Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

On 07/06/2024 at 13:42, Reggie Greenwood said:

Off to see Grace Jones at Halifax Station in a couple of weeks . Any one who has been ? Would be grateful of recommendations for pubs ( real ale not Madri s**** 😉) and eateries ? Thanks in anticipation 😀

I think it's at the Piece Hall. Good venue I saw Embrace there last year.

It got really busy in the centre, best to enter via the side entrance off Square Road by the library, much more space and easier to get close to the stage and the bars.

On 14/06/2024 at 14:27, 1977 Ram Raider said:

Just under 2 weeks until Foo Fighters at Villa Park. Looking forward to this, been on the bucket list for ages.

OMG, what an epic night, Foo Fighters were on fire. Also guest appearances from Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath and Shane Hawkins (Taylor’s son) did a song playing drums.

Christ, Glastonbury's got a pretty weak line up this year.

Dua Lipa, Coldplay and SZA headlining. Not worth £350 for the weekend. YNOT at least have some decent bands on for half the price.

Had a free airing of some (c)Rap "music" last night, courtesy of Derbyshire Cricket Club and the wind direction.  Google informs me it was "D Block Europe"?  (No, me neither!) 🤷‍♂️

The term "Rubbish" was the buzz word, both from a music perspective, and the state of the surrounding streets as early as 7pm as we cycled past, heading home from our day out.
I don't recall fans of Elton John, The Bublémeister, and Queen et al leaving the streets strewn with litter on such a massive scale.
Maybe the youngsters aren't as keen of looking after their planet as some like to make out!

#scummyfeckers
#inthebin

On 09/06/2024 at 10:41, Premier ram said:

Got tickets to see Richard Ashcroft

ACDC

Suede

The Snuts

also going to the Isle of Wight Festival

Isle of Wight festival , very good ,the set from Prodigy one of the best I’ve seen

AC/DC absolutely immense, Highway to Hell singalong will live in the memory for a long time

18 hours ago, NG2Ram said:

Off to see Pet Needs at the Hairy Dog tonight, a band based in Colchester but with two lads formerly from Derby in it.

Pet Needs last night, you can take the boys out of Derby………….

IMG_0806.jpeg