Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

God this Sky narrative that Forest played well is boring isn’t it

Knocakert does a few pointless step overs and they’re acting like we’re seeing the second coming of Maradona. 

Yeah, his stepovers and flicks are great if you are 2-0 or 3-0 up with a few minutes to go but my only thought was ‘you’re gonna regret that’ when it’s 1-0. 

It’s a sign of letting your guard down which lets errors in. He wasn’t winning the battle with Buchanan enough to make it effective.

Disappointing. Very lucky to get the draw, we didn’t deserve anything out of that match. Performance was downright pathetic frankly, this is a local Derby, one of the biggest games of the season with all the pride riding on it, and we didn’t look up for the fight at all. A weak showing, lacking in any sort of energy, effort and desire - for the umpteenth time in a row against Forest. Why can’t we get up for these matches anymore?! This run is getting embarrassing.

Despite the brilliance from Kazim-Richards, I’m left fuming, and I hope Rooney is too. You’ve got to be winning games like this, at home against your local rivals, especially with some of the games we have coming up. Handed Rotherham the chance to make some ground up against an out of form Reading tomorrow now. Massive amount to work on in training now before the game against Cardiff - play like that against them and we’ll get battered. Passing was truly truly woeful, can barely believe they were professional footballers out there with the number of basic passes they missed. Defence was unusually disorganised, the attacking movement was non-existent, and once again we were so so so wasteful with the chances we did create. Need so much more quality all over the pitch if we’re going to have a chance mid-week. McCarthy and Cardiff will walk all over us if we play with that lack of commitment again. Absolutely terrible.

28 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Should of won they are poo. CKR you are a legend, Bird and Joz not good enough. Gregory and Roberts need to start next game. Roll on next season, we’re getting there 

I think the stream you were watching down there in Tejas might have been dodgy, we nowhere near deserved to win, a point was generous. Bird was out best player, he actually looked after the ball and gave It to our own player and tried winning It back when he didn’t have It. Gregory should have won It for us, that was a simple chance. 
you are right about Jozwiak though, he is rubbish. 

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

Yeah, his stepovers and flicks are great if you are 2-0 or 3-0 up with a few minutes to go but my only thought was ‘you’re gonna regret that’ when it’s 1-0. 

It’s a sign of letting your guard down which lets errors in. He wasn’t winning the battle with Buchanan enough to make it effective.

Maybe, but I like entertaining football and skill, players like Kinkladze were often a luxury that were carried but a sublime touch or bit of vision is sometimes worth the admission price. Taking my Derby glasses off he is the sort of player I'd love to watch here.

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

2 goals and 2 assists this season and they all love him. Lee Gregory was half way to that half an hour into his debut.

Bizarre football club.

Sure the narrative around him being a top championship player will fade one day. Maybe when he’s 50 and Chris Hughton has just signed him for the 42nd time at this level.

2 minutes ago, BrudeRAM said:

I like the bloke and really want him to do well but he’s consistently a liability. Imo he’s not good enough in the air, he’s too slow on the turn, he’s poor in possession. It sounds harsh, I just don’t see any strengths to his game

By all means have a go if you feel the need but he has done very well recently. Why not praise in equal measure?

13 minutes ago, nottingram said:

God this Sky narrative that Forest played well is boring isn’t it

Knocakert does a few pointless step overs and they’re acting like we’re seeing the second coming of Maradona. 

Loved it when there was no one around him and he did that no look pass, really fooled the defender that did oh wait...... 

Thought the two halves were the same but in reverse. We controlled the game for the first half an hour and had a couple of chances. Florist created nothing and looked like they had come for a 0-0. Out of the blue they get an awful goal from our point of view and it changes the game. For the first half an hour of the second half they look comfortable and the better side and we create very little. Then out of the blue we get the goal and we could easily have won it in the end. We didn’t play well, they shaded it but another point on the board.

4 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

I cant believe how poor you were. I was honestly worried before the game

But WOW

Aren't you poor with the ball. 

Sideways

sigh. . . Ok I’ll bite, were that bad but you still couldn’t beat us so it doesn’t say a lot about your shower does it?

Cafu and Ribeiro flailing around like morons every time someone touched them

pathetic

Marshall- dreadful goal to let in 

bryne - not his best 

wisdom - to much time on the ball and some poor stuff defensively 

clarke - very decent 

Buchanan nowhere near his best 

Bird - obviously not first choice due to Belick injury but he needs to be more progressive 

shinnie - did ok 

knight - kept going after a dreadful miss 

waghorn - not in the game but wasn’t on his own 

jozwiak- similar to Waghorn 

Richards - excellent goal and a different threat with a partner 

subs Roos - initial poor start but a brave follow up but had little to actually do

sibley - he runs at teams 

Gregory - without him Richards doesn’t get his chance and should have had that chance on target 

- game wise - not great the red dogs are not a good side, defensively minded but still vulnerable when the ball is played wide 

we missed a sitter but I don’t think it was a penalty or a Richards handball when it hits your elbow which it did for the penalty as well 

keeping things in perspective we are missing our best defender and best midfielder whilst blooding youngsters but there is work to be done in the summer 

10 minutes ago, andyburton72 said:

Great point, I was saying this all first half. He seemed to do it deliberately, he just needed to move into space, one of two steps - but countless times he stood behind people. There was no movement ahead of the back 4.

Thought Bird was the best of the midfield 3 today. At least tried to thread through, and did on occasions. Could and should have done more, but he was the one who tried to play through. 

Overall, poor game. Not sure we were as good as some made out in the first 30. Better team, but first half was poor in general. Very little creativity, 2 centre halves both jittery on the ball. Buchanen has had a tough week with Sarr and  Knockeart. Poor goal to concede, unusual for us. Shinnie not on it intensity wise today, looked tired. Waghorn and Jozwiak - poor, Kamil especially so - probably not his type of game. Having said that, we had the better chances. Draw a fair result. King Kazim - what a signing!!

Good week - moving onwards and upwards so I’d take the point. 

1 minute ago, eezzeetiger said:

I cant believe how poor you were. I was honestly worried before the game

But WOW

Aren't you poor with the ball. 

Sideways

Aye , so poor you didn’t get the win. We play shitly and you still can’t put the game to bed. What does that say about your team ?

Archived