Relegation watch

Spanish

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

??? Barnsley have only spent out on 3 players, Herbie Kane £2.6m, Dominik Frieser £720k and Michal Helik £720k, the rest came in on free transfers. They sold Jacob Brown for £1.98m so they have'nt splashed that much cash to compete with the parachuters. Their top goalscorers, Cauley Woodrow (signed 2019) and Daryl Dike on loan from Orlando city in Feb 2021 have made the difference with their goals. Having conceded 46 goals (thats only 7 less than the Rams).

We find/sign a couple of decent strikers without spending silly money, we too could be in the same boat as Barnsley.

The incoming frees are good and they have chosen well. But they still need to agree and pay a salary 

Edited by kevinhectoring

Sheffield Wednesday12:30Nottingham Forest

if they lose or we win they are relegated.  Same if we both draw

Huddersfield Town15:00Coventry City

if they match either of Rovrum or us they are safe

Rotherham United15:00Blackburn Rovers

if they lose and we win it is over

Wycombe Wanderers15:00AFC Bournemouth

If they fail to win or we get a point they are formally relegated.  Goal diff means they are really gone

30 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Mmmm. So you’re saying there is no “mathematical possibility” of Wycombe winning both their games and Derby losing both theirs? I agree it’s unlikely but it’s still mathematically possible.

I think that's not what Ken Tram is suggesting. This was a statistical modelling based on past performance to suggest most likley future outcomes. Of course there is a mathematical chance but the modelling suggested it will not happen.

16 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

It’s odd isn’t it that all the teams with seemingly “nothing to play for” have won their games against the relegation candidates. Here’s hoping !     COYR

Swans have nothing to play for and that will be the exception I hope

Edited by StrawHillRam

25 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I think that's not what Ken Tram is suggesting. This was a statistical modelling based on past performance to suggest most likley future outcomes. Of course there is a mathematical chance but the modelling suggested it will not happen.

so it's "probability" not "possibility"

13 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Apart from winning a place in the team for the play offs and maybe Wembley whilst trying to get home advantage in the play offs - whilst if I was them I wouldn’t be risking any players carrying injuries or close to a suspension 

12 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

unless they want to try and finish 3rd or 4th and therefore secure a second leg at home in the play offs.

They still have something to play for but they will have to weigh the benefits up against the risks.

38 minutes ago, Spanish said:

If they fail to win or we get a point they are formally relegated.  Goal diff means they are really gone

Don’t think we need to worry about Udders now...

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Apart from winning a place in the team for the play offs and maybe Wembley whilst trying to get home advantage in the play offs - whilst if I was them I wouldn’t be risking any players carrying injuries or close to a suspension 

It’s a tough call for them, they’ll want to keep the winning momentum but not at the expense of losing  any players.  Regardless they’ll have too much for us any way

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

It’s a tough call for them, they’ll want to keep the winning momentum but not at the expense of losing  any players.  Regardless they’ll have too much for us any way

Agree on the last bit, not sure it matters that much what team they put out.

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

No they won’t we will win this game 

54 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If Wednesday lose today, that’s them relegated, right? 

1 hour ago, Spanish said: