The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

On 21/12/2021 at 17:30, Archied said:

Not religious but lots are , also we are a quite hard working population in the U.K. and Christmas is a time people really look forward to relaxing and spending time with the people they love , that’s not to say I don’t think lock up at any time is very bad for people but Christmas is a big thing for many reasons

For me and my family, Christmas is about celebrating a Christian festival. We go to church, enjoy carols, whilst also appreciating the pagan associations of warmth and feasting in the middle of winter. It's a time for reflection, relaxation and a time to enjoy the company of friends and family. Our family will take a test before meeting up on Christmas Day and I will take a test before meeting up with two friends tomorrow (outdoors) to exchange cards and presents. Masks in place where we think they are needed.

We will be fine this Christmas but I feel very sad for those folk who are unable to see close family and for whom Christmas just won't be the same.

23 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Where have all the mask skeptics gone?

Doing the Tesco shop yesterday I saw 100% mask usage.

Just goes to show, give people the right motivation (being able to meet family on Christmas Day) and then everyone thinks masks are a good idea after all.

Human psychology huh? 

Here.

I don't bother going to large supermarkets because I have no desire to cause a scene or make life difficult for the poor sods who are tasked with enforcing the policy, but I know which local shops aren't bothered regarding masks and they're the ones that get my business.

16 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just goes to show, give people the right motivation (being able to meet family on Christmas Day) and then everyone thinks masks are a good idea after all.

Human psychology huh? 

On a related note, walking through Sheffield centre on Sunday night to have an outdoor drink it was remarkably quiet for saying it’s the Christmas build up. Even the ‘back from uni’ crowd weren’t out. Many will point to an overreaction, but I do think it’s that people genuinely want to see their families this time after missing out last year and when push comes to shove they’ve opted out and cancelled plans. Absolutely sucks for hospitality but it was probably inevitable with a rise of cases even without the last minute omicron scare!

Loads of pubs not open (this was around 7pm) which makes me think they are expecting a bit more of a casual time. Even the bar that the owners have a knees up on a sunday wasn’t open.

11 minutes ago, Anon said:

Here.

I don't bother going to large supermarkets because I have no desire to cause a scene or make life difficult for the poor sods who are tasked with enforcing the policy, but I know which local shops aren't bothered regarding masks and they're the ones that get my business.

Last night Asda Sinfin a good few not wearing masks...including some staff, As for the poor sods being tasked...it's not happening, Asda will not marshall or enforce mask wearing, After the last mask wearing enforcement Asda staff were being verbally and in some cases physically attacked.

Is there a social divide here and an educational divide...yes in some quarters imo, It serves both afluent and the less well off areas of this area of Derby.

Aldi in Chellaston...it's a full on mask wearing by all.

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Last night Asda Sinfin a good few not wearing masks...including some staff, As for the poor sods being tasked...it's not happening, Asda will not marshall or enforce mask wearing, After the last mask wearing enforcement Asda staff were being verbally and in some cases physically attacked.

Is there a social divide here and an educational divide...yes in some quarters imo, It serves both afluent and the less well off areas of this area of Derby.

Aldi in Chellaston...it's a full on mask wearing by all.

They all have access to TV and media and ability to put a mask on.  

52 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Human psychology huh? 

I don’t think everyone thinks there a good idea, especially if vaccinated I don’t see the point. However you comply don’t you, you have too unfortunately as a lot of the population have been scared stiff by what they are force fed and that’s not their fault so you have to help them feel better. 

However as stated numerous times that’s as much compliance as you get, lockdowns or separation from Family and friends again then that’ll be ignored completely. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Human psychology huh? 

Blackmail often forces people 

Edited by Archied

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Here.

Let us know which shops they are, so I can avoid them like the plague you seem determined to spread.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Let us know which shops they are, so I can avoid them like the plague you seem determined to spread.

Wearing them isn’t exactly slowing the spread down is it? Luckily for us the vaccination seems to be doing it’s job keeping folk out of hospital though.