v Reading (a) Matchday Thread

Parsnip

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Not sure why you are singling out Bird.

Im not the only one that is mentioning Bird doing this. It is a regular pattern for him. We cant afford passengers at the moment. I just dont see why he is there. Even for the goal then, he ran over to cover shinnie who was already covering mcdonald which took both our DM's over to the right wing leaving a gapping gap in the middle of the pitch. I just dont see why we dont try Baningime in there or put knight in there alongside shinnie and play watson further up the pitch who has shown that he can play a pass. None of it makes sense. Why are we playing sibley on the wing and knight in the no10? Dont get it. 

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played pretty well that half but now they nicked the goal they can just counter us.

Knight offers absolutely no quality on the ball, goal came from him trying too much (again) but to be fair he has run his socks off and helped us press. Bird has done nothing all game.

Get Jozwiak on for Bird, Knight in the 2 and put Sibley CAM

1 minute ago, tombomb said:

Im not the only one that is mentioning Bird doing this. It is a regular pattern for him. We cant afford passengers at the moment. I just dont see why he is there. Even for the goal then, he ran over to cover shinnie who was already covering mcdonald which took both our DM's over to the right wing leaving a gapping gap in the middle of the pitch. I just dont see why we dont try Baningime in there or put knight in there alongside shinnie and play watson further up the pitch who has shown that he can play a pass. None of it makes sense. Why are we playing sibley on the wing and knight in the no10? Dont get it. 

I agree, it's worrying.

Just now, tombomb said:

I will say that today, Bird has been a bit better with passing forward, just a shame that every ball he has passed has been over hit. 

2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Exactly, kind of game where if we got the first we could hold off these but I just cannot see how we can go on to get 3 points.

What we need to do is move that ball quicker show some movement if I was roony I be telling selby to run at them and get some decent balls into there box.

1 minute ago, tombomb said:

Indeed.  Your also correct about Bird.  Two and a half years in and I see nothing myself that warrants any fan fare.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

What we need to do is move that ball quicker show some movement if I was roony I be telling selby to run at them and get some decent balls into there box.

Putting him where he normally plays best would be a good start for Rooney. 

Wide attacker he simply isn't. And knight isn't a 10. I don't know what our coaching team think they're seeing. 

5 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Bird is quality, the best out of the three of him, Knight and Sibley.

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

Stone wall Penalty - Wisdom at CB is not going to take us forward he’s sooo sloppy - (not given I may add)

Not sure it was. Ref very well sighted. The Reading player went down too eagerly for me and Wizz looked like he pulled his foot away before contact.

Archived