Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everton are hedging their bets. Ferguson is in charge until they get their man. They probably still hope Martinez can break free, they still have to interview Frank, if that is the case. Clearly he would give a fantastic interview. 
If it’s Wayne they decide on, they would surely prefer to see how the next few weeks pan out. Our club might even be liquidated. 

31 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Emotionally you would love to think that he’d turn it down, that he’d want to stay and fight it out alongside the lads on the pitch. Rationally however I think there’s just too much baggage and the pull of his boyhood club would be too great.

I totally get that and would not criticise him for taking it at all. Yet again, we’d be the victims of circumstance rather than bad faith.

This exactly

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

No press conference today? @Owen87ITK

Not seen any training ground images this week either.... 

Would have been good especially this week to show WR32 working hard with the players. 

I’ve interviewed Richard Stearman today.

Wayne press conference is tomorrow. Makes sense this week, given how quickly things are changing. 

Edited by Owen87ITK

9 minutes ago, Owen87ITK said:

I’ve interviewed Richard Stearman today.

Wayne press conference is tomorrow. Makes sense this week, given how quickly things are changing. 

First line from @Owen87ITK

"So, Wayne - Mike Ashley finally announced as preferred bidder. You must be relieved now that you can sign the players you want"

Please tell me that this is in your script ready for tomorrow's presser. 

What's wrong with taking the Everton job in 3, 5, 7 years time? Same as Lampard and Chelsea. The way the doors revolve in football these days, these opportunities will always be there. He needs a CV of relative successes before stepping up to a large Prem job. Where did patience dissappear to? He's still a very young manager learning his trade. He shouldn't be interested in any other role just yet. 

Edited by Archie

1 hour ago, Archie said:

What's wrong with taking the Everton job in 3, 5, 7 years time? Same as Lampard and Chelsea. The way the doors revolve in football these days, these opportunities will always be there. He needs a CV of relative successes before stepping up to a large Prem job. Where did patience dissappear to? He's still a very young manager learning his trade. He shouldn't be interested in any other role just yet. 

I suppose he has seen his mate Gerrard get the Villa job after a few years at National league level...........