The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

6 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I don't agree with forced vaccinations, but I think people should have the strength of their convictions if they won't have the vaccine....

Unfortunately you sound like one of the many that won't take the vaccine, safe in the knowledge that the NHS will look after you should you catch the virus....there's a word for that, but I'm sure you already know that....

Ok ,, so if a parent gives permission for they’re child to be vaccinated and there are bad side effects like blood clots or heart problem s ( yes they do happen ) are you ok for them to have the courage of they’re convictions and not expect said child to be given treatment? 
what the hell is happening to us as people ???

Edited by Archied

5 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

These numbers are staggering. I’m sure @Gaspodewill be now advocating banning these people from the NHS. Unless he’s an overweight, chain smoking alcoholic of course.

Or he could be a health freak and play lots of sports with related injuries in need of treatment? 
non of us is perfect and yes there’s always been a bit of my own poo don’t smell in people but we really are beginning to lose our decency and humanity ??‍♂️

Do people not see that from the start of this we have constantly fallen into the trap of and been steered towards demonising one group of people after another vaccinated and unvaccinated alike are catching and spreading this virus , when the unvaccinated have been locked down and it’s still spreading amongst people , who and what’s next ?
please can people just stop for a minute and realise we are all just humans trying to negotiate the best path we feel is right for ourselves and our families,,, if we don’t , where the hell is this all going to end??‍♂️

I can’t believe folk actually think the way Austria has gone is the right think to do. For the record Im fully vaccinated but don’t give a poo if someone isn’t, that’s their personal choice and their risk. In fact I can’t believe we are still debating on measures for a virus with a 0.096% death rate ( and that’s if you believe the BS way of measuring Covid deaths). I think rather than segregate society on the vaccinated/unvaccinated principle we should segregate on those who want to live in their Covid paranoid hermit kingdoms and those who just want to get on with their lives. The former can all move to Austria. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

I can’t believe folk actually think the way Austria has gone is the right think to do. For the record Im fully vaccinated but don’t give a poo if someone isn’t, that’s their personal choice and their risk. In fact I can’t believe we are still debating on measures for a virus with a 0.096% death rate ( and that’s if you believe the BS way of measuring Covid deaths). I think rather than segregate society on the vaccinated/unvaccinated principle we should segregate on those who want to live in their Covid paranoid hermit kingdoms and those who just want to get on with their lives. The former can all move to Austria. 

I don't believe that percentage is correct, don't know how you've arrived at it. But for the record I don't agree with forcing anyone to take a vaccine. It's sad that bad science is forcing out good. 

I don't think it is the death rate as such that is leading the change in governments' thinking across Europe, rather it's the amount of strain it is placing on health services, particularly hospital care. 

In a way, the UK was lucky to be ahead of the game on vaccines because a higher percentage of Brits were vaccinated early, so we have been more able to cope with those who are getting ill enough to need hospital care.

Although while all those people who need it are being treated for covid, lots of other people aren't getting care they desperately need.

For that reason, I will continue to get my boosters when offered, keep me from getting too ill and putting more strain on the system. 

57 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't think it is the death rate as such that is leading the change in governments' thinking across Europe, rather it's the amount of strain it is placing on health services, particularly hospital care. 

In a way, the UK was lucky to be ahead of the game on vaccines because a higher percentage of Brits were vaccinated early, so we have been more able to cope with those who are getting ill enough to need hospital care.

Although while all those people who need it are being treated for covid, lots of other people aren't getting care they desperately need.

For that reason, I will continue to get my boosters when offered, keep me from getting too ill and putting more strain on the system. 

Me and my wife are also now having the flu jab as well not because we think we need it we do want to get that ill that we will put a strain on the NHS.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I would be interested to know how much is in terms of money ,time and resources being blown on vaccinating those that don’t need vaccinating as they are posed little to no risk from covid and how much better off we would be if that was used to bolster the nhs in areas really in need ??‍♂️, Sweden no longer test randomly without symptoms, how much are we spending on testing the healthy that could be directed to better use in the nhs??‍♂️, vaccine passports will be the next black hole madness , how much has been spent so far and will need to be spent to create and run a system of vaccine passports when everyone including the manufacturer s of vaccine and government accept/ state that the vaccinated still catch and spread covid , that money time and resource could be spent on the NHS ,

surely more and more people must be beginning to question the thinking and direction ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, Archied said:

I would be interested to know how much is in terms of money ,time and resources being blown on vaccinating those that don’t need vaccinating as they are posed little to no risk from covid and how much better off we would be if that was used to bolster the nhs in areas really in need ??‍♂️, Sweden no longer test randomly without symptoms, how much are we spending on testing the healthy that could be directed to better use in the nhs??‍♂️, vaccine passports will be the next black hole madness , how much has been spent so far and will need to be spent to create and run a system of vaccine passports when everyone including the manufacturer s of vaccine and government accept/ state that the vaccinated still catch and spread covid , that money time and resource could be spent on the NHS ,

surely more and more people must be beginning to question the thinking and direction ??‍♂️

We've already spent the money on testing, now it's about the government showing that money was well spent, and all the tests are being used.

Even if it wasn't.

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m not saying I’m immortal but I’ve never had the flu, not had COVID either. None of my family have either. Is the worst to come?

I had swine flu 12 years ago. I had no previous experience of suffering any respiratory illness apart from the odd cold.

It was the time that I found out that there really was a machine that goes 'pinggg' - because I was hooked up to one in the ambulance. It (swine flu) screwed up my lungs, I've had 5 blood clots since, am now on anticoagulants for life, and am classified as 'extremely vulnerable'.

8 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I’m not saying I’m immortal but I’ve never had the flu, not had COVID either. None of my family have either. Is the worst to come?

Rhetorical question, you/we are not immortal. The choices we make, we've got to live with it. I caught up with someone i hadnt seen for ages when i was having my booster jab. He was telling me about his sister who worked on Covid ward at Royal Derby, he simply said this time round, all the people in there were refuseniks.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

I had swine flu 12 years ago. I had no previous experience of suffering any respiratory illness apart from the odd cold.

It was the time that I found out that there really was a machine that goes 'pinggg' - because I was hooked up to one in the ambulance. It (swine flu) screwed up my lungs, I've had 5 blood clots since, am now on anticoagulants for life, and am classified as 'extremely vulnerable'.

Did you get prescribed oinkment?

37 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Interesting article here written by a respiratory doctor on Covid vaccines...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my-patience-with-them-is-wearing-thin

2 things I found very interesting from the article:-

Furthermore, we have recently rolled out a new medication for patients without antibodies against Covid. It costs about £2,000 a treatment and is subject to a rigorous and time-consuming approval process for every case we treat.

Sounds very much like a sales pitch.

Yes, vaccinations are unpleasant. They cause side-effects. They hurt. You may even still catch Covid afterwards. I have many colleagues who have felt awful after vaccination and a few who had to take a day or two off work. However, I have not heard of any who have been hospitalised with Covid afterwards or who have had severe side-effects

Rather than using anecdotal evidence, should a medical professional not be using actual data?