Rams v Red Dogs (Notts Forest) Match day Thread.

Boycie

8 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Watched the game late ‘as live’ as I had a drink or two in the garden with my neighbour. Didn’t see the Kaz goal coming, but that was some strike.

Wasnt going to post, until I saw a few posters having a go at Bird. He was the only midfielder in our team with any composure. 20 years old everyone remember, he provided essential protection and control making up for some manic running around and miss passing by both Shinnie and Knight, and he really didn’t have any great wide supply outlet with Waghorn and Jozwiak. Bird, Kaz and Clarke would be the only ones starting tonight who should be thinking they are guaranteed a start in the next game. Jozwiak is looking less and less like a player the longer the season goes on. Hopefully Roberts starts the next game in his place. 

Agree with that mate. Bird looks a good player, maybe he's one of those that Rooney refers to as needing to believe a bit more.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I didn't see the game as had the pleasure of working tonight.

One of my friends whose a Forest season ticket holder but actually is a Mag fan but only goes there with his son who does support Forest texted me at half ten tonight with two words "Lucky Derby".

He's pretty balanced when it comes to opinions so am taking this as a fair summary of the game?

We missed two sitters, they played a bit better without creating any chances.

24 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Wycombe game aside, when else have we played badly and snatched a result?

Off the top of my head, this could be argued about tonight’s game, Wycombe away, QPR away and Millwall away. But it’s subjective I guess.

All I am saying is that the level of performance we saw tonight will see us being found out before long. It was far from fluent in an attacking sense and there were numerous defensive lapses that would have been costly on another night.

The endless passing around at the back almost gifted Forest a free run at goal. They also had three headed chances that they should have done better with. I am sure there are one or two I am missing too.

I just hope that Rooney gets the backing he needs because for our play to evolve, we probably need at least 4 new players. More if we are being absolutely ruthless.

13 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Watched the game late ‘as live’ as I had a drink or two in the garden with my neighbour. Didn’t see the Kaz goal coming, but that was some strike.

Wasnt going to post, until I saw a few posters having a go at Bird. He was the only midfielder in our team with any composure. 20 years old everyone remember, he provided essential protection and control making up for some manic running around and miss passing by both Shinnie and Knight, and he really didn’t have any great wide supply outlet with Waghorn and Jozwiak. Bird, Kaz and Clarke would be the only ones starting tonight who should be thinking they are guaranteed a start in the next game. Jozwiak is looking less and less like a player the longer the season goes on. Hopefully Roberts starts the next game in his place. 

Completely agree. I thought Bird had a good game. Fans are down on him having seen him play a lot alongside Rooney, which just didn't work as a midfield pairing - not enough tackling, too much neat passing - but he's a good player in that deep-lying playmaker role. Recycles possession well and his ball progression looked good at times tonight, e.g. when he set up Buchanan for a good chance in the first half.

Also agree that Jozwiak looks like he's lost it. He needs a game in the U23s or something, to regain a bit of confidence. At the start of the season he looked great on the ball but was a bit unlucky. Now, the quality of his overall play is very poor as well as his end product. Roberts looks like a tidy player with a bit of quality and is much more deserving of a spot in the starting XI.

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

One of my friends whose a Forest season ticket holder but actually is a Mag fan but only goes there with his son who does support Forest texted me at half ten tonight with two words "Lucky Derby".

He's pretty balanced when it comes to opinions so am taking this as a fair summary of the game?

I put lucky forest

And a jammy goal a fluke.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Did you scream for handball when their defender blocked it with his arm? Swings and roundabouts. 

Due to the stupid rules about shopping, I dropped the missus off at Sainsburys and went for a walk on my own. Walked past the Ossie Park (carpet shop ffs ?), walked down Elton Road past Rolls Royce, smiled at the street art on the wall by the shops, the Ram and Brian Clough image looks grand. Went for a stroll over the railway bridge and was transported back into the late 70's.

Great memories.

10 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Completely agree. I thought Bird had a good game. Fans are down on him having seen him play a lot alongside Rooney, which just didn't work as a midfield pairing - not enough tackling, too much neat passing - but he's a good player in that deep-lying playmaker role. Recycles possession well and his ball progression looked good at times tonight, e.g. when he set up Buchanan for a good chance in the first half.

Also agree that Jozwiak looks like he's lost it. He needs a game in the U23s or something, to regain a bit of confidence. At the start of the season he looked great on the ball but was a bit unlucky. Now, the quality of his overall play is very poor as well as his end product. Roberts looks like a tidy player with a bit of quality and is much more deserving of a spot in the starting XI.

Joswick I think more of a case they know what danger he holds. I dont just mean forest but other teams too. What he does well is beating a play and down the flanks were he struggles for me is when he comes to try hold the ball using his strength but I think he be better give and go situation.

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No. We out played them for 30 mins as they parked the bus. They scored a soft goal with a couple of defensive mistakes, none worse than was Marshall’s attempted save.  So bad he subbed himself off.

Second half they came at us, 0-1 up and hughton would’ve been pleased with a draw so if we equalised while they moved the bus, they would’ve parked the bus again for the draw. At 1/1 we had chances that you would’ve expected to score from .  They didn’t.

Thats my take anyways.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Joswick I think more of a case they know what danger he holds. I dont just mean forest but other teams too. What he does well is beating a play and down the flanks were he struggles for me is when he comes to try hold the ball using his strength but I think he be better give and go situation.

I agree that teams do fear him because of his pace, but that'll only last so long if he doesn't start scoring and assisting more for us

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Overall, that was a poor performance, and a poor watch... and a mixed bag of emotions!

Yes, we looked comfortable for the first half hour.  Yes, their goal was crap.  Yes they absolutely played the second half to perfection... right up to the point where King Colin saved our bacon... and then we had more than enough chances to absolutely steal it!  Talk about a topsy turvy game... but at no point was it a classic.

End result appears to be what 90% of each set of fans predicted, so nothing to write home about.

My overwhelming reaction is one of relief.  I suspect the dogs will be far more disappointed than us, not to have won that... and yet we had the chances!  

...And CKR earns yet another point towards eternal legendary status!

This^

8 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

I agree that teams do fear him because of his pace, but that'll only last so long if he doesn't start scoring and assisting more for us

But something roony could try teach him something new to work on. But I think when a play comes near he could need a midfielder if Is knight or bird to say Josh over here mate and then slide a through ball into the box or setting up a attack with Richard's or lee Gregory up. Turn into 3 forwards.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

You're usually an alright poster, why are you wumming today? 

Hes's  pissed off....

They were there for the taking before their lucky goal,then had a spell of confidence then lost all of ours and were knocked to the floor by the superbly taken equaliser after which we started to believe in  ourselves briefly.

Archived