Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

11 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Cant understand people saying Roberts doesn't deserve another start. He has had 1 start and while he made mistakes, looked far more positive & creative than Waghorn did. Against Wycombe, him & Byrne changed the game when they came on. Clear to see he has that game changing quality & can actually beat a man. Waghorn has played nearly every game this year and been poor week after week. He needs a break as his confidence is gone. Slightly harsh on leaving Bird out as I thought he was the pick of the 3 midfield players on Friday, but Knight & Shinnie have been superb this season. Knight far better when not playing as a 10.

Marshall

Byrne  Wisdom  Clarke  Buchanan

Knight  Shinnie

Roberts  Sibley  Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

If we go 3 at the back:

Marshall

Edmundson  Wisdom  Clarke

Byrne            Knight  Shinnie         Buchanan

Roberts                     Jozwiak

Kazim-Richards

It's a tough one with Waghorn. I agree he is struggling with his overall play and is in a bit of a goal drought but his delivery from corners looks our most likely source of goals at the moment. I therefore can't see him being dropped.

Roberts had a bit of a shocker starting against Watford but helped change the game when given 20 minutes against Wycombe.

Jozwiak is due a Cardiff type performance. Hopefully tonight!

There feels like a lot of pressure has built on this game. A horrible set of results at the weekend, two ex Rams returning with a point to prove and the East Midlands Derby a few days away.

It feels like a pivotal week in the season.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I'm not sure if this is controversial or not, but I would drop Marshall, he is showing signs of slowing down and poor reactions. I think Roos should start tonight 

May be Marshall is first choice because he’s got a better understanding w the CBs and is more of a leader. The fact he’s had the armband suggests that might be a factor 

Not sure it’s fair to say Roos was dropped. He had been standing in for the first choice 

15 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

May be Marshall is first choice because he’s got a better understanding w the CBs and is more of a leader. The fact he’s had the armband suggests that might be a factor 

Not sure it’s fair to say Roos was dropped. He had been standing in for the first choice 

I understand where you are coming from and think that you are correct, maybe Marshall has more of an air of authority about him and the back 4 feel that confidence. 

However, and again it's just my opinion I feel Roos is developing well as a keeper and in my eyes undoubtedly is far superior as a shot stopper and his reaction saves are impressive. I do feel though that he needs to command his area/defence team mates more, instilling in them a confidence. 

I just feel that the time is approaching where he is starting to seriously challenge Marshall for the No1 jersey.

26 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I understand where you are coming from and think that you are correct, maybe Marshall has more of an air of authority about him and the back 4 feel that confidence. 

However, and again it's just my opinion I feel Roos is developing well as a keeper and in my eyes undoubtedly is far superior as a shot stopper and his reaction saves are impressive. I do feel though that he needs to command his area/defence team mates more, instilling in them a confidence. 

I just feel that the time is approaching where he is starting to seriously challenge Marshall for the No1 jersey.

its healthy to have two good keepers , keeps the one in possession of the shirt on their toes

On 21/02/2021 at 01:11, DCFC1388 said:

I think we will match their 352 -

Marshall - Wisdom Edmundson Clarke - Byrne Knight Bird Shinnie Buchanan - Gregory CKR

Subs - Roos Forsyth Mengi McDonald Watson Sibley Jozwiak Roberts Waghorn

Knight just off the strikers so almost a 3421, bypass the midfield as not much point playing through the middle on our pitch so go more direct to 2 strikers against their back 3. Put CKR on Keogh, thats a penalty waiting to happen.

Not bad, got the 11 and bench spot on!

Archived