Relegation clauses

Oldben

https://the72.co.uk/232989/most-of-Derby-countys-players-are-thought-to-have-relegation-clauses/

Thats it, if we are relegated I dont believe the fans would accept Rooney stating on as manager.

Can you see him bring in enough quality talent to replace much of the team if only the rotten players were left and those because nobody wants them.

Could mean a huge recruitment drive and paying stupid salaries just to bring in enough players to have a team, if the teams relegated.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Can you see him bring in enough quality talent to replace much of the team if only the rotten players were left and those because nobody wants them.

But surely there are no rotten players and players no-one else wants? Its all Rooney's fault!

Yes I can easily see him bringing in enough quality, he did in January when his hands were partly tied.

9 minutes ago, Oldben said:

https://the72.co.uk/232989/most-of-Derby-countys-players-are-thought-to-have-relegation-clauses/

Thats it, if we are relegated I dont believe the fans would accept Rooney stating on as manager.

Could mean a huge recruitment drive and paying stupid salaries just to bring in enough players to have a team, if the teams relegated.

Hopefully the novice will have it written in to his contract too, it won't be enough for him and he will utilise his management skills and expertise elsewhere......

Depends what the relegation clause is. If it is that the players wages reduce by a certain % that is good news as they might actually try to stay up and keep their higher wages. But if it is that they have a set transfer fee if we get relegated then they won't really be bothered about us going down.

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

I don’t think it’s up to the fans as to who the manager is and therefore don’t see how we can not accept Rooney.

Why would we be spending stupid salaries to bring in enough players to have a team for league one? 

3 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Has Rooney got a clause I wonder?

Wouldnt have thought so. We don't seem to put anything in managers contracts. They should have performance related clauses in their contracts like a lot of players do, but we usually just prefer to pay out millions to get rid instead. Maybe he'll be generous and take a pay cut if he gets us relegated.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Depends what the relegation clause is. If it is that the players wages reduce by a certain % that is good news as they might actually try to stay up and keep their higher wages. But if it is that they have a set transfer fee if we get relegated then they won't really be bothered about us going down.

I'm wondering if they all get a huge bonus for getting relegated and immediate payrise?

Relegation clauses will be present in most contracts I’d have thought, that’s not really a surprise. What’s more significant is the number of players out of contract / loans expiring. It’s going to leave us with a very thin squad, which is potentially good news, as it gives us a chance to clear out the current crap and rebuild. But it’s going to mean we need to do a lot of transfer business, and I don’t trust the current lot to oversee it. It seems obvious, but if we go down, Rooney simply has to go. We have to protest if he doesn’t.

7 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Relegation clauses will be present in most contracts I’d have thought, that’s not really a surprise. What’s more significant is the number of players out of contract / loans expiring. It’s going to leave us with a very thin squad, which is potentially good news, as it gives us a chance to clear out the current crap and rebuild. But it’s going to mean we need to do a lot of transfer business, and I don’t trust the current lot to oversee it. It seems obvious, but if we go down, Rooney simply has to go. We have to protest if he doesn’t.

Wayne is a lesser issue IMO.  I think there is a risk that whatever division we are in we could be one of those embarrassing clubs that can’t fill a subs bench.  I am at a loss as to how we deal with the number that will be leaving us in the environment where PS rules.  The added difficulty is not knowing what the accounts look like and the RVs of those at the end of their contracts

14 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Wayne is a lesser issue IMO.  I think there is a risk that whatever division we are in we could be one of those embarrassing clubs that can’t fill a subs bench.  I am at a loss as to how we deal with the number that will be leaving us in the environment where PS rules.  The added difficulty is not knowing what the accounts look like and the RVs of those at the end of their contracts

The good news is there will be an incredible amount of players released at the end of the season from clubs throughout the league.

The bad news is with the uncertainty over relegation and takeover, we won't be the first club making moves.

1 hour ago, sage said:

The good news is there will be an incredible amount of players released at the end of the season from clubs throughout the league.

The bad news is with the uncertainty over relegation and takeover, we won't be the first club making moves.

as usual, doesn't it feel like that every transfer window?

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

as usual, doesn't it feel like that every transfer window?

It's a good season to take a gamble and hoover up the best players who are on a free. There will be some bargain fees around too. 

If you can stand the 21/22 income loss its actually a good time to buy a club. If...you get the recruitment right.

Archived