International Rams

Addingham Ram

6 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

hope that none of our players are  called up. Risks of injury, tiredness and Covid risk is too high.

You just know what is going to happen to those that have been called up. It will disrupt our season even further.

Impeccable timing

2 minutes ago, roboto said:

Jamaica is amber list. So If Ravel is fully vaccinated he just needs to produce a negative test on his return.

Unfortunately it seems that most footballers are not vaccinated and personally I think countries shouldn’t let them in unless they were, it would change that attitude very quickly and to be honest most clubs should insist on it.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Unfortunately it seems that most footballers are not vaccinated and personally I think countries shouldn’t let them in unless they were, it would change that attitude very quickly and to be honest most clubs should insist on it.

Did a bit more reading and "Elite Sportspersons" don't need to quarantine on return from an amber list country even if they aren't fully vaccinated.

Where did the information about "most footballers are not vaccinated" come from? It would be interesting to read a report on professional sportspersons uptake on the vaccine. As far as I was aware, a lot of sports people are fully vaccinated, especially Olympic athletes and those who travel globally regularly to do their job. It would seem very backwards to allow people to fly around the world because they earn a few extra quid for kicking a ball around without them having some sort of assurance that they'd been vaccinated or were extremely careful about how they conduct themselves outside of their work bubble.

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Impeccable timing

This is interesting given Jack Stretton not joining Scotland.

Jamaica have 3 qualifying fixtures during this window. One is away in Mexico which is on the red list. Another is away at Costa Rica, also on the red list. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list

This tweet only mentions the middle game, at home to Panama. Now Panama is also on the red list,  but Jamaica isn't, so this counts as OK.

Does the club have an agreement with Ravel only to join up for the one home fixture? Once there, will he come under pressure to also play the other two matches? Will be interesting.

Edit: I see the club have addressed this in their statement about the call-up, specifically saying Ravel has not been released for the Mexico or Costa Rica games: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/08/morrison-called-up-for-jamacias-world-cup-qualifier-against-panama 

Edited by Carl Sagan

7 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

This is interesting given Jack Stretton not joining Scotland.

Jamaica have 3 qualifying fixtures during this window. One is away in Mexico which is on the red list. Another is away at Costa Rica, also on the red list. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list

This tweet only mentions the middle game, at home to Panama. Now Panama is also on the red list,  but Jamaica isn't, so this counts as OK.

Does the club have an agreement with Ravel only to join up for the one home fixture? Once there, will he come under pressure to also play the other two matches? Will be interesting.

Edit: I see the club have addressed this in their statement about the call-up, specifically saying Ravel has not been released for the Mexico or Costa Rica games: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/08/morrison-called-up-for-jamacias-world-cup-qualifier-against-panama 

Don’t worry he’ll catch Covid from the Panama players or staff in the home game 

2 hours ago, roboto said:

Did a bit more reading and "Elite Sportspersons" don't need to quarantine on return from an amber list country even if they aren't fully vaccinated.

Where did the information about "most footballers are not vaccinated" come from? It would be interesting to read a report on professional sportspersons uptake on the vaccine. As far as I was aware, a lot of sports people are fully vaccinated, especially Olympic athletes and those who travel globally regularly to do their job. It would seem very backwards to allow people to fly around the world because they earn a few extra quid for kicking a ball around without them having some sort of assurance that they'd been vaccinated or were extremely careful about how they conduct themselves outside of their work bubble.

I watched lots of managers responding when they have been asked directly - Warnock has been very vocal about it and he is correct on this occasion 

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Don’t worry he’ll catch Covid from the Panama players or staff in the home game 

Worth noting that the foreign office actually have Jamaica down as a do not travel ( meaning insurance not valid) whilst still sat in amber currently 

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I watched lots of managers responding when they have been asked directly - Warnock has been very vocal about it and he is correct on this occasion 

How do you know Warnock is correct? Did he supply some factual information to you or anyone that most players haven't been vaccinated? II've searched and found the recent Warnock article, but that's one club. The other news stories I fund were the Sun and Daily Mail (with Sport Bible quoting these articles). Not to say there's not some truth, but these papers usually ham things up to add a bit more spice to the story and I'd be shocked if the majority of players aren't vaccinated or had their first dose by now.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just like some decent evidence regarding it before we all jump to conclusions.

On 31/08/2021 at 13:58, Sparkle said:

Worth noting that the foreign office actually have Jamaica down as a do not travel ( meaning insurance not valid) whilst still sat in amber currently 

Covid outbreak is increasing again in Jamaica...number of cases has been increasing steadily again and is approaching the peak of last March.

On 31/08/2021 at 13:58, Sparkle said:

Yeah, one of my staff has just had her honeymoon cancelled for next week because of this.