sibbo kazim joz 

or:

roos

bryne wiz Clarke foz 

roberts knight shinnie Joz

kazim Gregory 

Roos has to be in there for me. Unfairly dropped in the first place ??‍♂️

So many options

id like just one of Knight and Shinnie to start. Even though they’ve both been excellent except against rovrum. We now have the depth to find a better balance esp in midfield 

think it may be 3 at the back 

First of all I'll go for Ross instead of Marshall. Ross is much better creating uppertuneties in the buildupplay and have - like Shay Given have mentioned - done enough to keep the shirt.

Secondly we need to go back to 3-4-1-2 system. I would have liked to have kept Evans because I think he did fine in that role and could have developed  into a very good player. But instead of him I would choose Mingi and put Wisdom and Clarke in here too. Against Rotherham the goals against us was created because of the play being played badly from Marshall over our midfield and direct into Rotherham defense that was playing almost at the middle of the park at that time - from about 60 min. of play- and thereby pressing us back on several occasions. That leave us very open for counterattack.

Burne is ok defensively but unfortunately because of his size not quick enough going back.

In our midfield I would for sure put Shinnie in to brake up play and Roberts on the right, ( in ghat short time of play he showed in my opinion that his a better player right now than Jozwiak - Sibley on the left because his such a good offensive and direct player, that have a different and more direct way of playing and can shoot and score goals - like last season- to leave him out of the 11 has in my opinion been Rooney biggest mistake.

Knight biggest quality is playing as a 10 and therefore should play in the middle off park and use most of his energy going forward instead of running all over the park. In that position he's also a force scoring goals- which he did fantasticly last season being a real force going forward using his energy to create and go for goals.

Up front I would go for Richards together Gregory. Kazim is such a important player for the hole team to hold up the play, and I believe right now we have to try something else than Waghorn, that needs fast passing on the ground to be a real force on goal.

Jozwiak needs a break. He's to slow and needs to get in better shape.

I think Bird can develop to be a very good player, but he needs to play further up midfield and play more direct like vs Bristol C. where he almost was our best player. Full of energy and passing ability.

Rooney is a fan of Baningime, and it will be interesting to see how he'll fit in our team.

2 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I like the idea of that trio interchanging at times behind kazim. Having Knight to come off the bench would be good too. My only worry would be whether the defence can be solid enough in that set up.

Barnsley are a decent team going forward, better than Rotherham.

Part or me thinks we'd be better off in 343

Mengi Wisdom Clarke

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan

Roberts Kazim Jozwiak

But I'm honestly not sure any more to be honest, just hope Wayne has a clearer idea of what to do

AggravatingEnlightenedHorseshoecrab-smal

10 hours ago, abertawe_ram said:

I like the idea of that trio interchanging at times behind kazim. Having Knight to come off the bench would be good too. My only worry would be whether the defence can be solid enough in that set up.

Barnsley are a decent team going forward, better than Rotherham.

Part or me thinks we'd be better off in 343

Mengi Wisdom Clarke

Byrne Knight Shinnie Buchanan

Roberts Kazim Jozwiak

But I'm honestly not sure any more to be honest, just hope Wayne has a clearer idea of what to do

Fair point about Barnsley being a better side but having alternative attacking outlets a) keeps Barnsley on the back foot & b) keeps our defensively minded players in position.

Shinnie for example has found himself high up the pitch in recent games because of the way we're set up but lacks that final 3rd quality. He's a good player & has a fantastic work rate but would prefer him screening that back 4 (and covering Buchanan/Byrne's raids). His role should be winning the ball & then giving it quickly to those up the park who can create/run with it. If we think back to our 13/14 side, we didnt ever see Eustace in the final 3rd because we had much better options ahead of him.

Bird I do like up the park but having him & Shinnie sitting does give us some insurance back there. Rotherham are quite an outlier in their extreme press in the division so would expect (slightly) more time on the ball today. The bigger issue for me is that we aren't doing anything with it & that needs addressing.

Tough game ahead but then we seem to lose the theoretically more winnable games and win those that our losing form suggests we have no right to. Barnsley present a stern test nonetheless as they can play a bit but can also mix it up, though I don't expect them to be indulging in too many cheeky knee stamps. Hopefully they won't be screeching abuse for the entire 90 minutes either.

With a lot of new faces I'm not going to hazard a guess at the line-ups. My wish list would be in no particular order:

• Bird and Knight to be played in their best positions, assuming they play at all. I'm really not sure Max is that comfortable screening the back 4 on his lonesome, in fact I think he looked loads better almost playing the 10 role. He seems to be more confident both finding space and using his passing ability to move forward when he's higher up the pitch, though I've no real idea why. Knight needs to be played centrally where he does his best work. He's not got the tricks nor the speed to play out wide and is wasted there IMO.
  • I'd like to see Patrick Roberts start as long as he's fit enough to play at least an hour - looked to have a bit of class about him in his cameo against Rotherham
  • Beni  - same comments as per Roberts. I think he looks like he might be more adept screening the back 4 than Max, though again this is based on limited evidence.

Hard to know how Wazza will react to the Rotherham performance but I suspect whilst annoyed, I doubt he'll view it as the Greek tragedy some on here did. Rotherham were very much value for the win, but if Gregory had taken a chance that was probably easier to score than miss, it could have been a very different game and I think Rotherham were massively flattered by the scoreline anyway. I'm sure there'll be changes but possibly not the wholesale clear-out some might expect. The same players had been performing admirably over the previous few games and perhaps with a few extra days training, they will cope better with the loss of Bielik this time out. Some tough calls for Wayne to mull over, no doubt,

One other possible change If the young lad from Manure is as good as they think he is, might be that Wisdom finds himself on the bench. Tough really, as he was excellent in the previous game, driving forward and making laser accurate passes to feet, but he reverted to type last time out and I'm still not convinced he's better in the CB role than Evans. He seems to me to be a far better RB but Byrne has made that position his IMO.

A last thought would be if this is on Rams TV it'd be great the feed is available for 90 minutes, not 50. Grrrr.

COYR

Archived