Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm going to say yes, he knows all of that. I'd suggest they thought that was probably the most convincing line to take - which kind of shows the weakness of the case on the Vardy side.

He might as well have said "people believe in god, but where is the evidence? peoples belief in god is not evidence of god"

I wonder if he has a belief in this

image.png.cef3c8a63fc4f7bd26a58b436a2dbdba.png

image.png.27b9922b62c92bae3f86f6736ffea5ee.png

Edited by Unlucky Alf

36 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

Has this quote already been posted on the thread?

“What you believe is not evidence,” Mrs Vardy’s lawyer told Mrs Rooney. “You may believe Derby County will win the Premiership in two years time but it does not mean they are going to do it.”

Yes. ?

image.png

Seems Vardy's lawyer is posturing for his client. No legal beagle but I'm under the impression that 'balance of probability' applies in libel cases which is rather different to the 'beyond all reasonable doubt benchmark' used in criminal law. Suspect his bating of Colleen was simply to ingratiate himself with his odious client before slapping a million quid invoice on her desk when he's finished bungling her case. He's probably surmised that Vardy is so thick that all he need do is tell her he doesn't think she got a fair hearing and she'll believe it, thereby neatly dodging any responsibility or awkward post mortems in the process. 

20 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm going to say yes, he knows all of that. I'd suggest they thought that was probably the most convincing line to take - which kind of shows the weakness of the case on the Vardy side.

He might as well have said "people believe in god, but where is the evidence? peoples belief in god is not evidence of god"

I agree but if he'd tried that one I think the judge would have kicked him out of court being as Colleen had just chosen to take the oath rather than the affirmation ?

5 hours ago, Oldben said:

Takeover complete and sufficient budget to put together a competetive squad.

So the two things literally anyone taking over that role would need to have in place.

Obviously, Wayne Rooney states the bleeding obvious about what needs to happen isn't such a good headline but at least it's not something bonkers like sausages beign served at breakfast (links, not square sausage) or a boxers punch bag in the shape of mel morris installed in the gym.

On 14/05/2022 at 14:41, Ken Tram said:

Has this quote already been posted on the thread?

“What you believe is not evidence,” Mrs Vardy’s lawyer told Mrs Rooney. “You may believe Derby County will win the Premiership in two years time but it does not mean they are going to do it.”

Awful example. 

It is impossible for us to win the Premiership in two years time. 

Hope that line is struck from the record.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And yet he's rebuffed approaches from Burnley and Everton already. Go figure ?‍♀️

Don’t think Burnley have started Interviews yet. That one was just paper talk. And I don’t think Wazza wanted to go through the Interview process at Everton. To get a Prem job he will have to get his very poor win rate up as it won’t look good on his C V.

2 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

And yet he's rebuffed approaches from Burnley and Everton already. Go figure ?‍♀️

Yes he has  Wise to do so, I’d say  

He’ll have stronger tenure with us under CK than most managers will elsewhere and I’m certainly hoping he’ll make a success of it and stay a long time 

33 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think Burnley have started Interviews yet. That one was just paper talk. And I don’t think Wazza wanted to go through the Interview process at Everton. To get a Prem job he will have to get his very poor win rate up as it won’t look good on his C V.

So he rebuffed Everton and may or may not have done the same with Burnley. In so much the point still stands.

As for his win rate, perhaps we could wait for a season where he starts with more than 12 senior players contracted before we pass judgement. Most football professionals seem to think he did a remarkable job in even giving us a sembalnce of hope this season and for my part, I'm in full agreement with that assessment.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands

On 12/05/2022 at 13:21, IslandExile said:

Doesn't Colleen have to prove 100%, it was Vardy.

Despite Vardy's help in that regard, it may not go Rooney's way. In that case, she will have to pay her compensation.

That's not right.

Are the EFL involved?

Nah, 51% in civil cases, ‘beyond all reasonable doubt’ in criminal

On 14/05/2022 at 20:05, 86 Hair Islands said:

Seems Vardy's lawyer is posturing for his client. No legal beagle but I'm under the impression that 'balance of probability' applies in libel cases which is rather different to the 'beyond all reasonable doubt benchmark' used in criminal law. Suspect his bating of Colleen was simply to ingratiate himself with his odious client before slapping a million quid invoice on her desk when he's finished bungling her case. He's probably surmised that Vardy is so thick that all he need do is tell her he doesn't think she got a fair hearing and she'll believe it, thereby neatly dodging any responsibility or awkward post mortems in the process. 

Yes, you're probably right. Despite all that, he's factually right. Derby won't win the Premiership. No-one will, ever. It was scrapped in 2008. Idiot. If he can't even get the title right what hope does he client have?