The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

My sister and niece have a business dealing with young children,  they say the isolating has decreased massively in recent weeks.  I suppose the fact its still happening is a positive that its being tracked than a negative. 

On 03/05/2021 at 18:25, angieram said:

But doesn't everybody think they are cleverer than the government? Some of those people are now dead.

What makes you confident it is okay for you to put your own interpretation on the rules but not the next guy? 

It's a genuine question, I know people who have been putting their own interpretation on the rules right through the pandemic. Most have been okay.  Is that down to judgement, or luck? 

For me, I have followed the rules because I just don’t know whether I could be putting someone at risk. I suppose I don't feel that I am cleverer than the government.

As soon as I saw you had a clap reaction to that i thought 'that's gotta be either Boris himself or @cstand???

9 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Looks like "Indian variants" are in the UK. Let's hope they are contained quickly and that the vaccines work against them.

Lets hope so..read this this morning so maybe good news

'PHE scientists think with "moderate confidence" that it spreads at least as quickly as the version of the virus first found in Kent last year - known as B.1.1.7 - which is currently dominant in the UK.

But a source has told the BBC there is no evidence this version of the Indian variant is resistant to current vaccines.'

2 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Lets hope so..read this this morning so maybe good news

'PHE scientists think with "moderate confidence" that it spreads at least as quickly as the version of the virus first found in Kent last year - known as B.1.1.7 - which is currently dominant in the UK.

But a source has told the BBC there is no evidence this version of the Indian variant is resistant to current vaccines.'

Nope, that's not at all likely to panic people. Try again! Yeah I saw some data from Indian sources saying the same thing.

23 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Are they symptomatic cases or just positives with no symptoms. Only asking because that’s all we’re getting at the missus’s school.

Theyve had no symptoms since Easter break.

As far as I know, both cases are symptomatic - otherwise they wouldn't have been tested in the first place.

Whilst it would interesting to know how many of the rest of the class have it but are asymptomatic, we've not been told to do lateral flows on the rest of the kids - which surprises me to be honest, given the fuss about making them so readily available

All they have said is that if you *choose* to a lateral flow and it comes back negative then the kid still has to isolate for the full 10 days

On 06/05/2021 at 21:59, Beetroot said:

As soon as I saw you had a clap reaction to that i thought 'that's gotta be either Boris himself or @cstand???

Absolutely no idea what point you are trying prove can you please elaborate in a coherent manner

16 minutes ago, cstand said:

Absolutely no idea what point you are trying prove can you please elaborate in a coherent manner

Dunno. Can't remember putting that. Don't even know what I was referring to. I'd had a fair few that night. I've had a few now as well. It was probably something right wingy that got me back up. For coherence try and catch me on a midweek lunchtime.

16 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

Dunno. Can't remember putting that. Don't even know what I was referring to. I'd had a fair few that night. I've had a few now as well. It was probably something right wingy that got me back up. For coherence try and catch me on a midweek lunchtime.

Not just me that has fair few now and then fair enough what was you drinking quality stuff I hope beer thread on this forum is superb 

2 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Good news on deaths and I don't think the cases are showing a rise yet, weekly daily average is marginally lower than a week ago. 

Unfortunately not the case but very low rise from low base. 

Think we can say that the response to opening up from the government in a slow manner has been pretty good so far and it's driven case rates and deaths pretty low. 

Vaccines have been good up til now but theyve not been able to expand the supply enough to keep working through to the 30s and 20s where there's a lot more potential to spread and carry the virus. In places like America, Canada and Germany they've not been as quick to take up the vaccines but it seems like almost anyone can get one regardless of age at this point. 

Some rumours that from next week the under 40s will begin getting vaccinated and that there should be enough of the Pfizer and Moderna to do it (as the AZ vaccine is not given to the under 40s) pretty quickly. 

Fingers crossed that the Indian variant can be held at bay with the vaccine and we should be relatively home and dry.... 

1 minute ago, alexxxxx said:

Think we can say that the response to opening up from the government in a slow manner has been pretty good so far and it's driven case rates and deaths pretty low. 

Vaccines have been good up til now but theyve not been able to expand the supply enough to keep working through to the 30s and 20s where there's a lot more potential to spread and carry the virus. In places like America, Canada and Germany they've not been as quick to take up the vaccines but it seems like almost anyone can get one regardless of age at this point. 

Some rumours that from next week the under 40s will begin getting vaccinated and that there should be enough of the Pfizer and Moderna to do it (as the AZ vaccine is not given to the under 40s) pretty quickly. 

Fingers crossed that the Indian variant can be held at bay with the vaccine and we should be relatively home and dry.... 

As we open hospitality, it would be good to see the workers in such establishments getting the jab.

I'd pretty much prioritise them now, they'll be the ones on the new frontline.

On 10/05/2021 at 19:37, alexxxxx said:

Ive just turned 30 and i've just had the text to book my jab in with the pfizer vaccine. Don't know why they've skipped down to my age group since plenty of people i know in mid to late 30s who havent had one yet, but i suppose rollout is different in each area.

BREAKING NEWS:

Dangerous new Covid variant found 15 miles from Derby...

A worrying new Covid-19 variant has been identified just 15 miles from Derby, Public Health England has confirmed.

The coronavirus variant known as VOC-21APR-02 and linked to outbreaks in India has been identified in Nottingham and described as a 'variant of concern', being more transmissible and likely to spread more quickly.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/dangerous-new-covid-variant-found-5404586#source=breaking-news

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Dangerous new Covid variant found 15 miles from Derby...

A worrying new Covid-19 variant has been identified just 15 miles from Derby, Public Health England has confirmed.

The coronavirus variant known as VOC-21APR-02 and linked to outbreaks in India has been identified in Nottingham and described as a 'variant of concern', being more transmissible and likely to spread more quickly.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/dangerous-new-covid-variant-found-5404586#source=breaking-news

Build a wall - keep the buggers in Notts.....

7 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Build a wall - keep the buggers in Notts.....

Build the wall, build the wall.

Actually, I'm organising funds to build a wall to keep people from Nottingham out of Derby. Please send me loads of money, because I also have my eye on a nice luxury yacht.

Oh, and we need to drain the swamp of these elite scum.