Relegation watch

Spanish

35 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Someone once said, and it’s quite simply true if you have less points than games played you are in trouble.

A friend of mine once said if you average less than a point a game you are in trouble.....perhaps your someone and my friend are the same person......such wise words ?

Worst case scenario is before we play Cov we’ll be 6 points clear of the drop. Said all along there are worse teams we just keep picking up the points we will be fine. We’re going to have to lose the next 2 or 3 to be pulled back into this. I think we can nearly close this thread. We are not going down. 

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

We've got more chance of making the playoffs than being relegated.........

(Neither is very likely though!)

That's an interesting one, would think relegation would be more likely, fewer teams to catch us. Playoffs would take a crazy run of results. I think how we are playing though, we will be fine and easily safe. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the loanees have been brought in with a view to bring them in again either on loan or permanently in the summer. I'd love Clarke to stay but I can't see it, especially if Brighton come down then there's no chance. Edmundson may be here for that reason, Baningime as cover with Bielik unlikely to return until around Christmas etc...

Slim chance with Edmundson. Roberts for certain if he produces some good stuff. Bangimine on his way here. Clarke if we get taken over. Gregory for sure. Why pick these players only to start from scratch.

18 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Slim chance with Edmundson. Roberts for certain if he produces some good stuff. Bangimine on his way here. Clarke if we get taken over. Gregory for sure. Why pick these players only to start from scratch.

I think Edmundson can be made permanent. Rangers would take what they paid for him, 600k, already got Jack Simpson coming in during the summer so Edmundson is further down their list than he is now.

Gregory on a free for sure. Can see Mengi on another season loan too.

Baningime for around 1m i reckon if we wanted him. Roberts would have to impress as I think with his huge fee to City originally they will want £2m+ for him. I agree on Clarke, can only see it happening if we get taken over of if we sell a youngster. 

Edited by DCFC1388

50pts will be enough to stay up, below is what is needed -

Derby (18th) - 4 win from 14 games

Huddersfield (19th) - 4 wins, 2 draws from 13 games

Coventry (20th) - 5 wins from 13 games

BHam (21st) - 5 wins, 1 draw from 13 games

Rotherham (22nd) - 7 wins from 15 games

Sheff W (23rd) - 7 wins, 1 draw from 14 games

Would take a huge swing in form from us & teams below us for us to be in danger. Roth & SW need to win half their games when they have lost something like 5 in a row

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think Edmundson can be made permanent. Rangers would take what they paid for him, 600k, already got Jack Simpson coming in during the summer so Edmundson is further down their list than he is now.

Gregory on a free for sure. Can see Mengi on another season loan too.

Baningime for around 1m i reckon if we wanted him. Roberts would have to impress as I think with his huge fee to City originally they will want £2m+ for him. I agree on Clarke, can only see it happening if we get taken over of if we sell a youngster. 

When is Roberts out of contract.

If you could pick the other 2 teams to go down with Wycombe who would you pick? Out of the teams in the relegation battle.

I would go with Birmingham & Sheff W. Cant stand Birmingham's fans & not keen on Chansiri so thats why Sheff W.

Also, under Rooney next year with his own players in I think we would get more points from Rotherham & Coventry than Birmingham & Sheff W.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

50pts will be enough to stay up, below is what is needed -

Derby (18th) - 4 win from 14 games

Huddersfield (19th) - 4 wins, 2 draws from 13 games

Coventry (20th) - 5 wins from 13 games

BHam (21st) - 5 wins, 1 draw from 13 games

Rotherham (22nd) - 7 wins from 15 games

Sheff W (23rd) - 7 wins, 1 draw from 14 games

Would take a huge swing in form from us & teams below us for us to be in danger. Roth & SW need to win half their games when they have lost something like 5 in a row

We need 6 points out of the next five games. Anything more is a bonus. We need to beat Coventry and Millwall. See what we can do against Barnsley, Brentford and Cardiff. Rock hard league I tell thee.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If you could pick the other 2 teams to go down with Wycombe who would you pick? Out of the teams in the relegation battle.

I would go with Birmingham & Sheff W. Cant stand Birmingham's fans & not keen on Chansiri so thats why Sheff W.

Also, under Rooney next year with his own players in I think we would get more points from Rotherham & Coventry than Birmingham & Sheff W.

Three or maybe four teams will still be in danger of going down with two games left to be relegated along with Wycombe.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We need 6 points out of the next five games. Anything more is a bonus. We need to beat Coventry and Millwall. See what we can do against Barnsley, Brentford and Cardiff. Rock hard league I tell thee.

Id take 8/9pts from our next 6 before the international break

Cardiff - A

Coventry - A

Barnsley - A

Millwall - H

Brentford - H

Stoke - A

Good thing with these 6 is that 4 away means the onus is on the home teams especially when 3 are fighting for playoffs & then Cov needing to gain points on us so could play into our hands Then the 2 home, Brentford like to play so wont sit in which could be good for us (like Swansea), Millwall could be the hardest of the 6 as Rowett will make them sit in and hit us on the counter and set pieces like Forest.

Edited by DCFC1388

11 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Millwall and Millwall reserves

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Id take 8/9pts from our next 6 before the international break

Cardiff - A

Coventry - A

Barnsley - A

Millwall - H

Brentford - H

Stoke - A

Good thing with these 6 is that 4 away means the onus is on the home teams especially when 3 are fighting for playoffs & then Cov needing to gain points on us so could play into our hands Then the 2 home, Brentford like to play so wont sit in which could be good for us (like Swansea), Millwall could be the hardest of the 6 as Rowett will make them sit in and hit us on the counter and set pieces like Forest.

I agree with what you say. A couple of rival teams may be in free fall by the end of these eight games. We may still get 6 or 7 but we need to catch a couple of these on a below par day to get more points. So many bizarre results in this league. Time to shape up. It is quite clear why Wayne has take battlers on loan.

41 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I prefer to keep the teams who bring a decent following to Pride Park, so Birmingham, Sheff Wed & Coventry can stay up for me.

I'm also a bit of a footballing snob so dross like Rotherham (and their gobby chairman) & Huddersfield (or Luton) can go for me.

Maggie Smith Fancy GIF by Sky España