If you could pick 2 Rams games....

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huddersfield away ( think it was Boxing Day) under Jim smith, we won 1-0, not a great performance, but away end was packed and the fans never stopped singing, most games were called off, we scraped a win, and I think then after this result, most fans knew we were going up. ( just a game that sticks in my memory)

Game I wished I was at would be the 10 men win at the red dogs or play off semi vs Leeds for obvious reasons ( red dogs game I had to work and used to go to most away games) ( Leeds playoff game, think the wife ( and whole street) thought I’d gone mad when Marriott scored and when the final whistle went) 

Newcastle 1976 fa cup quarter final I  was 12 and the fa cup final was massive in those days and i was certain we were going to win it every goal was a stunner as I remember in a 4-2 win Newcastle had lost the league cup final to Man City the week before a Denis Tueart overhead kick so loads of geordies down.,Bloody hate Man Utd. Obviously the one I wished I was at the 1946 cup win.Weakened teams.no replays,Wembley semi finals ,530 final kick offs dont get me bloody started!

1 hour ago, Jase116 said:

Huddersfield away ( think it was Boxing Day) under Jim smith, we won 1-0, not a great performance, but away end was packed and the fans never stopped singing, most games were called off, we scraped a win, and I think then after this result, most fans knew we were going up. ( just a game that sticks in my memory)

I remember that game, was a brilliant day. The away end was rammed and I remember it being the first of the 'new build' grounds we'd been to. 

Can't remember if it was that same season or one before where we had a run of 8 or 9 away wins on the bounce? We took huge numbers to Barnsley and Notts County.

2 hours ago, Jase116 said:

Game I wished I was at would be the 10 men win at the red dogs or play off semi vs Leeds for obvious reasons ( red dogs game I had to work and used to go to most away games) ( Leeds playoff game, think the wife ( and whole street) thought I’d gone mad when Marriott scored and when the final whistle went) 

Yes, I was visiting my parents down in Cornwall for Christmas and the family were playing Trivial Pursuit. I have this photographic memory of what I was doing at games I wasn’t at. It was a featured game on the radio and remember doing a little celebration on hearing Ron Willems had scored. I think a few days before we had beaten Sunderland in a big game at home?

1 hour ago, JJs dms said:

Newcastle 1976 fa cup quarter final I  was 12 and the fa cup final was massive in those days and i was certain we were going to win it every goal was a stunner as I remember in a 4-2 win Newcastle had lost the league cup final to Man City the week before a Denis Tueart overhead kick so loads of geordies down.,Bloody hate Man Utd. Obviously the one I wished I was at the 1946 cup win.Weakened teams.no replays,Wembley semi finals ,530 final kick offs dont get me bloody started!

Not sure I have ever seen a free kick hit as hard as that Bruce one ....

For a match I was at, the Sheff Wed 3-3 FA Cup match in 1993 stands out. I was 12 at the time and still remember everyone jumping around as each Rams goal went in. The Shane Nicholson goal was something else. 

I also loved the Southampton play off semi final at home in 2007. It was my dad and my first season as season ticket holders. I can still see Idiakez's penalty miss now! 

The match I wished I was at had to be either the Man Utd win at Old Trafford in 1997, or the Leeds play off win in 2019. 

Archived