager in the history of the game at some point took their first ever job 

Just now, MuespachRam said:

You do know that every single manager in the history of the game at some point took their first ever job 

You do know many of them get qualifications before they take on a management position, get a year or two of full time coaching experience and start far lower down the pyramid at smaller clubs.