If you could pick 2 Rams games....

Jimbo Ram

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We beat Liverpool 4-0? Can’t remember the game...

I remember beating them 4-2 at home where we were 4-0 up before fairclough and Daglish scored late on but my favourite was losing 4-0 at anfield  under Cox - just a fantastic night ( Liverpool were a bit good as was Shilton) 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attend again - Rams 5-0 Forest. I love this game, not just for the scoreline. This game was the culmination of two very different approaches to team building. Forest had spent years behaving like, well... like we have for the past few years, hurling cash around blindly in an attempt to escape the division. Derby on the other hand had built steadily and sensibly, much to the chagrin of our more impatient fans. We'd endured all the non league jibes as we picked up players like Bucko and Pringle whilst Forest were trying to loan Gareth Bale. Then this game happened. We absolutely blew them away, playing scintillating football and effectively ending Billy Davies' managerial career as a nice bonus.

Bolton 3-6 Derby 1888 - I find the idea of actually watching a game from the time of the formation of the league absolutely fascinating. Obviously, there's almost no footage from this era, and I imagine I'd barely recognise the game as being in any way similar to modern football. Also, it would mean that if I ever completely lost my marbles and rang up Radio Derby, I could flex on everyone by saying I'd been supporting the Rams for over 100 years.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I remember beating them 4-2 at home where we were 4-0 up before fairclough and Daglish scored late on but my favourite was losing 4-0 at anfield  under Cox - just a fantastic night ( Liverpool were a bit good as was Shilton) 

I was there. A great piss take at the end of a somewhat chubby copper.....about 4000 Derby fans singing "have you ever seen your D***

Notts County 0-3 Derby Div 3. 
Bobby D’s first went in and the whole place erupted. I mean the whole place, every stand the crowd was 13000.
10000 Rams took over meadow lane that day and I didn’t see any trouble. Notts County have always been good to Derby fans.

The one I’d liked to have seen was the 46 Cup Final.

32 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Notts County 0-3 Derby Div 3. 
Bobby D’s first went in and the whole place erupted. I mean the whole place, every stand the crowd was 13000.
10000 Rams took over meadow lane that day and I didn’t see any trouble. Notts County have always been good to Derby fans.

The one I’d liked to have seen was the 46 Cup Final.

Lots of trouble with the over zealous Notts police that day.

Based purely on games in my lifetime.

A lot of contenders of games I would love to relive -

Forest - 10 men game, just incredible

Forest - the 5-0 game was unreal

Southampton - playoff 2nd leg, atmosphere in the pouring rain

Brighton - playoff 2nd leg, amazing performance and atmosphere was unreal

West Brom - play off final, not the best game but the whole day and celebrations were class

For games I never went to but wish I had, either -

Palace - 90s game to seal promotion, watched on tv but too young to fully appreciate

Leeds - 2nd leg playoff under Lampard, no explaination needed. Although i did watch it surrounded by Leeds fan in a bar in Rhodes which in itself was brilliant

May 1986 v Rotherham.  My first ever match.  I seem to remember that the game was supposed to have been played in the February but was postponed due to poor weather.  What a night.

November 1988 v Arsenal.  A fantastic 2-1 win.  I was in the Key Club with my late father. A classic performance, one to remember.  The atmosphere that day was electric.  As we know, we were the only team to do the double over Arsenal that season, who went on to win the title in dramatic circumstances.

Looking back, when you consider the trajectory we were on between the 1985-86 and 1988-89 seasons that was an amazing time, second only to the Clough era and winning the first title, I expect.

7 minutes ago, A14Ram said:

May 1986 v Rotherham.  My first ever match.  I seem to remember that the game was supposed to have been played in the February but was postponed due to poor weather.  What a night.

November 1988 v Arsenal.  A fantastic 2-1 win.  I was in the Key Club with my late father. A classic performance, one to remember.  The atmosphere that day was electric.  As we know, we were the only team to do the double over Arsenal that season, who went on to win the title in dramatic circumstances.

Looking back, when you consider the trajectory we were on between the 1985-86 and 1988-89 seasons that was an amazing time, second only to the Clough era and winning the first title, I expect.

Not according to Paul Merson . Apparently the season we did the double over them, it was awful to lose to us with a couple of games left  as we were a team struggling against relegation all season . Errrrr

16 minutes ago, A14Ram said:

Davison throwing a mud pie in the blokes face for the tackle from behind on 50 seconds and a penalty for nowt?

30 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Cally was immense in the second half of that game 

It's worrying that I can remember that game more clearly than what I was doing 2 weeks ago. I remember both of their goals were gifts, one awful being Ross Maclaren just passing it to their centre forward who then just put it in the net....

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Davison throwing a mud pie in the blokes face for the tackle from behind on 50 seconds and a penalty for nowt?

That is one of my most memorable Rams matches, travelled up from London, but I felt sick with nerves throughout the game, don't know why I was so nervous......

12 hours ago, loweman2 said:

D9AA1FCA-3258-4844-AB3D-0F423A5FFCE5.jpeg

8003FE48-1C89-4A1D-823D-4EF44FEC9C0B.jpeg

07B8F77A-EE9B-4120-861E-B1F4BEDBABBA.jpeg

Wow what a trophy. That match is legendary. I didn't go myself even though I had just started going in 1968, but my brother Paul went and still talks about it now. Amazing to have the ball. My Dad went to the 46 final. As a family I think we've seen almost every memorable match in the Rams post war history, another brother even went to the bernabeu in 1975.

Archived