Derby v Huddersfield match day thread.

Boycie

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddersfield eh? I'm sure they have someone or two that used to play for us? ??

They're on a stinking run of poor form and we should be looking to take advantage.

Marshall
Byrne, Edmundson, Clarke, Buchanan
Knight, Shinnie, Sibley
Roberts, Kazim, Jozwiak

Swap out Clarke for Wiz if he's still struggling. Yes, Roberts had a poor game last night, but I've seen enough to see there's a good player in there. Just needs coaching to whip in a cross rather than cut inside and look for a pass. COYR ?

Well there is one thing about today  Hughes wont score and we have no need to man mark him as he wont pass it forward pmsl . Just put a player at either side of him and all he will do is retain possession and pass it backwards . JOB DONE and 3 points ? .

I will get my tin hat lol .

Drat please put it in correct thread admin as i cant irritate the hughes lovers in the wrong thread lol . 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Wouldn’t have guessed that you wouldn’t rate Roberts... you must have been waiting for him to have a bad game?

He’s a Man City player. I hope he is a success. However, from what I have seen he isn’t the pacy winger we needed who can beat a man and put in a decent cross. Is he actually a winger?

26 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He’s a Man City player. I hope he is a success. However, from what I have seen he isn’t the pacy winger we needed who can beat a man and put in a decent cross. Is he actually a winger?

I’m just hoping he provides a goal threat. Don’t really care what sort of player he is. We need some quality in that final third.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m just hoping he provides a goal threat. Don’t really care what sort of player he is. We need some quality in that final third.

Don’t we need someone who can cross a ball on to the head of CKR or Gregory? Also apart from up north he has scored zilch. 1 goal in 60 games.

Roberts looks like a player completely devoid of confidence.

But it’s his efforts without the ball that worried me most last night. If he lost the ball he would give a half-arsed jog for five yards to get it back before giving up. He doesn’t tackle it seems, pulls out of 50/50s and didn’t break a sweat all night. And some people think Lawrence is lazy ?

I miss the days when I was a happy clapper and it still feels wrong to dig out a player based on sixty odd minutes but Roberts seems to have the heart of a mouse. 

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t we need someone who can cross a ball on to the head of CKR or Gregory? Also apart from up north he has scored zilch. 1 goal in 60 games.

If we want to play that way then yeah, but I’m not convinced that’s what Rooney wants. It’s only really the spell at Middlesbrough that’s comparative to this loan though, all the others have been at a higher level than the Championship, other than when he was very young.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If we want to play that way then yeah, but I’m not convinced that’s what Rooney wants. It’s only really the spell at Middlesbrough that’s comparative to this loan though, all the others have been at a higher level than the Championship, other than when he was very young.

Why do you think Colin let him go to us from Boro?

22 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Roberts looks like a player completely devoid of confidence.

But it’s his efforts without the ball that worried me most last night. If he lost the ball he would give a half-arsed jog for five yards to get it back before giving up. He doesn’t tackle it seems, pulls out of 50/50s and didn’t break a sweat all night. And some people think Lawrence is lazy ?

I miss the days when I was a happy clapper and it still feels wrong to dig out a player based on sixty odd minutes but Roberts seems to have the heart of a mouse. 

It’s interesting that on deadline day everyone, or the majority at least, were questioning the Gregory signing and wetting themselves about the prospect of Robert’s ripping Championship defences to shreds. I was one of the few that questioned the credentials of Robert’s. It is very early days and I really hope he does make a positive impact but nothing that I have seen from him so far changes my initial view.

30 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Serious question, have you ever seen him play?

For 10 mins yeah ?

But seriously, I think yesterday showed how much we need a defensive shield in that midfield 3 to do what Bielik did for us. Hughes did very similar for Watford yesterday, and it made it incredibly difficult for us to create anything. He made so many interceptions, and I’m not sure Bird is quite the same sort of player. I’d rather see him a bit further forward, and then hope that Baningime brings that balance - he seems like that sort of player from the very little I have seen.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

For 10 mins yeah ?

But seriously, I think yesterday showed how much we need a defensive shield in that midfield 3 to do what Bielik did for us. Hughes did very similar for Watford yesterday, and it made it incredibly difficult for us to create anything. He made so many interceptions, and I’m not sure Bird is quite the same sort of player. I’d rather see him a bit further forward, and then hope that Baningime brings that balance - he seems like that sort of player from the very little I have seen.

I just find it strange you'd claim he'd go right into our best team without seeing him play, is all. I don't disagree with your reasonings, but he could be absolutely rubbish, we just don't know yet.

Archived