Relegation watch

Spanish

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

An out and out goalscorer will get goals even without a quality player providing him the chances with assists. Adam Armstrong at Blackburn, who's got 25 goals so far (hope he gets more against Rotherham) has converted 1 in 5 chances he's had. His shot accuracy is 61%. The rest of the players at Blackburn have done a total of 29 assists, thats in their teams 59 goals which concludes some of his goals were scored without any creative pass to him. Granted some goals were from the penalty spot, so no assist.

Think we will have to agree to disagree. I just don't see how a striker would have scored 25 goals for us this season with the way the team has been set up to contain and aim for 0-0 every game. We are not creating the chances for our strikers, it's not as if we are missing lots of chances that a better striker would put away. I agree we need probably two new strikers over the summer but they will only be able to flourish under a Manager that wants to play more offensively and go out to win games of football....

31 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Saturday has to be our cup final. Anything less than a win isn’t good enough. We win Saturday then we stay up. We shouldn’t even be considering giving Wednesday a sniff on the last day against us. We’ve seen how we play in games against the teams at the bottom of the league.

I actually think that we will get nothing and Wednesday will get at least a point against Forest. But this is our last life line now...we’re like a cat with 9 lives and this is the last one. 

We don't have to win on Saturday, we just have to match Wednesday's result - if we do they are relegated no matter what they do against Forest. As they kick off early, we'll know what is needed before we get underway.

If Wednesday lose to Forest, then we can lose both of our remaining games and will still finish above them. Of course Rotherham might put us both down if we do!

For what it's worth (very little!) I think both Derby and Wednesday will draw on Saturday; Owls will then be relegated and we will beat them last day to relegate Rotherham with them. They would rather be competing with Rotherham next season for automatic promotion than a Derby that has most likely undergone a change in ownership, management and playing squad.

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

We don't have to win on Saturday, we just have to match Wednesday's result - if we do they are relegated no matter what they do against Forest. As they kick off early, we'll know what is needed before we get underway.

If Wednesday lose to Forest, then we can lose both of our remaining games and will still finish above them. Of course Rotherham might put us both down if we do!

For what it's worth (very little!) I think both Derby and Wednesday will draw on Saturday; Owls will then be relegated and we will beat them last day to relegate Rotherham with them. They would rather be competing with Rotherham next season for automatic promotion than a Derby that has most likely undergone a change in ownership, management and playing squad.

I can only see a Rams defeat and Wednesday win on Saturday unfortunately and it will end with a final day shoot out at PPS the following week.....depending on how Rotherham do in midweek both Rams and the Wendies might both have to win that game to avoid the trap door.....

3 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

Agree with much of that, but the alternative theory for playing an already-relegated Wednesday on the last day is that teams who are already down often play with more freedom once their fate is decided. Plus they might be motivated to drag another 'big club' down with them. ?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

They need to play for the shirt .

Players should be proud when they pull on Derby County’s shirt on match days. 

I agree in principle but let’s not forget the club they represent hasn’t paid them on time on two separate occasions recently. 

I bet most of them don’t really give a rats **** about the club and most know they won’t be here next season. 

I know if my employer failed to pay my wages on multiple occasions my output and productivity would drop significantly 

Doesn’t make it right of course, but the club certainly hasn’t helped motivate the players has it?

1 hour ago, Turnstile said:

That’s it in a nut shell and has been since the 5 loanees came in.

Because they've played so many games and scored a few goals! Bloody typical, keeping that goal-machine Snip out and that man-mountain of a CB Wisdom on the bench? Is that what you mean? ?

Edit: oh and potentially playing for a contract, just like Wisdom & Snip?

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

I know we don’t HAVE to win, but it’s just my opinion that a win on Saturday and then the final day of the season won’t matter. If we leave it to the last day, even if Wednesday are down then it gives Rotherham 2 games that week with belief. 

Have a feeling we will lose on Saturday against Swansea and draw against Sheff Wednesday. Hope Blackburn win against Rotherham but again, how the  Millers got stuck in last night, they may get a draw. All in all strap yourself in for a bumpy ride on 15th! I think that whatever happens then will be a turning point in this great club of ours. May 2021 is going to be very interesting! I pray we still have a club by then! 

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

I agree in principle but let’s not forget the club they represent hasn’t paid them on time on two separate occasions recently. 

I bet most of them don’t really give a rats **** about the club and most know they won’t be here next season. 

I know if my employer failed to pay my wages on multiple occasions my output and productivity would drop significantly 

Doesn’t make it right of course, but the club certainly hasn’t helped motivate the players has it?

Remember that home game where a point was good enough to reach the playoffs? We turned up like no-one cared and lost.

“We have a small squad and I’m exhausted myself. It feels like we’ve played a quarter of a season in a month and the sad thing is, if you are winning every week you feel a million dollars but when you lose you lick your wounds and they get deeper."

Quote from Rotherham boss.

3 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Remember that home game where a point was good enough to reach the playoffs? We turned up like no-one cared and lost.

We turned up and froze, couldn't handle the pressure. There's a difference.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Remember that time Forest only needed to not loose by 3 goals to qualify for the play offs, and then went and lost by 3 goals. Not really relevant, but always makes me happier to think about that. 

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Presumably they may want contracts elsewhere

I mentioned this, but was told I was wrong because they already all had contracts elsewhere. So they  dont care, that’s why it’s nothing to do with the manager. They are also useless, which also why it’s got nothing to do with the manager.

So useless in fact they’ve all secured contracts with other clubs well before the seasons end...........go figure!

?

Edited by Ramarena

Or, Derby and Rotherham could switch-up form, and leapfrog Huddersfield. 

It is time that we were back in the Premier League! But, perhaps that sentiment might be the problem!

Maybe we believe that we are entitled to be there! Deserve to be there. And maybe we need to reinvent ourselves, forget past glories, and build back up as if we have never been in the top league.

Maybe, if we feel entitled, it means that we lack that tiny little bit of fight. As a culture. Rebranding? New Derby? Derby Lambs! (I'm joking!)

If we get relegated, I'll be embarrassed. But if it happens, it might be a quicker way to the Premier League.

But we won't get relegated!

1 hour ago, Derbados said:

Why punish the fans though?