• Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall
Bryne Wisdom Clarke Buchanan
                Baningime
            Bird           Shinnie
Jozwiak                           Knight
                      CKR

Throw Baningime in, see if he can do the Bielik job. Keep the rest the same as it was in before Bielik got injured. 

Introduce the rest of the new players off the bench for a while until they've trained with the team more.

Without Bielik, we probably need that extra man at the back - more defensive solidity, more strength and more height to the team overall.

For this game it'll have to be Mengi joining Wisdom and Clarke. However, I have a feeling our best defence will end up being a back five of: Byrne, Wisdom, Edmundson, Clarke, Buchanan (when Edmundson is fit)

Rooney's XI:

Marshall
Byrne   Mengi   Wisdom   Clarke   Buchanan
Bird Shinnie
Jozwiak   Kazim   Knight

I'm  still a big fan of Roos an believe he adds more to the team overall than Marshall (Rooney obviously disagrees).
The central CB needs to be able to deal with aerial threats so it can't be Wisdom long term. Edmundson's physique should mean he's well suited.
Wisdom at RCB and Byrne at RWB means we will effectively result in a back 4 (Byrne likes to stay higher up the field, with Wisdom drifting wider.
Roberts (who likes to cut inside) would work well with Byrne (who hugs the touchline) on the right, with Buchanan (who mixes it up) would continue to work well with Jozwiak (who also mixes it up).
Also, with 5 at the back we need a midfielder in there who can link play - Bird. Shinnie misses out.

My XI:

Roos
Knight   Bird
Roberts   Kazim   Jozwiak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Longer term, I'd like to see Sibley push for that RW/RF spot - who will mix it up a bit more based on what I've seen of Roberts.

Roos
Byrne   Wisdom   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Bird
Sibley   Kazim   Jozwiak

5 subs each game to be made from:

• McDonald and Fozzy backup wing backs
  • Baningime and Shinnie backup CMs
  • Roberts and Lawrence providing competition for the wingers/wide forwards
  • Gregory/Waghorn backup for Kazim.

(Baningime likely to miss out on making the matchday squad due to loan rules)

With Bielik's ACL injury confirmed, then let's hope Baningime can have a Thorne-like influence when coming in to the squad part-way into the season after arriving on loan.

It would be great for Shinnie to build up a good relationship on the pitch with him like he did with Bielik, they were becoming a really good combination in the middle for us. I'd love nothing more than to coin the term "Bangers & Smash" for Baningime and Shinnie (in respect of his endless run of yellow cards) if they can have a similar impact together.

39 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

image.png.6679a3f86b4a87e2040f2a265e2a38f7.png

I don't see the need to change the back four because of one bad game when it's been solid recently.

With Bielik out I don't think we can play with just one CDM, also playing a CAM might make the striker less isolated.

Maybe your right, but Wisdom has been vulnerable aerially for most of the season in my opinion, has been lucky to get away with a few until now. Probably his pace, passing ability, and Clarke's dominance in the air have masked this issue so far. 

Good point about Bielik. Maybe now we are getting more bodies forward it could be ok to go back to the 4-2-3-1 which was thought to be too defensive a while back. I actually quite liked Bird in the no.10 position the rare occasions he's played there. Definitely more creative than Knight and good with the ball at his feet. Although Sibley and Lawrence are both potentially better options there. 

After seeing what happened against Rotherham, I think 3 at the back is the way to go:

Marshall
Mengi, Wisdom, Clarke
Byrne, Knight, Shinnie, Buchanan
Roberts, Kazim, Jozwiak

Let's face it... we haven't got another player like Bielik, so we need to adapt and IMO this formation suits the players we have available the best. Also gives the option to bring Sibbo and Greggs on for Roberts and Jozwiak if we wanted to change it a bit and go 2 up front with Sibbo as a number 10.

My optimism took one hell of a knock last night, but our record against the top teams in this league means I'm still hopeful we can climb slightly further away from the relegation zone. COYR ?

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Without Bielik, we probably need that extra man at the back - more defensive solidity, more strength and more height to the team overall.

For this game it'll have to be Mengi joining Wisdom and Clarke. However, I have a feeling our best defence will end up being a back five of: Byrne, Wisdom, Edmundson, Clarke, Buchanan (when Edmundson is fit)

Rooney's XI:

Marshall
Bird Shinnie
Jozwiak   Kazim   Knight

I'm  still a big fan of Roos an believe he adds more to the team overall than Marshall (Rooney obviously disagrees).
The central CB needs to be able to deal with aerial threats so it can't be Wisdom long term. Edmundson's physique should mean he's well suited.
Wisdom at RCB and Byrne at RWB means we will effectively result in a back 4 (Byrne likes to stay higher up the field, with Wisdom drifting wider.
Roberts (who likes to cut inside) would work well with Byrne (who hugs the touchline) on the right, with Buchanan (who mixes it up) would continue to work well with Jozwiak (who also mixes it up).
Also, with 5 at the back we need a midfielder in there who can link play - Bird. Shinnie misses out.

My XI:

Roos
Knight   Bird
Roberts   Kazim   Jozwiak

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Longer term, I'd like to see Sibley push for that RW/RF spot - who will mix it up a bit more based on what I've seen of Roberts.

Roos
Byrne   Wisdom   Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan
Knight   Bird
Sibley   Kazim   Jozwiak

5 subs each game to be made from:

• McDonald and Fozzy backup wing backs
  • Baningime and Shinnie backup CMs
  • Roberts and Lawrence providing competition for the wingers/wide forwards
  • Gregory/Waghorn backup for Kazim.

(Baningime likely to miss out on making the matchday squad due to loan rules)

So what do you know about Edmunson ?

What I’d like to see:

Roos

wiz mengi Clarke 

byrne knight shinnie Buchanan 

sibbo kazim joz 

or:

roos

bryne wiz Clarke foz 

roberts knight shinnie Joz

kazim Gregory 

Roos has to be in there for me. Unfairly dropped in the first place ??‍♂️