Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

Just now, BathRam72 said:

But wouldn't you think he would try to instill that mentality.  It doesn't have to go in every time but anything can happen from a rebound.  Knight and Jozwiak had golden opportunities to have a go and passed as if scared of what might happen

Yeah you might have a point there. I remember Lampard always used to tell them to shoot when you get the chance, you never know what can happen, if its deflected in or rebounds to our player etc. You make your own luck i recall him saying many times.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Started OK until the goal, but old too slow habits were there.

Then completely lost confidence as forest gained theirs.

CKR brilliant goal.

More even towards the end.

Overall poor, some shockingly bad passing, dissapointing lack of urgency. Basically once we conceeded they all looked scared. But not Colin Kazim-Richards.

Glad we got a point but for a very large part of that we just weren't showing up at all.

Exactly how I saw it. Started ok but pretty steady with little actual drive. Lost our heads after conceding a soft goal and 2nd half was awful.

Passing across the back, no energy, woeful in possession and creating nothing. Cocu-ball to the max. 

CKR scored a cracker when we never looked like scoring. That midfield 3 is just way too safe and slow if the full backs aren't getting forward. They were really deep, meant the threat had to come from Waggers and Jozwiak, so obviously we looked impotent. Worrying lack of intensity but take the point. 

It was such a weird game, there were lots of chances for both sides but they all came in small periods, but for long periods Forest really had us under the cosh without creating much that was really clear cut. First 30 we were on top but not quite as good as Forest were in the first 30 of the second half. Defensively we look really tired. Our whole back four needs a break but that isn’t coming any time soon. Not our best performance especially defensively, but I’ll take a draw. Both goals came against the run of play, shows just how this league is. 

3 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

He's not enough of a goal threat to play higher up the pitch

Doesn't necessarily have to be a goal threat as long as he is creating chances for others. 

And how do you know he wouldn't be a goal threat, hard to tell when he's always told to play the defensive role. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

They scored a goal out of our keeper making a howler. We missed 2 sitters. Easy to spin the other way too.

Yeah there’s no doubt that their goal was dreadful and completely against the run of play at the time. But to be honest from their goal onwards I thought we were absolutely awful 

We were too safe, negative and sloppy tonight. Great strike from Kazim. Should've had a penalty, Cafu could've been sent off, numerous yellow cards should've been given (for both sides), Lyle Taylor is a player you'd want to snap in half if you played against him, how times did he swing his arms into one out players faces?

A word for Sibley, I've said that his decision making, with and without the ball, needed to improve if he is to establish himself in the first team and he was superb with it tonight. He passed when he should've, he tracked back, helped Buchanan out more than what Jozwiak did, made a vital block a few yards out, and got the flick on in the build up to the goal. 

Archived