Relegation watch

Spanish

3 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Uh ? 

So forget about the threat of relegation 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/02/Derby-reading-championship-match-report

Only needed a point and didn't bother turning up. Feels like the same thing could repeat itself at the other end of the table except we won't turn up for about 20 games in a row instead. 

22 minutes ago, GenBr said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/02/Derby-reading-championship-match-report

Only needed a point and didn't bother turning up. Feels like the same thing could repeat itself at the other end of the table except we won't turn up for about 20 games in a row instead. 

Can you imagine even being at that level in the championship?

Glory days

15 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'd take just winning a game at this point.

If we somehow stay up i'd imagine it will be several years before we ever get close to challenging for promotion again

There have been times I've been a little wistful for the days of mid-table obscurity under Clough Jnr - The days when we weren't sure if Theo Robinson could somehow turn himself into a good player (spoiler, he couldn't) and when we'd pick up such bargain legends as Craig Bryson (hero) and a little known, unfancied midlands lad from the back end of nowhere could be plucked from (essentially) non-league to become a folk hero (GodBlessBucko)

Can you imagine somebody asking you this at the start to the season - or even at Christmas.

All you need to  send Rotherham down is to take 1 point off them over the 2 games. How confident are you?

1 point off a bottom 3 or 4 team, you'd be pretty confident, right?

Jeez, that's depressing.

Edited by Bob The Badger
Forget about the hooters

I remember walking down to the BBG and PP full of confidence that we would get a result. You knew what every player was capable of, their position on the pitch and the managers tactics. It was down to our opponents to try and stop us.

Wayne says the players have no confidence. Just sit them down and show them the home game v Swansea.

Stop hoofing it and play football, minus the endless passing from side to side. The only time we got it down and played v Brum , they couldn’t cope and we scored.

To the players. Our ground is called PRIDE Park. Let’s be avin some in the last 2 games.

UTR 

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I remember walking down to the BBG and PP full of confidence that we would get a result. You knew what every player was capable of, their position on the pitch and the managers tactics. It was down to our opponents to try and stop us.

Wayne says the players have no confidence. Just sit them down and show them the home game v Swansea.

Stop hoofing it and play football, minus the endless passing from side to side. The only time we got it down and played v Brum , they couldn’t cope and we scored.

To the players. Our ground is called PRIDE Park. Let’s be avin some in the last 2 games.

UTR 

With you fella.

1 hour ago, Bob The Badger said:

Can you imagine somebody asking you this at the start to the season - or even at Christmas.

All you need to  send Rotherham down is to take 1 point off them over the 2 games. How confident are you?

1 point off a bottom 3 or 4 team, you'd be pretty confident, right?

Jeez, that's depressing.

I remember saying in January that the threat of relegation was very real but I think many didn’t believe it. Thank god we had that little spell of wins otherwise we would already be down! 

Worrall has come out and said he would rather we stayed up so the local Derby is still there next season, that is coming from a local lad and their captain so you would like to think they will put up a bit of a performance. Plus all the pressure is on Sheff W so Forest could play counter attacking football like they're used to and hopefully cause Sheff W some problems.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Worrall has come out and said he would rather we stayed up so the local Derby is still there next season, that is coming from a local lad and their captain so you would like to think they will put up a bit of a performance. Plus all the pressure is on Sheff W so Forest could play counter attacking football like they're used to and hopefully cause Sheff W some problems.

Forest will want to win the game, not sure they will though....

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

There have been times I've been a little wistful for the days of mid-table obscurity under Clough Jnr - The days when we weren't sure if Theo Robinson could somehow turn himself into a good player (spoiler, he couldn't) and when we'd pick up such bargain legends as Craig Bryson (hero) and a little known, unfancied midlands lad from the back end of nowhere could be plucked from (essentially) non-league to become a folk hero (GodBlessBucko)

I feel like i always say i'd just like some stability, but i genuinely wouldnt mind a few seasons of mid table if we could have some more memorable games v Forest or even some players i feel some connection to. 

Other than maybe some of the youth players none of the players we currently have really make me think they are someone worth keeping. The likes of Bucco, Hendrick, Russell, Keogh, etc all played in some pretty dire seasons for us, but i still felt we were all in it together and a lot of those players will be remembered for a long time. In the current team i wouldnt be that bothered if we got rid of all of them.

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I feel like i always say i'd just like some stability, but i genuinely wouldnt mind a few seasons of mid table if we could have some more memorable games v Forest or even some players i feel some connection to. 

Other than maybe some of the youth players none of the players we currently have really make me think they are someone worth keeping. The likes of Bucco, Hendrick, Russell, Keogh, etc all played in some pretty dire seasons for us, but i still felt we were all in it together and a lot of those players will be remembered for a long time. In the current team i wouldnt be that bothered if we got rid of all of them.

Hopefully with a new owner and new Manager we can start afresh and a rebuild and start getting those sort of players in again...

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hopefully with a new owner and new Manager we can start afresh and a rebuild and start getting those sort of players in again...

I dont care how old Bucco is now i'd still bring him out of retirement for the last two games. He's already employed by us, so at the very least get him in the dressing room!

Rotherham losing again is a big bonus for us.  They now only have one game in hand and are 4 points behind us, although their GD is still better than ours.  They can only catch us if they get 4 points out of 9 and we don't get any more points.

Wycombe can't catch us unless they win both games with big scores and we lose both ours, also with big scores.

Sheff Wed have the same GD as us and can only catch us if they win both their 2 games and we don't get any more points.

This weekend could therefore see all this resolved, but I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up in a last day shoot out with Sheff Wed or Rotherham or even both for the prize of staying up.

A point against Swansea would really help to make the last day shoot out less likely, so come Saturday that's what I'll be praying for, along with Sheff Wed & Rotherham not getting 3 points.  If that's the outcome then we're safe unless Rotherham win their last 2 games.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I dont care how old Bucco is now i'd still bring him out of retirement for the last two games. He's already employed by us, so at the very least get him in the dressing room!

Given in goal, Rosenior, Wassall and Bucko in defence, Steve Mac in midfield and Wazza upfront...sorted...

2 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

Rotherham losing again is a big bonus for us.  They now only have one game in hand and are 4 points behind us, although their GD is still better than ours.  They can only catch us if they get 4 points out of 9 and we don't get any more points.

Wycombe can't catch us unless they win both games with big scores and we lose both ours, also with big scores.

Sheff Wed have the same GD as us and can only catch us if they win both their 2 games and we don't get any more points.

This weekend could therefore see all this resolved, but I wouldn't be surprised if we do end up in a last day shoot out with Sheff Wed or Rotherham or even both for the prize of staying up.

A point against Swansea would really help to make the last day shoot out less likely, so come Saturday that's what I'll be praying for, along with Sheff Wed & Rotherham not getting 3 points.  If that's the outcome then we're safe unless Rotherham win their last 2 games.

Not quite so, if we lose on Saturday, a draw and a win against us with suffice for Wendies on GD...

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Yeh you would mind.

Everybody says that, but one, perhaps two seasons of mediocrity and people would be utterly fed up.

It's human adaption.

99% of the time we want things to be a little bit better.

And then when things are a little bit better we want them to be a tad better again.

1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh you would mind.

Everybody says that, but one, perhaps two seasons of mediocrity and people would be utterly fed up.

It's human adaption.

99% of the time we want things to be a little bit better.

And then when things are a little bit better we want them to be a tad better again.

I think one step at a time for me. I just want to get back to looking forward to a Rams game and enjoying watching them play. Can’t remember when I last felt that way...