If you could pick 2 Rams games....

Jimbo Ram

The first, to relive and experience a game you actually went to and be at the game again and second, pick a Rams game that you weren't at but you wish you had of been, which two games would you pick?

I have been going to Rams games since the mid 70's, mid 80's followed the team home and away, been at every Rams Wembley game since the Charity Shield other than the Villa game....so many to choose from. For me, the game I was at that I would like to relive and be at again was the 3-1 away win at Spuds in the late 80's, 2 Tin Man goals. The noise, the drama, the excitement being behind the goal in the way end, the memory lives on. Secondly, a game that I wasn't at that I wish I had of been....the 4-1 Real Madrid match, that Charlie George goal, just edges out the play off win at the Dirties........thoughts???

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To see again. Rams 4 Liverpool 0 1969. I was only 9 at the time so perhaps to young to appreciate it. I was also at the 5 0 thrashing of Spurs a few weeks before but I think we were even better against Shankleys Liverpool. As for games I missed but wished I was there........as you say the play off semi against Leeds would be up there as would the 10 men victory over the dogs.....think I will go for the play off semi though. My hatred of Leeds is so deep from the 70s. 

Relive.....so many... but I would go for the play off final against West Brom. 

one I wasn’t at, I was going to say Real Madrid etc but instead I will go for Plymouth at home on the last game of the season to win the league, mum and dad who hate football thought It was acceptable to book or first ever holiday abroad so that I missed It....

Easy. Leeds away semi-final win under Lampard to experience again. Forget the heartbreak that followed, that night was special.

FA Cup final against Charlton. I wasn't even born, but to see the Rams lift the FA Cup, something I think will never happen again, must have been so special.

(If it has to be in your own lifetime I would pick Rams 4 - 1 v Real Madrid as I was only able to listen to it on the radio, being away at uni at the time.)

That famous League Cup victory in 1968 when the Rams beat "moneybags" Chelsea 3-1 at the BBG in the most exhilarating and almost frighteningly intimidating atmosphere I've ever experienced before or since.

and..this one

Rams 5 Tottenham 0 from the following year.

Bill...

Great thread and good choice v Spurs in the late 80s, a game I was fortunate to be at, but I'll go for Rotherham at home in 1986 to secure promotion from Division 3, such noise and excitement and my first taste of success as a rams fan. Honourable mentions for the Forest FAC game in 1983, the 3.2 comeback v Newcastle in the same era, both greatly influenced by a certain Mr Gemmill. If I had to choose an away game it would be the Sheffield Utd FAC game in 1985 1.0, Rob Hindmarch, 10,000 away fans going mad!

Wish I had been the WBA Playoff final, never seen us win at Wembley, 4 defeats and counting. 

Relive the Leeds playoff away leg, obviously. Absolutely unbelievable night, one of the best of my life. Was utterly ducked for about 3 days afterwards. Couldn’t have come against a better team either, I’m not ever sure beating Forest would have topped it.

Then probably attend the FA Cup final win. Can’t imagine what it’s like to see your team win a major trophy, would be nice to experience it!

In terms of re-living a game, has to be the 10 men at Forest. What a day especially giving it to the red dogs in A Block at the end of the game. Best away day of my life (although I don’t go to many)

In terms of a game I didn’t go to, obviously the FA Cup win but in my lifetime, it’s a toss up between the Leeds playoff semi or the United 3-2, difficult one but think I’d choose  the Leeds semi

I’m amazed no one has said this so far but

Attend again Derby vs Palace 1996. I don’t think 10 year old me understood the magnitude of that match

One that I missed Derby vs Man U at Old Trafford 1997. Just to see that Wanchope goal in really. Not that I haven’t watched it on YouTube 50 times...

Was there..... 3-2 Old Trafford oh Paulo ???❤️❤️❤️
not there....... 4-2 Dirties watched on Tv (several times and will continue to do so) but to be there to wave at Leeds fans and celebrate like that with the squad. For many players it will be the highlight of their career I’m sure. 

So many I would like to be at again, some already mentioned but I cant just pick one - my first ever match in 1983-4, crystal palace promotion, wanchope at old trafford, play off semi final second leg at home to Brighton and for the sheer fun of that day Norwich away with Frank when the lights failed. 
would have loved to go to any of the european nights at the BBG but especially Madrid. 

Archived