v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

2 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Jeez we were so much better than them 1st half and we end up behind..

I wouldn't say so much better. Reading move the ball well, offer movement and play through the thrids. We hoof it down the line or to CKR and bypass the midfield. Bar the decent sequence of three chances in 10 seconds, we have again offered little. We don't deserve to be behind for sure, but saying we were so much better than them? Come on really?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Sibley should be the 10, not Knight. Knight is box to box, I have no clue why he is being forced into that role. 

We do love playing players out of position. One of my major gripes. Don’t expect to get the best of of players, shoehorning them into different positions.

Shame that, we’ve generally played very well so far. Their goal just emphasises the difference between us and the top teams - they have players who finish the limited chances they make. 

Knight has had a shocking day. I’d take him off for Joz or Roberts and move Sibley into the middle. 

Harsh to be 0-1 down but that is a superb finish. We had the chances in quick succession but apart from that we looked as toothless as Reading. Must offer more next half as we now have too. Up until that goal it was looking like a good performance as think we'd take a 0-0 before the game if offered. Lets see if we can chase the game.

1 minute ago, desirelines said:

Cruel end to the half, but we look disjointed both in attack and defence. Need to press more. Losing Byrne a real blow. Poor decision making on the break and Sibley needs to up his game second half. Lovely finish for the goal though! 

We must be watching a different game. I thought the pressing was pretty good.

12 minutes ago, tombomb said:

I dont agree, he hides from the defenders when they are searching for an outball. When ever someone is looking for a pass he runs behind a reading player, on the odd occasion he does receive it he takes the easy option and passes back too a defender and we are at square one again. Doesn't really put many challenges in, dont really see what he is doing out there. Each to their own opinion though 

Not sure why you are singling out Bird.

2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Sibley should be the 10, not Knight. Knight is box to box, I have no clue why he is being forced into that role. 

Said the same earlier.

One of the few times we've been unlucky this season to be losing .  If we could have scored first fancied we could have nicked this one and should have played a more naturally attacking line up as their arse would have gone . Nothing Reading have put forward shows me any different .  We'll probably lose now in all likelihood, but no way they'll be in top 6 end of season. There a mid table side come the final curtain

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Said the same earlier.

One of the few times we've been unlucky this season to be losing .  If we could have scored first fancied we could have nicked this one and should have played a more naturally attacking line up as their arse would have gone . Nothing Reading have put forward shows me any different .  We'll probably lose now in all likelihood, but no way they'll be in top 6 end of season. There a mid table side come the final curtain

Exactly, kind of game where if we got the first we could hold off these but I just cannot see how we can go on to get 3 points.

Archived