Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One would have thought Everton would have sounded out a replacement before they sacked, Rafa? 

Might end up being Rooney simply because he will eventually be asked. After the five in the list above him have turned it down. 

I hope Wayne stays with us. Big risk for him if he goes. Imagine being the manager who takes them down after seventy odd years in the top flight if it goes pear shaped?

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You wink, but I'd far rather manage Brighton than Everton. Brighton have a solid plan in place and seem to do everything right. Everton are owned by a complete idiot without a plan who loves spending money on crap.

Everton are the Premier League version of us from a few years ago. A poo squad full of expensive mercenaries. It'll take a huge rebuild to fix them from where they are, and they are probably close to FFP limits. I'd also far rather manage Brighton who are very sensibly run.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You wink, but I'd far rather manage Brighton than Everton. Brighton have a solid plan in place and seem to do everything right. Everton are owned by a complete idiot without a plan who loves spending money on crap.

Yep, for a gambler, he's a pretty stable character.

25 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Being interviewed by Everton apparently - Percy RT

I think (hope) that is slight journalistic overstatement. The sub-heading says Everton have a shortlist of four and "will" interview them. (i.e. assuming those four want to talk). Doesn't say Wayne has turned up with his CV and is sitting outside the Chairman's office right now.

1 minute ago, AutoWindscreens said:

I think (hope) that is slight journalistic overstatement. The sub-heading says Everton have a shortlist of four and "will" interview them. (i.e. assuming those four want to talk). Doesn't say Wayne has turned up with his CV and is sitting outside the Chairman's office right now.

In a shirt that looks like it's his dads.

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

Everton are the Premier League version of us from a few years ago. A poo squad full of expensive mercenaries. It'll take a huge rebuild to fix them from where they are, and they are probably close to FFP limits. I'd also far rather manage Brighton who are very sensibly run.

4 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Sounds familiar

Read the Daily Telegraph expose of the owner for details of the problems at Everton 'which stem from the owner's unpredictable behaviour.' Hope Wayne has read it.

7 minutes ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Yes apologies they will need to ask Derby for permission and Rooney will need to confirm his intentions (does he want the interview). But the position we are in, if we could get compensation and save on wages the admins may be up for it, however it could be detrimental to someone buying the club, they will need to weigh it up.

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes apologies they will need to ask Derby for permission and Rooney will need to confirm his intentions (does he want the interview). But the position we are in, if we could get compensation and save on wages the admins may be up for it, however it could be detrimental to someone buying the club, they will need to weigh it up.

They wouldn't stump up £2m for their first choice, Martinez. They definitely won't offer us as much as Rooney is worth (or we need).

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Admins originally said that having Rooney would help them sell the club, so if he goes will the bidders offer less?

Unhelpful and unnecessary article either way at this point.