Coventry v Derby Match Day Thread

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I have seen Coventry 3 times on SKY I think. They are not really a route 1 team like Rotherham and Wycombe. They pass the ball well and set a good tempo. They are quite attractive to watch, good passing and movement and move the ball quickly. I don’t think they will go down...be a tough test.

Agree - should be a good game of football on paper 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I have seen Coventry 3 times on SKY I think. They are not really a route 1 team like Rotherham and Wycombe. They pass the ball well and set a good tempo. They are quite attractive to watch, good passing and movement and move the ball quickly. I don’t think they will go down...be a tough test.

hope you are right,we will  stand more chance of getting points

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Interesting that you say performances (plural). I agree, no player deserves to keep their place after a string of bad performances but I’m not sure we should be dropping every player, especially a keeper when your number one keeper is injured, after one poor game. It’s not as if Roos had a shocker.

Fair point, but I actually do think Roos had a shocker the other night to be honest. Not just the goals, but every kick he made seemed to go to a Cardiff player. Maybe I’m just being overly harsh on all the individual players because I’m so annoyed at the utterly pathetic, inept performance last time out. 

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair point, but I actually do think Roos had a shocker the other night to be honest. Not just the goals, but every kick he made seemed to go to a Cardiff player. Maybe I’m just being overly harsh on all the individual players because I’m so annoyed at the utterly pathetic, inept performance last time out. 

My main problem with Roos is that he seems to terrify our defence as much as he terrifies me - and that's ignoring the lack of dominance and strange positioning....

If the defence are going to perform well they have to be a unit with the goal keeper - when Roos plays they look like a bunch of strangers - hope he plays a blinder today....

They usually play 3412 so with 2 strikers will press our centre backs today. Thought we might have matched their formation. We wont have time for centre back ping pong today.

We need Waggy & Roberts close to CKR not out wide so we almost have 3 forwards to their 3 centre backs.

Could potentially be 442 too, Waggy looked good upfront off Gregory midweek so maybe he is upfront, Knight left & Roberts right?

Archived