Relegation watch

Spanish

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Best way to look at it= Sheff Wed need to win both games to avoid relegation and also rely on Rotherham only getting 5 points maximum in their 3 matches and also hope Derby do not win at Swansea.

Derby need to win both matches and they can't be caught by Rotherham.

Rotherham need to win at least 2 of their 3 remaining games providing the Rams lose their 2 matches to stay up or only pick a point. If Derby get 3 points out of their 2 remaining games Rotherham would need to win 2 and draw the other game.

Huddersfield will only get relegated if they lose both games, Rotherham win all 3 of theirs and Derby gain 4 points in their 2 games.

My money is on Huddersfield to stay up. I have not included Wycombe because they need a miracle to stay up.

You had me at Sheff Wednesday need to win both games.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc5nuIEAnwf8ZqxCQEMeZ

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Best way to look at it= Sheff Wed need to win both games to avoid relegation and also rely on Rotherham only getting 5 points maximum in their 3 matches and also hope Derby do not win at Swansea.

Rotherham need to win at least 2 of their 3 remaining games providing the Rams lose their 2 matches to stay up or only pick a point. If Derby get 3 points out of their 2 remaining games Rotherham would need to win 2 and draw the other game.

Huddersfield will only get relegated if they lose both games, Rotherham win all 3 of theirs and Derby gain 4 points in their 2 games.

My money is on Huddersfield to stay up. I have not included Wycombe because they need a miracle to stay up.

No, if we lose on Saturday and Wendies draw, then a win against us will be enough for them on GD, depending on how Rotherham do ?

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Wendies have to win on Saturday or they are gone. If Rovrum lose their next two then they are gone even if we lose to Swansea.

Rotherham can only lose 1 more game of football if they're going to survive. Wednesday can't lose at all. It really is in our hands, we should be able to do it.

31 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But don’t we need someone to create goals for the 25 goal scorer ?

An out and out goalscorer will get goals even without a quality player providing him the chances with assists. Adam Armstrong at Blackburn, who's got 25 goals so far (hope he gets more against Rotherham) has converted 1 in 5 chances he's had. His shot accuracy is 61%. The rest of the players at Blackburn have done a total of 29 assists, thats in their teams 59 goals which concludes some of his goals were scored without any creative pass to him. Granted some goals were from the penalty spot, so no assist.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Why is that incorrect?

They're on 39 points. We're on 43. If they fail to beat us, we finish on either 44 or 46 points (providing we lose against Swansea).

They beat Forest and they're on 42. Lose against us, they're on 42. Draw with us and they're on 43. That's less than both 44 and 46.

Maths not his strong point I guess. Curtains should pull himself together. ?

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

wednesday just need to better our result on saturday and then beat us to finish above us. 

2 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Ultimately it will come to a shoot out at PP a week on Sun when loser gets relegated. 

Remember Wednesday having to get a win at home to Palace on the last day to avoid the third tier and Palace would drop down. They lost and Palace stayed up. Think Palace poo housed there way up in the playoffs a couple of years later and have been up since. 

We are basically Palace in 2010 off the field with Wednesdays league form. What a combination.

Crystal Palace ensured their Championship survival but condemned opponents Sheffield Wednesday to League One football next season after an afternoon of incredible passion and tension ended in a draw at a sold-out Hillsborough.

The game finished with Wednesday besieging the Palace goal, but the visiting team held on to clinch the point they needed to seal their survival.

Palace's celebrations are tinged with uncertainty as the south London club are in administration and facing serious questions about their survival.

The Eagles have no funds to remain operating beyond the end of the season and face the prospect of selling off their players to generate income, while the short-term contract of manager Paul Hart has expired.

Hope rests with the CPFC 2010 consortium, which has expressed an interest in buying the club.

Wednesday chairman Lee Strafford has made it clear that relegation is not a financial disaster for his club, but it is certainly a major frustration for the Owls, who looked likely to avoid the drop after an upturn in results followed the appointment of Alan Irvine in January.

But Wednesday had won only one of their previous 11 league games going into Sunday's encounter and, despite refusing to throw in the towel after twice falling behind, they will play third-tier football next term after a largely disappointing season.

On 11/03/2021 at 12:52, Dimmu said:

I doubt we need as many as 11 points. About 7 could be enough.

There was a thread about getting to fifty points earlier, at the time we had 39 points. We would need one win to get to that 46 points I counted to be enough March 11th.

We are on schedule, but hopefully 43 points is enough!

Rotherham’s next 3 aren’t too bad on paper. I can see them picking up 4 points as a minimum. Would be tough for them to win 2 out of 3. Wednesday will beat Forest. We have to get something from Swansea. I imagine they’d want to avoid playing Brentford in 3rd in the play offs. Very close between 4th, 5th and 6th. They’ll want a win against us as they have Watford last game. I can see it coming down to the Sheff Wed game - I hope folks blood pressures are all OK, this is gonna be so so tight!

I really dont get why fans are optimistic , rotherham are down forget them  .its sheffield that's the problem , they will best forest and we all know why.......I mean come on really .........you expect forest to play out there skins really as sheff wed will really come at them . Then your relying on us to beat Swansea away lol and then have the bottle and guile to out do Wednesday.........not a chance , when have they showed any of this in past 12 games . Where gone accept it . The important question is Alonso going to take us over still once relegated ??????

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Your asking a bunch of players who know they wont be here next season to put their head in where it hurts for the next 2 Match's, not a chance .

That’s it in a nut shell and has been since the 5 loanees came in.

Saturday has to be our cup final. Anything less than a win isn’t good enough. We win Saturday then we stay up. We shouldn’t even be considering giving Wednesday a sniff on the last day against us. We’ve seen how we play in games against the teams at the bottom of the league.

I actually think that we will get nothing and Wednesday will get at least a point against Forest. But this is our last life line now...we’re like a cat with 9 lives and this is the last one. 

Archived