Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

2 hours ago, bucktwo said:

I agree with this and would add that Bird (on current viewing ) adds little creativity and offers less than Shinnie and Knight in all other areas of the midfield requirements.  Thats why I reckon either Bangitinme or Sibley , totally different but offering more than Bird atm.

But you could say Bird is only showing little creativity because he's being asked to play the defensive role all the time

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Go on, admit it. Pat’s performance actually warranted a 2/10 from you, but you marked him down because you couldn’t disassociate him from his playing time in the SPL ?

I will meet you half way Will...1.5.....as regards reference to the Soggie Pants League......don’t know what you mean ?

15 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

But you could say Bird is only showing little creativity because he's being asked to play the defensive role all the time

Max needs to get copy of the Watford game and see how Will did the role for them. 

In forward areas when he has been there he rarely looks for a creative pass.... He has the ability and the time to develop though. 

image.png.40e830d41a73ae91032a505e6fc43115.png

When teams play 3 at the back like Huddersfield, Rooney seems to match them up with 3 at the back as well. I'd like to see Jozwiak and Roberts have less defensive duties and have freer attacking roles. 

I think CKR needs a rest.

Even though Roberts didn't have the best game at Watford, I thought he was close to doing something good a few times but it just didn't quite happen. He did get on the ball a lot compared to Waghorn on the other wing who wasn't involved at all for most of the game.

20 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

When teams play 3 at the back like Huddersfield, Rooney seems to match them up with 3 at the back as well. I'd like to see Jozwiak and Roberts have less defensive duties and have freer attacking roles. 

Even though Roberts didn't have the best game at Watford, I thought he was close to doing something good a few times but it just didn't quite happen. He did get on the ball a lot compared to Waghorn on the other wing who wasn't involved at all for most of the game.

He didn't when we played Swansea they use 3 at the back and we set up 4-3-3 and completely outplayed them, could've won that game 5-0.

Agree CKR is in need of a rest though. Think people may be forgetting he's nearly 35 years old and has played every game for Rooney so far. 

28 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Sorry but I thought Roberts was garbage on Friday to say his a winger never once put in a cross, instead decided to cut back inside and lose the ball, and was at fault for Hughes goal. Just my opinion. 

Think Bird and Shinnie will get more time and space against Hudders in the middle to win the ball and dictate play. That back 4 is as good as it gets, Edmundson was decent Friday, but his distribution left a lot to be desired. Sibley, like Joz has some actual ability to beat a man and cross or get into the box, as he proved against Brum in wide left. Knight is the best option we have attacking middle and is due a goal. Of course if theres one thing we should know from watching Keogh over the years he is always bullied by a physical strong opponent, Colin will be ideal for this and can see him giving Keogh a real rough time. 

Screenshot_20210221-131501_Samsung Internet.jpg

40 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

Think Bird and Shinnie will get more time and space against Hudders in the middle to win the ball and dictate play. That back 4 is as good as it gets, Edmundson was decent Friday, but his distribution left a lot to be desired. Sibley, like Joz has some actual ability to beat a man and cross or get into the box, as he proved against Brum in wide left. Knight is the best option we have attacking middle and is due a goal. Of course if theres one thing we should know from watching Keogh over the years he is always bullied by a physical strong opponent, Colin will be ideal for this and can see him giving Keogh a real rough time. 

Screenshot_20210221-131501_Samsung Internet.jpg

Switch Bird and knight positions and I could go with that. Great point about Keogh.  Hopefully the loose horse will bolt at the sight of King Kazim.

7 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

Sorry but I thought Roberts was garbage on Friday to say his a winger never once put in a cross, instead decided to cut back inside and lose the ball, and was at fault for Hughes goal. Just my opinion. 

I know he didn't have the best game but I can see the potential. He spent most of the game closer to the half way line than there goal and got crowded out every time he had the ball. I think he'd be very affective if we could create more space for him higher up the pitch.

23 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I know he didn't have the best game but I can see the potential. He spent most of the game closer to the half way line than there goal and got crowded out every time he had the ball. I think he'd be very affective if we could create more space for him higher up the pitch.

do you think he'd be better as a no.10?

7 hours ago, DCFClks said:

He cut inside at every opportunity, hence was very predictable, and made no effort to link with Byrne. A poor start.

Might sound crazy but how about something radical..........After seeing Edmundson twice now I'm thinking he possibly could do a job as defensive midfield. He's a powerful lad, has a good long & short passing range on him. Can step in, has good timing and looks comfortable on the ball when driving forward. 

Our team could then be:

Marshall

Byrne             Wisdom                  Clarke             Buchannan

Edmundson

Knight                              Bird/Shinnie

Waghorn                  Kazim                                Jozwiak 

Subs - Roos - Shinnie/Bird - Roberts - Gregory - Forsyth - ? - ?

Very, very nervous for this one. More so than the Forest game. One because it would put pressure on us to beat Forest who are much better than Huddersfield. Two because the prospect of Duane Holmes scoring at PP after Rooney criticised him during his final days here seems written in the stars, especially after Will Hughes scored against us on Friday. I care more about getting one over Holmes than Keogh, especially since he apparently wanted to leave since we played Huddersfield in October. 

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Might sound crazy but how about something radical..........After seeing Edmundson twice now I'm thinking he possibly could do a job as defensive midfield. He's a powerful lad, has a good long & short passing range on him. Can step in, has good timing and looks comfortable on the ball when driving forward. 

Our team could then be:

Marshall

Byrne             Wisdom                  Clarke             Buchannan

Edmundson

Knight                              Bird/Shinnie

Waghorn                  Kazim                                Jozwiak 

Subs - Roos - Shinnie/Bird - Roberts - Gregory - Forsyth - ? - ?

Good shout. It’s funny isn’t it, over the last few years it’s always the DM fulcrum that we search for and been jinxed by. will Steve Mac have spotted it / considered it ? .. BTW what is mr Bangemin’s preferred slot ?

pro uses to be a good game. Win it and we are making progress in what feels like chipping at a granite wall with unfamiliar tools. 

21 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Very, very nervous for this one. More so than the Forest game. One because it would put pressure on us to beat Forest who are much better than Huddersfield. Two because the prospect of Duane Holmes scoring at PP after Rooney criticised him during his final days here seems written in the stars, especially after Will Hughes scored against us on Friday. I care more about getting one over Holmes than Keogh, especially since he apparently wanted to leave since we played Huddersfield in October. 

Something about Rooney not allowing any of the Derby players to communicate with them before or during the game. 

Archived