The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

7 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Wonder if they will be doing the same to this morning where holly and Phil had a doctor tell the viewers that it was great news that taking the vaccine totally stopped you catching covid 😂😂😂, I think not ,,, 

that said , most of the report confirms gb news does air the opposite view , it seems this one instance it didn’t happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Just in case anyone doesn't read the link and thinks GB News is being harshly dealt with, just for giving a different opinion, this is the garbage they let broadcast unchallenged:

"During the interview, Naomi Wolf made serious claims about the Covid-19 vaccine, including that its rollout amounted to a pre-meditated crime – “mass murder” – and was comparable to the actions of “doctors in pre-Nazi Germany”.

40 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just in case anyone doesn't read the link and thinks GB News is being harshly dealt with, just for giving a different opinion, this is the garbage they let broadcast unchallenged:

"During the interview, Naomi Wolf made serious claims about the Covid-19 vaccine, including that its rollout amounted to a pre-meditated crime – “mass murder” – and was comparable to the actions of “doctors in pre-Nazi Germany”.

Probably where Andrew Brigden got it from.....

I used to pause on GB News from time to time, while flicking round the channels & think it wasn't too bad. The last time I did so, a few weeks ago, I can't even remember the topic but the presenter and two contributors were all feeding off each other in a swivel-eyed frenzied descent into conspiritorial lunacy.

I know the BBC get mocked for their insistance on balance but this was just manic ranting by the end.

Never again.

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I didn’t see the program in question so can’t I can’t judge fairly , I’ve learnt over the years to make sure I’m sure of stuff myself and not just take as read the version given by others ( ALL media included ) , the bridgen case quoted illustrates this perfectly, he is written in stone now as an anti semite who compared the vaccine roll out to the holocaust ,,,,,, fact , he retweeted an opinion from a Jewish professor who called the roll out the biggest crime on man SINCE the holocaust 

can anybody actually deny the fact above compared with the fiction? If so I’m happy to listen 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

I didn’t see the program in question so can’t I can’t judge fairly , I’ve learnt over the years to make sure I’m sure of stuff myself and not just take as read the version given by others ( ALL media included ) , the bridgen case quoted illustrates this perfectly, he is written in stone now as an anti semite who compared the vaccine roll out to the holocaust ,,,,,, fact , he retweeted an opinion from a Jewish professor who called the roll out the biggest crime on man SINCE the holocaust 

can anybody actually deny the fact above compared with the fiction? If so I’m happy to listen 

Yes, that was the jist of the tweet that Bridgen retweeted. It was a pretty crass tweet, notwithstanding that the guy who posted it is an Israeli, considering that since the Holocaust we've had The Great Leap Forward, The Cultural Revolution, Pol Pot, Rwanda, the DRC Civil War.... the list goes on....

28 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, that was the jist of the tweet that Bridgen retweeted. It was a pretty crass tweet, notwithstanding that the guy who posted it is an Israeli, considering that since the Holocaust we've had The Great Leap Forward, The Cultural Revolution, Pol Pot, Rwanda, the DRC Civil War.... the list goes on....

I just find it very tiresome that papers and media just lie to sensationalise then people take it as gospel and repeat , you have to dig on any issue to get a proper story on which to form an opinion, it just plays into dividing people and it’s done to paint people as things they are not with the aim of making anything and everything they say worthless and to be ignored 

56 minutes ago, Archied said:

That article on GB News was from Ofcom.

56 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

That article on GB News was from Ofcom.

Yes I know and as I say it was critical of this one programme but didn’t uphold other complaints which they say did provide opposite view and context , now I would be more than happy to criticise if I saw the program because believe it or not I feel I get bugger all of value  from any source that doesn’t give both sides fairly , im not totally anti ofcom but over the last few years I couldn’t treat them with total trust as I’ve seen some stuff that makes me a little uncomfortable with them , as I said earlier, the holly and Phil program where the doctor implicitly states getting jabbed 100% stopped you catching covid and they trumpeted without question was not treated the same way when complaints were made ,,, as always it’s the balance that’s missing  I’ve watched this kind of stuff since the days of scargill and thatcher 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, Archied said:

I just find it very tiresome that papers and media just lie to sensationalise then people take it as gospel and repeat , you have to dig on any issue to get a proper story on which to form an opinion, it just plays into dividing people and it’s done to paint people as things they are not with the aim of making anything and everything they say worthless and to be ignored 

If the vaccine-sceptical want a champion, they should find a better one than an MP who was proven to have lied in Court and who only became a vaccine sceptic since he lost his court case and his home and needed to borrow £25k off a Tory donor to pay his accommodation expenses despite having an £86,000 salary.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

If the vaccine-sceptical want a champion, they should find a better one than an MP who was proven to have lied in Court and who only became a vaccine sceptic since he lost his court case and his home and needed to borrow £25k off a Tory donor to pay his accommodation expenses despite having an £86,000 salary.

You see this is kind of what I’m saying I struggle with , I’ve made a point of looking at brigdens path with his vaccine stuff and personally I think some of his views and statements on the issue are beyond what I believe but he has also tried very hard to raise awareness , help and understanding for those who have died from or been very damaged by the vaccines and they’re families who actually were not anti vax but rather jumped in to have it , feeling it was the right thing to do , they have been and are being treated very unfairly ,this has fallen on deaf ears in Parliament and let’s be honest brigden could quite easily stay quiet and have a very easy comfortable life as an mp , instead he has spoken out and fought for those people at great cost to himself , his career and family , 

I have ribbed a few over the guardian lately and believe it has issues but I won’t dismiss everything about it and everything it ever prints because of it unlike some on here who could never admit it may be in the wrong ,

experience has taught me that if the media goes full on tonto to destroy someone ,the chances are they may have some stuff to say that needs to be heard and looked at and that goes both ways , as I’ve said before , some on here see me as right wing yet on a building site sitting having a cup of tea most see me as a raving leftie ,, quite funny really 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Archied said:

You see this is kind of what I’m saying I struggle with , I’ve made a point of looking at brigdens path with his vaccine stuff and personally I think some of his views and statements on the issue are beyond what I believe but he has also tried very hard to raise awareness , help and understanding for those who have died from or been very damaged by the vaccines and they’re families who actually were not anti vax but rather jumped in to have it , feeling it was the right thing to do , they have been and are being treated very unfairly ,this has fallen on deaf ears in Parliament and let’s be honest brigden could quite easily stay quiet and have a very easy comfortable life as an mp , instead he has spoken out and fought for those people at great cost to himself , his career and family , 

I have ribbed a few over the guardian lately and believe it has issues but I won’t dismiss everything about it and everything it ever prints because of it unlike some on here who could never admit it may be in the wrong ,

experience has taught me that if the media goes full on tonto to destroy someone ,the chances are they may have some stuff to say that needs to be heard and looked at and that goes both ways , as I’ve said before , some on here see me as right wing yet on a building site sitting having a cup of tea most see me as a raving leftie ,, quite funny really 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's already a process by which those who believe they and/or their families have been injured by a vaccine can receive compensation. If Bridgen was merely raising awareness of their issues and/or lobbying for more compensation, a faster process etc that would be entirely laudable. However, he's going allot further than that and is amplifying almost every conspiracy theory going, tapping into a lucrative market of monetised platforms where some of the major proponents are earning 000s, possibly millions, from the traffic generated by true believers. There's a lot of grift involved and I haven't seen much in the way of verified analysis that convincingly dismantles the "establishment" narrative. 

As for what this campaign has cost Bridgen, I think his reputation and finances went down the crapper when he was found to have lied in court and lost his case against the family business. After that, he was likely to be deselected anyway. It seems clear to me that he's landed on this issue as a way of earning a living but, of course, he's playing the martyrdom card and it seems to be working to a degree with those who want him to be right about the issues he's promoting.

Edited by Crewton

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

There's already a process by which those who believe they and/or their families have been injured by a vaccine can receive compensation. If Bridgen was merely raising awareness of their issues and/or lobbying for more compensation, a faster process etc that would be entirely laudable. However, he's going allot further than that and is amplifying almost every conspiracy theory going, tapping into a lucrative market of monetised platforms where some of the major proponents are earning 000s, possibly millions, from the traffic generated by true believers. There's a lot of grift involved and I haven't seen much in the way of verified analysis that convincingly dismantles the "establishment" narrative. 

As for what this campaign has cost Bridgen, I think his reputation and finances went down the crapper when he was found to have lied in court and lost his case against the family business. After that, he was likely to be deselected anyway. It seems clear to me that he's landed on this issue as a way of earning a living but, of course, he's playing the martyrdom card and it seems to be working to a degree with those who want him to be right about the issues he's promoting.

He has done some laudable stuff around this subject and as I already said I don’t agree with ALL he has said and done ,,, the other stuff I don’t find relevant to the issue at hand and time will tell if he is a grifter ,my original point was media need to tell the truth , warts and all , embellishing and attributing untruths to stuff that is easily checkable only fuels lack of trust and so called conspiracy theories ,how the people and families of people who were not antivax and lost they’re lives or were harmed by vaccine is quite heartbreaking, my holding that opinion does not stop me from looking at the vaccine issue with some balance ,

the other bit regards ofcom , I have clearly seen a very uneven approach from them around quite a few issues over the last few years and to have trust and respect for them they need to be seen as non partisan 

Edited by Archied

18 hours ago, Crewton said:

I’ve read them and can’t see  bridgen in there reported as making money from his views on vaccine but as I said earlier, time will tell , worth noting how much money Hancock and boris have made through side hustle s 

as I said , some of the issues bridgen has raised to his cost are laudable in terms of the treatment of vaccine deaths and injury victims , also the issue of vaccine and mass roll out to children , now I don’t believe the vaccines were / are ALL bad but I do believe that there are issues that need to be raised and talked about openly and that is where the treatment of ANYONE who tries to promote this is concerning and gives legs to the kind of people and groups your posted articles report on ,

worth noting to some ( not saying you ) that the first article is in the guardian, I read it and didn’t just say oh it’s In the guardian,im not reading that it must be biased 

Edited by Archied

• 3 weeks later...

Trust the science?  Money and power has infiltrated science long ago.  The human race has been attacked for gain, let that sink in.  Suspect everything and everyone in position of power, for they have surely been compromised.  This is a grave situation, laugh at your peril.  i thought about not posting this, but if it helps one person here to see more clearly how this world is truly run, it is my duty to do so.  In conclusion, do you think this is over?  This went screamingly well, investors are overjoyed, they want more more more, unless we, as a united humanity put a stop to them, for despite what we keep being taught, the real power lies with us and therefor the responsibility.

Perhaps not the most significant video you shall see, i dislike that kind of generalization, but surely 21 minutes of your life worth spending.

12 hours ago, ramit said:

Trust the science?  Money and power has infiltrated science long ago.  The human race has been attacked for gain, let that sink in.  Suspect everything and everyone in position of power, for they have surely been compromised.  This is a grave situation, laugh at your peril.  i thought about not posting this, but if it helps one person here to see more clearly how this world is truly run, it is my duty to do so.  In conclusion, do you think this is over?  This went screamingly well, investors are overjoyed, they want more more more, unless we, as a united humanity put a stop to them, for despite what we keep being taught, the real power lies with us and therefor the responsibility.

Perhaps not the most significant video you shall see, i dislike that kind of generalization, but surely 21 minutes of your life worth spending.

Thanks for that ramit well worth a watch...damn those Rats and Pangolins in a bar in Wuhan 😉 

Why has the Worlds media not picked up on this? are the Media under a blackout?

A World order experiment to see what a Virus can do, Will do and at what cost to humanity and finances.

Pfizer and other pharmas are and have always lined their pockets, Here in the UK, Criminal organisations stole billions of £s through a Government bail out.

PPE cost us equally as many billions and lined corrupt politicians and business with a fortune.

We the humble citizen are told what where when and how to go about our lives, We're not to challenge those in power if we do then expect retribution.

Putin to Biden...how's thing man, Just to let you know we're going into Ukraine next week, OK Vlad thanks for the heads up, There's money to be made here 😁  

8 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Thanks for that ramit well worth a watch...damn those Rats and Pangolins in a bar in Wuhan 😉 

Why has the Worlds media not picked up on this? are the Media under a blackout?

A World order experiment to see what a Virus can do, Will do and at what cost to humanity and finances.

Pfizer and other pharmas are and have always lined their pockets, Here in the UK, Criminal organisations stole billions of £s through a Government bail out.

PPE cost us equally as many billions and lined corrupt politicians and business with a fortune.

We the humble citizen are told what where when and how to go about our lives, We're not to challenge those in power if we do then expect retribution.

Putin to Biden...how's thing man, Just to let you know we're going into Ukraine next week, OK Vlad thanks for the heads up, There's money to be made here 😁  

You forgot to add climate crisis / net zero to the list

32 minutes ago, Archied said:

Your hyacinth bucket and I claim my £5

Middle class neighbourhood, Middleclass lifestyle, Working class/middleclass Ideals depending the flavour of the day and mood I'm in 😉

After an adult life of looking after others, I'm enjoying being me, Nowt special...pretty ordinary really...but a million miles to what It was some 8 years ago when I was married and being a Senior Union Official Baby Thank You GIF