Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

For how bad we were, and I know it was very bad we should of won the game. 

We played well for 40 mins and they controlled the rest without worrying our keeper too much.

we had all the best chances.......

1. Jozwiaks shot which could be called handball

2. The Knight chance where he missed an empty net

3. The Gregory Chance at the end

All these chances created without playing well - CKR rescues us a point with a great goal and there only goal was a mistake from our usually reliable GK. I’m just saying that although we didn’t play well on another night we could of won 2-0 maybe 3-1?

not going to go into the negatives as there’s no point really we salvaged something. Onto Cardiff where I would like to see Edmunson come in to the back 4. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I really don't understand people calling this an ''undeserved'' point. We had the better chances and we gifted them a goal. They had more possession which they did nothing with. If anything, we should have won that game.

We had the better chances and had Knighty scored it would have been a totally different game! Up to them scoring there was nothing in it. We still created good chances and they hardly troubled Roos did they. No way was it undeserved, we stayed in the game and could even have won it; which would have been undeserved. 

Draw was fair enough to me.

19 minutes ago, Archied said:

Cant knock the fact wizzy has some good bits in games ??‍♂️,, but he really does have at least a minimum one bad mistake per half , think he’s got lucky not to have a lot of those punished lately , I like the bloke but I don’t see the player some rave about

Keep looking Archie... He's there! 

53 minutes ago, Ramley Apple said:

Crap first half. Fumble from the keeper gifts them a goal.

Second half they massively stepped it up and were the better side by far. Just grateful to CKR for rescuing us a point.

Thing is they were 0-1 up. Hughton would’ve taken a draw, so personally I think he would’ve told them second half to be a bit more offensive and if that didn’t work and we equalised then go back to park the bus!! And secure the draw

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Definitely a point gained tonight as we were below par on the whole tonight.

First half we had much of the ball but would disagree with Rooney's assessment of the first 30 mins as 'excellent'. Forest like to sit back as pick teams off & so it stood to reason we'd have a lot of possession. Unfortunately we played right into their hands by moving it slowly & sideways - lost count of the amount of times a reasonably straightforward forward pass was turned down just to roll it backwards. 

On the rare occasion we did play through the lines, we looked OK. We broke on them once with Knight messing up a routine ball to Byrne (with 3 players waiting in the box) & of course Knight missed an absolute sitter later on from 6 yards. We then concede a really soft goal - not just Marshall's fault but Byrne (not closing down Garner) & Buchanan (beaten in the air) also culpable. Absolute gift against a counter attacking side like Forest.

Second half we looked a mixture of ponderous on the ball & chaotic in defence - Forest really should have scored a second & cut down our flanks time & time again. Knockaert was in the mood & Buchanan had another torrid Friday night on the telly. We did look better in fairness once Sibley & Gregory came on - Kazim had very little assistance until they turned up & started bringing some energy to the attacking effort. 

Absolute peach from Kazim of course & credit to him for keeping going with minimal service. The only other 2 chances he had, one was an excellent attempt from wide & a later chance was deflected over (whilst on target).

We'd have lost that game earlier this season & it also stops the sequence of losing when we go behind (14 straight games before tonight) so positives to be taken. We're also a point closer to safety. A tough night at the office but good teams get results when playing poorly - dust ourselves off & go again. COYR

Think you forgot about the Gregory miss late on...

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

Thank you so much Kazim, could not have taken those lot down the road beating us, love your attitude, and can not wait to see u live next season in a full pride park stadium cheering u and the boys on to victory. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Can you imagine Kaz hitting that in a packed Pride Park........?

It’s quite funny really. It was a really poor game to watch, but it could have ended up 3-3 on another day.

I think a draw was a fair result. Both teams had a little luck on their side. I think with VAR our equaliser would have been ruled out but I also suspect we’d have got a penalty in the first half too.

Both teams also spurned some very generous chances. Gregory should have won the game at the very end, for example. He is never going to get a better chance to make himself a hero at a new club.

I think tonight underlined once again how desperate we are for some quality in midfield and out wide. But that has been evident for a long while now.

Now we are coming to the most testing period of Rooney’s time in charge so far. Performances will have to be better or we’ll get punished. 

March and April will be a very tough run and if we don’t step things up, things could get messy. We can’t keep getting away with playing badly and snatching a result.

13 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Thing is they were 0-1 up. Hughton would’ve taken a draw, so personally I think he would’ve told them second half to be a bit more offensive and if that didn’t work and we equalised then go back to park the bus!! And secure the draw

Probably not far off the mark there. Forest looked for all the world like they were going to extend their lead but for whatever reason it didn't happen and then we sucker punched them with the equaliser. Which might have been handball, but then so was their LB sliding in to deny us earlier on.

Once that happened both sides were always going to play out the draw.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

It’s quite funny really. It was a really poor game to watch, but it could have ended up 3-3 on another day.

I think a draw was a fair result. Both teams had a little luck on their side. I think with VAR our equaliser would have been ruled out but I also suspect we’d have got a penalty in the first half too.

Both teams also spurned some very generous chances. Gregory should have won the game at the very end, for example. He is never going to get a better chance to make himself a hero at a new club.

I think tonight underlined once again how desperate we are for some quality in midfield and out wide. But that has been evident for a long while now.

Now we are coming to the most testing period of Rooney’s time in charge so far. Performances will have to be better or we’ll get punished. 

March and April will be a very tough run and if we don’t step things up, things could get messy. We can’t keep getting away with playing badly and snatching a result.

Wycombe game aside, when else have we played badly and snatched a result?

Watched the game late ‘as live’ as I had a drink or two in the garden with my neighbour. Didn’t see the Kaz goal coming, but that was some strike.

Wasnt going to post, until I saw a few posters having a go at Bird. He was the only midfielder in our team with any composure. 20 years old everyone remember, he provided essential protection and control making up for some manic running around and miss passing by both Shinnie and Knight, and he really didn’t have any great wide supply outlet with Waghorn and Jozwiak. Bird, Kaz and Clarke would be the only ones starting tonight who should be thinking they are guaranteed a start in the next game. Jozwiak is looking less and less like a player the longer the season goes on. Hopefully Roberts starts the next game in his place. 

Well for Derby showed plenty of fight and passion our only down side first half even through we kepted the ball well we were a bit nagtive I dont know if it was fear being booked or sent off. But send half roony went for the win he threw on lee Gregory and caused forest all sorts of problems. And selby should have shot himself but tries set Richard's up but pull to wide for Richard's to get a shot off.

But when we did get to him when final got that shot off. There was not stopping that and looks like 25 year old striker.

I didn't see the game as had the pleasure of working tonight.

One of my friends whose a Forest season ticket holder but actually is a Mag fan but only goes there with his son who does support Forest texted me at half ten tonight with two words "Lucky Derby".

He's pretty balanced when it comes to opinions so am taking this as a fair summary of the game?

Archived