The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

No it is not semantics! Again you don't get it. How can you say it has had some 'success' if you cannot prove that 'success' was down to the drug and not to other things.

That is the whole point of trials. After the trial then we should know whether the drug has a positive effect or not. 

The point is why should a drugs company be able to sell a drug with the claim it is successful in treating covid when it is not proven?

At the moment it is Snake oil.

It is semantics though and I do get it ?

From the link I provided;

https://trialsitenews.com/mexico-city-wide-innovative-population-level-study-administers-ivermectin-based-home-kits-with-drastic-reduction-in-hospitalizations/

'Using a quasi-experimental research design involving a Coarsened Exact Matching method leveraging hospital and phone call monitoring data, the study team estimated logistic-regression models with a range of observational data and found a significant reduction in hospitalizations among the cohort receiving ivermectin-based medical kit. In fact, the range of positive effect totaled 52% to 76% depending on model specification.'

Surely that counts as some success?  And thats just from the one link I provided.  You can question the merits of the study, I'm not going to argue with you about that - which is exactly why I also said;

'Ivermectin has has some success elsewhere in the world but have never really been studied properly - fortunately, it now is being so we'll have some more definitive results in the near future.'  - in reference to the Oxford Study.

Just now, Andrew3000 said:

We will all be wearing nappies over our trousers in the shops now.

You don’t do that already? Selfish swine…….

16 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Ivermectin has has some success elsewhere in the world but have never really been studied properly - fortunately, it now is being so we'll have some more definitive results in the near future.'  - in reference to the Oxford Study.

If I don't have to take it I'll wait for the results.

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

In all seriousness, that is my point I want choices, in what to take to prevent and treat Covid.

Then again in all seriousness I'll wait for the 'Gold standard' trials to be done and consider their results. 

5 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Very wise. It wouldn't be right to be pressured into taking something you weren't comfortable was safe or effective. Oh wait...

And if you're talking about the vaccines, that is very different and if you don't know what safety tests were done and how vaccines work then I suggest you read up.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Then again in all seriousness I'll wait for the 'Gold standard' trials to be done and consider their results. 

And if you're talking about the vaccines, that is very different and if you don't know what safety tests were done and how vaccines work then I suggest you read up.

It is a known fact that the vaccines have not gone through the usual 'gold standard safety checks'and have been allowed to do so as an emergency measure. The short term adverse effects reporting is regarded as high (according to Tess the expert I referred to earlier)compared to other vaccines. The long term data is not in. So we are back to my main concern, double standards being applied t o suit. To suit what agenda I don't know.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If I don't have to take it I'll wait for the results.

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'll pass for the moment thanks. A peer reviewed study will do for me. 

I'm not sure what point you think I've been trying to make with my posts?

All I have stated (with links) is that some countries have had success with Ivermectin and it is undergoing a proper trial here in the UK - which may or may not lead to your peer reviewed study.

I'm not suggesting anyone should take it and I'm not pinning all my hopes on it.  If it work, it works.  If it doesn't, it doesn't.  The only personal comment I made was 'Personally, I hope Ivermectin or or some other readily available, proven drug is found to help in the battle vs covid as it will give those hesitant to take the vaccines alternative medicines'  as the drug is approx 40 years old with a proven track record.

1 hour ago, Andrew3000 said:

It is a known fact that the vaccines have not gone through the usual 'gold standard safety checks' and have been allowed to do so as an emergency measure. The short term adverse effects reporting is regarded as high (according to Tess the expert I referred to earlier)compared to other vaccines. The long term data is not in. So we are back to my main concern, double standards being applied to suit. To suit what agenda I don't know.

Known fact - where is your evidence for the vaccines not going through rigorous testing?

As for long-term testing it os on going

Fact check: It is standard practice for vaccine safety monitoring to continue after approval | Reuters

Vaccines are not a new method of treatment.

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

I'm not sure what point you think I've been trying to make with my posts?

All I have stated (with links) is that some countries have had success with Ivermectin and it is undergoing a proper trial here in the UK - which may or may not lead to your peer reviewed study.

I'm not suggesting anyone should take it and I'm not pinning all my hopes on it.  If it work, it works.  If it doesn't, it doesn't.  The only personal comment I made was 'Personally, I hope Ivermectin or or some other readily available, proven drug is found to help in the battle vs covid as it will give those hesitant to take the vaccines alternative medicines'  as the drug is approx 40 years old with a proven track record.

Same here. I'm just interested in choice and finding answers to things that don't make sense. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Known fact - where is your evidence for the vaccines not going through rigorous testing?

As for long-term testing it os on going

Fact check: It is standard practice for vaccine safety monitoring to continue after approval | Reuters

Vaccines are not a new method of treatment.

The COVID-19 vaccines are mostly using new RNA tech. Long term testing is usually done in trials, not in a global roll-out! I didn't say no safety checks, I said the usual gold standard has been waived. I will check this.

50 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

The COVID-19 vaccines are mostly using new RNA tech.

As @maxjamnow knows the AZ are not the RNA tech and quite a large majority of our shave been those. So you could always chose to have the AZ. Your point isn't valid for this vaccine and you've still not actually backed up your assertion with facts ?