Derby v Barnsley, Saturday 6th Feb - Postponed

Kinder

Well, @Rev’s winning streak has come to an end at Rotherham. Will our next trip to Yorkshire be more successful?

Some interesting selection choices for Wazza. Does he stick with the back four that had looked so solid until tonight? Should he keep Bird in the Bielik role, or try the new lad Beni? Or play 442 with Gregory up to with Kaz?

COYR

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to be all doom and gloom after one poor performance and awful result. We've generally played well under Rooney and although there's been a lot of one-nils, we've been pretty comfortable in them.

Let's hope our lads aren't feeling half as negative as some on here after one poo result. We seem to lose to ugly teams that just fight every season, but we've been beating some pretty decent teams too recently. We just need to carry on as we were before today and hope that the added depth brought it can make the difference in those tight games.

Barnsley will try to play a hell of a lot more than Rotherham, but I'd feel more confident in beating them than I would've Rotherham. We need to put it behind us and get back on track, don't let tonight hamper our survival hopes even more in coming games.

Wazza will make big changes - half the team will be dropped.

Expecting

Marshall

Byrne Mengi Clarke Forsyth

Banger Shinnie

Roberts Knight Lawrence

Gregory

Not sure that's a good thing, but it is nice to be able to make that many switches.

MARSHALL

BYRNE                 WISDOM             CLARKE             BUCHANAN  

BANGERS                     SHINNIE

JOZWIAK                       SIBLEY                      ROBERTS

KAZIM

(Roos, McDonald, Forsyth, Mengi/Edmondson, Knight, Watson, Bird, Gregory, Waghorn/Lawrence)

Serious changes needed for this one:

Roos

Baningime Shinnie

Roberts Sibley Jozwiak

Gregory

If I could drop all of them I probably would after that gutless performance. Marshall was awful tonight, constantly gave the ball away from goal kicks and probably should have done better with some of the goals too. Roos did nothing wrong before he was dropped, so he returns. Byrne was poor going forward but we don’t really have any other options there. Both centre backs were beaten too easily throughout, but with only one other fit CB, Wisdom is the one to drop out for Mengi as he was the worse of the two. Distribution was slow and indecisive, too easy to press. Buchanan struggled physically and I think this will be a similar challenge, so Forsyth comes in. Again, both CDM’s were poor in possession and defensively, but Bird was especially weak in the absence of Bielik, so Baningime gets his chance to step in. Haven’t really got anyone else to replace Shinnie. Waghorn was ineffective in the final third as per usual, so Roberts gets his chance. Knight works hard but provides little threat, Sibley might give us more goals. Kazim-Richards looks tired so I’d give him a rest for Gregory.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Serious changes needed for this one:

Roos

Baningime Shinnie

Roberts Sibley Jozwiak

Gregory

If I could drop all of them I probably would after that gutless performance. Marshall was awful tonight, constantly gave the ball away from goal kicks and probably should have done better with some of the goals too. Roos did nothing wrong before he was dropped, so he returns. Byrne was poor going forward but we don’t really have any other options there. Both centre backs were beaten too easily throughout, but with only one other fit CB, Wisdom is the one to drop out for Mengi as he was the worse of the two. Distribution was slow and indecisive, too easy to press. Buchanan struggled physically and I think this will be a similar challenge, so Forsyth comes in. Again, both CDM’s were poor in possession and defensively, but Bird was especially weak in the absence of Bielik, so Baningime gets his chance to step in. Haven’t really got anyone else to replace Shinnie. Waghorn was ineffective in the final third as per usual, so Roberts gets his chance. Knight works hard but provides little threat, Sibley might give us more goals. Kazim-Richards looks tired so I’d give him a rest for Gregory.

Sometimes think I must be watching a different game.....

Archived