Lee Buchanan - Gone to Werder Bremen

Sean

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's shat on the club and we've eaten it bizarrely.  Should have been made to stay.  Can only assume those who are staying weren't keen to play with him.  He's forced this so I wish him no luck whatsoever. And they called Rowett a snake.  This whoppers an Anaconda

People are blinded by their fandom at times. He has done his job and contributed to the team over the last couple of years. He now has an opportunity to go and play abroad in a league at far higher standard than the one we find ourselves in and probably be paid a lot more than we can offer to do so. Plenty of employees leave jobs for new opportunities, especially if the last couple of years under their employer has been a nightmare with the business coming close to going bust and not operating at the levels it was previously able to. For some reason football clubs and their fans view this situation differently.
He could have agreed the deal with Bremen in January and caused disruption to the squad similar to when Festy agreed his deal, but he didn’t. What would we all be saying if Buchanan had agreed a transfer in January, looking to secure his future in the face of ongoing uncertainty with Derby? Would he get the same well wishes then that Festy has? What if then the takeover had happened, and we looked to trigger his extension and took legal action to cancel his agreed deal with Bremen and keep him at the club against his wishes? 
He’s moving on to an exciting opportunity in his career, in my view there’s simply no need for any of the spite I’ve seen towards the lad. If he was joining Forest then maybe I’d understand it a bit more ??‍♂️ 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

FWIW, I rate Buchanan overall and that’s a good move for him. But I think the players that the club consider to be their real assets were already wrapped up in contracts long before we got in this mess.

The ones the club are annoyed have gone are Gordon, Delap and the three that went to Man U. They’ve got Sibley, Knight, Cashin, Thompson and Bird wrapped up and they should be the ones we hopefully get a good recoup on.

Think the manner in which he’s left as given the sour taste in the mouth. If his contract had expired and he’d moved I think the general consensus would be ‘bloody Quantuma, another ones gone’.

Instead a contract which he and his representatives signed has been disputed and he’s weasled out and left us with a poor fee. I doubt the extension would’ve been disputed if we’d stayed up. 

It’s irrelevant now anyway as he’s gone and there’s nothing we can do to stop that. Wasn’t a world beater but at league 1 level he would’ve been an asset.  

Let’s see who we bring in to replace him.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

Think the manner in which he’s left as given the sour taste in the mouth. If his contract had expired and he’d moved I think the general consensus would be ‘bloody Quantuma, another ones gone’.

Instead a contract which he and his representatives signed has been disputed and he’s weasled out and left us with a poor fee. I doubt the extension would’ve been disputed if we’d stayed up. 

It’s irrelevant now anyway as he’s gone and there’s nothing we can do to stop that. Wasn’t a world beater but at league 1 level he would’ve been an asset.  

Let’s see who we bring in to replace him.

Lee who?

39 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

People are blinded by their fandom at times. He has done his job and contributed to the team over the last couple of years. He now has an opportunity to go and play abroad in a league at far higher standard than the one we find ourselves in and probably be paid a lot more than we can offer to do so. Plenty of employees leave jobs for new opportunities, especially if the last couple of years under their employer has been a nightmare with the business coming close to going bust and not operating at the levels it was previously able to. For some reason football clubs and their fans view this situation differently.
He could have agreed the deal with Bremen in January and caused disruption to the squad similar to when Festy agreed his deal, but he didn’t. What would we all be saying if Buchanan had agreed a transfer in January, looking to secure his future in the face of ongoing uncertainty with Derby? Would he get the same well wishes then that Festy has? What if then the takeover had happened, and we looked to trigger his extension and took legal action to cancel his agreed deal with Bremen and keep him at the club against his wishes? 
He’s moving on to an exciting opportunity in his career, in my view there’s simply no need for any of the spite I’ve seen towards the lad. If he was joining Forest then maybe I’d understand it a bit more ??‍♂️ 

Hadn't finished weedling his way out of his agreed extension at that point.

44 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

20220703_151546.jpg

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He's shat on the club and we've eaten it bizarrely.  Should have been made to stay.  Can only assume those who are staying weren't keen to play with him.  He's forced this so I wish him no luck whatsoever. And they called Rowett a snake.  This whoppers an Anaconda

Shat on the club lol. He has taken a promotion, the same that you would take or fight for, if it meant you earning more wages and doing work to a better standard, you have to realise we have dropped down a division and if the lad doesn't want to stay and wants to ply his trade at a higher level, then let him.  I for one wish him luck and hopefully he does Derby proud by achieving in his new club. 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

20220703_151546.jpg

Not sure what the point is here? A picture of him holding a Forest mug is hardly a smoking gun, also the point I was making was I would understand people’s negativity more if he had moved to Forest, he hasn’t, he’s gone abroad, so again the fact he once held or drank out of Forest mug is irrelevant.

I get it, as with Kirchner before and countless other examples when things don’t play out the way some people want it to for the club their reaction is to be negative and spiteful. That’s just not how I’m wired, there’s been enough misery and negativity around the club for too long, I would much rather say “ thanks and ta-ra Lee” and focus on the future.

3 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Shat on the club lol. He has taken a promotion, the same that you would take or fight for, if it meant you earning more wages and doing work to a better standard, you have to realise we have dropped down a division and if the lad doesn't want to stay and wants to ply his trade at a higher level, then let him.  I for one wish him luck and hopefully he does Derby proud by achieving in his new club. 

I realise he's taken legal advice to extract himself from an agreement with his club .  He's done this not with any expectation of success but to force a move.  After 2019 he was lucky to have a job . 

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I realise he's taken legal advice to extract himself from an agreement with his club .  He's done this not with any expectation of success but to force a move.  After 2019 he was lucky to have a job . 

Your seeing this through the eyes of a fan. If you wanted to leave your employment and was told you couldn't, would you take legal advice? 

I wish he would stay, that way he would get playing time and increase his value. 

If players don't want to play in division 1 then let them go. I would rather have happy players playing. 

He can do one then. Never one to rule out greedy agents interfering, but this is up there with Tyrone sneaking out the window for me.

No doubt he'll land up back in the championship in a few years without having played a game.

Look at the attitudes of Thompson and Cashin compared to those who have jumped ship. Pretty easy to say which you'd want at your club.

14 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

Your seeing this through the eyes of a fan. If you wanted to leave your employment and was told you couldn't, would you take legal advice? 

I wish he would stay, that way he would get playing time and increase his value. 

If players don't want to play in division 1 then let them go. I would rather have happy players playing. 

If the company had invested in me, helped me learn my trade, offered me professional terms following apprenticeship and a large increase in pay to go with it, then no. If  I thought my skill set could help them through a sticky patch and would be easily transferrable following that period then no. If I'd made a legally tight agreement with them for a further 12 months with no duress  at the time then no.

Can't really say much more.