Derby v Barnsley, Saturday 6th Feb - Postponed

Kinder

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mckram said:

Question is will they try to play it tomorrow or midweek?

Barnsley have a game Thursday so tomorrow or April probably. 

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Wonder if this means the game won’t be tomorrow either?

I doubt it but it should be discussed as a possibility. 

1 minute ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

How can all these lower teams from league 1 get promoted and not be forced to maintain a higher standard of drainage etc of the stadium? Derby should not he made to keep squeezing games in because teams don't want to put their hand in their ducking pocket and improve their club?

Erm - our pitch is fairly poor currently but volunteers are no longer allowed 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Gonna have to get used to this boys, gonna be a lot more postponements in League One next season.

Why who you supporting next season ? ?

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Tough game ahead but then we seem to lose the theoretically more winnable games and win those that our losing form suggests we have no right to. Barnsley present a stern test nonetheless as they can play a bit but can also mix it up, though I don't expect them to be indulging in too many cheeky knee stamps. Hopefully they won't be screeching abuse for the entire 90 minutes either.

With a lot of new faces I'm not going to hazard a guess at the line-ups. My wish list would be in no particular order:

• Bird and Knight to be played in their best positions, assuming they play at all. I'm really not sure Max is that comfortable screening the back 4 on his lonesome, in fact I think he looked loads better almost playing the 10 role. He seems to be more confident both finding space and using his passing ability to move forward when he's higher up the pitch, though I've no real idea why. Knight needs to be played centrally where he does his best work. He's not got the tricks nor the speed to play out wide and is wasted there IMO.
  • I'd like to see Patrick Roberts start as long as he's fit enough to play at least an hour - looked to have a bit of class about him in his cameo against Rotherham
  • Beni  - same comments as per Roberts. I think he looks like he might be more adept screening the back 4 than Max, though again this is based on limited evidence.

Hard to know how Wazza will react to the Rotherham performance but I suspect whilst annoyed, I doubt he'll view it as the Greek tragedy some on here did. Rotherham were very much value for the win, but if Gregory had taken a chance that was probably easier to score than miss, it could have been a very different game and I think Rotherham were massively flattered by the scoreline anyway. I'm sure there'll be changes but possibly not the wholesale clear-out some might expect. The same players had been performing admirably over the previous few games and perhaps with a few extra days training, they will cope better with the loss of Bielik this time out. Some tough calls for Wayne to mull over, no doubt,

One other possible change If the young lad from Manure is as good as they think he is, might be that Wisdom finds himself on the bench. Tough really, as he was excellent in the previous game, driving forward and making laser accurate passes to feet, but he reverted to type last time out and I'm still not convinced he's better in the CB role than Evans. He seems to me to be a far better RB but Byrne has made that position his IMO.

A last thought would be if this is on Rams TV it'd be great the feed is available for 90 minutes, not 50. Grrrr.

COYR

I feel sorry for you that you took time to write all this for it to be postponed an hour later mate.. ? 

Archived