The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

8 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

No because nausea was mentioned as a possible side effect on the fact sheet I was given. If I had experienced something not mentioned I would have brought it to their attention though.

I thought that all side effects could be reported. When you read the .gov website it says for the latest weekly summary:

"For all COVID-19 vaccines, the overwhelming majority of reports relate to injection-site reactions (sore arm for example) and generalised symptoms such as ‘flu-like’ illness, headache, chills, fatigue (tiredness), nausea (feeling sick), fever, dizziness, weakness, aching muscles, and rapid heartbeat. Generally, these happen shortly after the vaccination and are not associated with more serious or lasting illness."

From the MHRA site:

"The MHRA is responding to the coronavirus pandemic and providing a dedicated coronavirus Yellow Card site for healthcare professionals and patients to report the following related to coronavirus treatment:

suspected side effects to medicines

suspected side effects of any current and future COVID-19 vaccines

incidents involving medical devices"

Think I put the wrong link up last time, for anyone else interested:

Official MHRA side effect and adverse incident reporting site for coronavirus treatments and vaccines | Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Odd, because they (well stuff I read about after my first jab, when I had a reaction) reckon the second jab has a lesser reaction, if any.

Reverse was true for me but there was only a 3 week gap

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Never understood the loan driver in car mask wearers 

BEC6DA0C-BEB9-41AE-B318-13780B606AFF.jpeg

If I have nipped out to the shop, or like yesterday, went to get a haircut, i have put my mask on at home and got in the car and driven, not for protection but just so i dont forget to put it on when i get there. Guess it depends how far i was going, if its only 5 mins or so then yeah ill wear it in the car just for that reason alone. Wouldnt if it was a long drive of course.

And also, especially from a shop, as someone who has a habit of face touching, i have worn it in the car on the way home to stop me doing so, so i can get home and do the old 20 seconds hand wash.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

I wear glasses, they get a bit steamed up when I put my mask on. This settles down after a while so I often put it on before I drive to where I will need it. 

Same here, complicated further by the fact that I have hearing aids competing for space behind my tabs. Taking the mask off in a rush (or often) can often mean getting it tangled with a hearing aid or even ripping a tube out, and that's then a 15 minute repair job.

1 hour ago, MrPlinkett said:

If I have nipped out to the shop, or like yesterday, went to get a haircut, i have put my mask on at home and got in the car and driven, not for protection but just so i dont forget to put it on when i get there. Guess it depends how far i was going, if its only 5 mins or so then yeah ill wear it in the car just for that reason alone. Wouldnt if it was a long drive of course.

And also, especially from a shop, as someone who has a habit of face touching, i have worn it in the car on the way home to stop me doing so, so i can get home and do the old 20 seconds hand wash.

I knew there would be a reason I just couldn’t fathom it 

8 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Might be safer to keep it on at home just so you don’t forget to put it on when you go out ??‍♂️?

My theory on this Indian strain is a scaremongering tactic to ensure people take up the vaccine who are in the younger age group because they are more likely to take a chance and not take it up. The second scaremongering is for everyone to get their second jab around the 12 weeks after the first and I suspect we are around 12 weeks after the peak of first jabs.

You may say figures are rising and ‘r’ is rising but everywhere is opening up it is bound to go up.

Indian Variant yes there is one but it’s no worse than any of the others.

18 minutes ago, maxjam said:

So lets have another (triple mutation /sigh)

Side effects of getting the Yorkshire variant are said to include an immediate reluctance to spend money, talking in an annoying and grating whiny accent, and having an overwhelming feeling of self-importance.  Long COVID has actually been endemic in Leeds and Sheffield for over 50 years based on my contact experiences.