The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

On 07/02/2023 at 00:22, Crewton said:

End of lockdown > "Eat out to help out" > back to school > infections increase > people got casual about mixing again > antimasker belligerence > pre-vaccine roll-out > R rate got out of hand again > Boris "save Christmas!" ? 

The start of mask wearing and lockdown is what stopped the peak occurring in May/June. 

The lockdown did, Ive seen nothing to suggest the start of mask wearing did and, as previously stated, the fact that the peak occured when mask wearing was prevalent, would possibly indicate that it did not have that great an effect.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Seriously?  

The more we learn, the more questions we have.  

Problem is Hancock is and will be used as the blame all scapegoat when in fact he is just one amongst many who perpetuated a mass crime on the people of this country and that includes many who died from covid perhaps needlessly 

Edited by Archied

during severe Covid testing backlogs in September 2020, the messages show Hancock personally arranging for a testing kit to be couriered to Jacob Rees-Mogg for one of his children, then sent straight to the lab for processing

I, for one, am shocked. SHOCKED I tell you - by this revelation that our leaders abide by a different set of rules to us mere mortals

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

I, for one, am shocked. SHOCKED I tell you - by this revelation that our leaders abide by a different set of rules to us mere mortals

He says it was because they had done one test and the lab had lost it and he was having to isolate ( extended by loss ) and as a gov minister needed to be at work ??‍♂️,

the whole thing start to finish was a circus,,, ok in the very beginning I’m happy to cut a bit of slack but it became apparent very very quickly that we had a massive over reaction that was going to be very damaging fuelled in equal measure by stupidity, greed and power drunk government and media, I really hate this hindsight guff as well because there were plenty who were pointing this stuff out but we’re , silenced , ridiculed , accused of all sorts , jeez even highly qualified people recieved death threats for speaking out ( guptra )

Edited by Archied

As a Son who lost his Mother to Covid almost 3 years ago in a Derby City Council run care home, Who's Brother went ballistic at those that run Sherwood care home in Normanton for letting all and sundry to visit those that were there without any testing what so ever shows the contempt of those that run our Country only to seek financial reward elsewhere is just another nail in Politicians coffins, Hancock and others will get what's coming one day...and I hope it hurts.

I have Mums death certificate as proof of death by Covid.

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I really can't stand Rees-Mogg but it's hardly breaking news that the cabinet (and opposition leaders) would be treated differently in a time of national crisis. Isn't that what things like the nuclear bunkers are for?

Presumably some would be outraged to hear that Boris (who I also can't stand, BTW) probably didn't have to wait on an A&E trolley for 6 hours like a mere mortal, when he went into hospital with Covid.

53 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

As a Son who lost his Mother to Covid almost 3 years ago in a Derby City Council run care home, Who's Brother went ballistic at those that run Sherwood care home in Normanton for letting all and sundry to visit those that were there without any testing what so ever shows the contempt of those that run our Country only to seek financial reward elsewhere is just another nail in Politicians coffins, Hancock and others will get what's coming one day...and I hope it hurts.

I have Mums death certificate as proof of death by Covid.

Yep ,, following the science my backside , so so much of what was done was bugger all to do with protecting people from covid and it was as plain as the nose on your face by the stupid measures they imposed on the whole population , there were so many people ( myself included ) who were not denying covid was real and a threat to the elderly, vunerable and a very few who for some reason got very I’ll or lost they’re lives when the vast vast majority had bad flu symptoms at worst who were labelled tin hit wearing conspiracy theorist s , uncaring killers ect ect ect ,from the government, the media and then ordinary people who we’re petrified into believing this bombardment , the division caused ( perhaps intentionally) was so damaging and will remain for years , personally we have friends that we no longer have friendships with and probably never will because we have lost respect for some people’s attitude and behaviour through it , im sure they feel the same in reverse ,, very sad result that I’m sure is replicated throughout this country ,

jeez there’s people still walking round with bits of paper or cloth over they’re faces demanding others do the same

Edited by Archied

40 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep ,, following the science my backside , so so much of what was done was bugger all to do with protecting people from covid and it was as plain as the nose on your face by the stupid measures they imposed on the whole population , there were so many people ( myself included ) who were not denying covid was real and a threat to the elderly, vunerable and a very few who for some reason got very I’ll or lost they’re lives when the vast vast majority had bad flu symptoms at worst who were labelled tin hit wearing conspiracy theorist s , uncaring killers ect ect ect ,from the government, the media and then ordinary people who we’re petrified into believing this bombardment , the division caused ( perhaps intentionally) was so damaging and will remain for years , personally we have friends that we no longer have friendships with and probably never will because we have lost respect for some people’s attitude and behaviour through it , im sure they feel the same in reverse ,, very sad result that I’m sure is replicated throughout this country ,

jeez there’s people still walking round with bits of paper or cloth over they’re faces demanding others do the same

My Brother held a protest outside the Care home on Village street with a banner saying the Managers(not staff)were negligent, The Police were called, My Brother who knows the law concerning protests wouldn't move, The Police told him he could be arrested, Brother said on what grounds...Police said public obstruction, His reply not when I'm walking on a public footpath, Police then left to get a doughnut or 2.

The PPE case with the Tory peer Michelle Mone shows the length and Culpability of Government Ministers will go to to feather their nests.

I've no time and even less sympathy for any Politician in todays world...Right, Left and Centre...Peter Sellers was right...I'm all Right Jack. 

30 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

My Brother held a protest outside the Care home on Village street with a banner saying the Managers(not staff)were negligent, The Police were called, My Brother who knows the law concerning protests wouldn't move, The Police told him he could be arrested, Brother said on what grounds...Police said public obstruction, His reply not when I'm walking on a public footpath, Police then left to get a doughnut or 2.

The PPE case with the Tory peer Michelle Mone shows the length and Culpability of Government Ministers will go to to feather their nests.

I've no time and even less sympathy for any Politician in todays world...Right, Left and Centre...Peter Sellers was right...I'm all Right Jack. 

Really sad story.  The current scum have corrupted things to the extent where "they are all the same" is unfortunately the abiding thought. It can get better hopefully.

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

Seriously?  

The more we learn, the more questions we have.  

Of course not seriously! I was just parroting the Johnson apologists repetitions of "he got the big calls right" as his disasterous leadership collapsed around him. He's still trying to claim he was right about things. Him and his ilk are just liars with no decency or morals. They don't even believe in anything, just trying to get more money.

This whole whatsapp message just shows how rotten the whole eddfice is. Hancock trying to get money by having a book written for him about Covid. The journalist writing the book for him gives all the whatsapp messages to a Tory newspaper to publish. Hancock and Journalist arguing in public. The dying Telegraph gets some relevance for 10 minutes. 

These are the elites who have screwed up the UK. These are the ones to blame. Not the Polish builder or the asylum seeker.

24 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Really sad story.  The current scum have corrupted things to the extent where "they are all the same" is unfortunately the abiding thought. It can get better hopefully.

I'm a pretty laid back fella, Not one for getting upset or wound up, But those in high places ie Government, CEOs of multi Nationals or the House of Lords can boil my pi$$ at times, We the electorate/consumer hang our coats on these people to show respect and honour their positions, Unfortunately £££££££s get in the way.

As for getting better, I'm confident Labour will win the next election, To sort the excrement left by this pile of manure is going to take longer to sort out than getting a Tory MP to apologise 

2 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I really can't stand Rees-Mogg but it's hardly breaking news that the cabinet (and opposition leaders) would be treated differently in a time of national crisis. Isn't that what things like the nuclear bunkers are for?

Presumably some would be outraged to hear that Boris (who I also can't stand, BTW) probably didn't have to wait on an A&E trolley for 6 hours like a mere mortal, when he went into hospital with Covid.

On a positive note, neither did I, about 20 minutes as I recall. I was impressed.

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just read this article. What a world we live in when our opinion formers are like this...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/01/isabel-oakeshott-the-journalist-who-turned-over-matt-hancock

Oakeshott is just another who feeds off of stupidity, She's been interviewed on most if not all TV networks about her thoughts on Covid and lockdowns, The stupidity comes from that toad Hancock who let Oakeshott ghost write his Covid Diaries, She's a viper around his neck and Hancock put her there.

I mean, If you're going to kiss a female other than your wife for pity's sake just look above your head to see if there's camara there, I believe the woman who he kissed has since had her guide dog confiscated 

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just read this article. What a world we live in when our opinion formers are like this...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/mar/01/isabel-oakeshott-the-journalist-who-turned-over-matt-hancock

Anyone who entrusts their secrets to Oakshott has got to be sadly short of nous. So no surprise when it turns out that Hancock did.