Lee Gregory, signed on loan for the rest of the season.

Bubbles

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

It is the Daily Fail guys... ?

Although saying that... we could do worse. He's a worker. I reckon he'd fit into the Rooney 'philosophy'. Fairly confident he could get us 6 or 7 goals between now and the end of the season. Good backup option.

He's exactly that, a back-up option. No new striker would, or should come in and immediately replace CKR, he's our first choice and I doubt that'll change any time soon regardless who we sign.

We do have to have a bit of a reality check about transfers. 

Players do have a say in the matter. We are a team just above the relegation zone, playing on a mud heap, wondering whether wages are going to be paid, beset by scandal, undergoing financial difficulties linked to a dubious takeover, anxiously awaiting news of points deductions .... need I go on?

WR will need all of his pulling power to get anyone in. Only players like Gregory, who have the experience of playing under restrictions, or really young players hoping to pit their wits against grown men in the championship, will want to come.

At least Gregory has a bit of go about him. If we can find a way to pair him with CKR, no defence will have an easy time. He’s also pretty good in the air for those delicious crosses we get from full back positions.

I'll keep an open mind, but to say this is a signing I wouldn't be entertaining is an understatement. I guess it's more to do with getting bodies in the door that can fit the system we're currently playing, but this is far from inspiring. 

I'm glad it's just a loan. 

15 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

????????????? imagine having a legend of a footballer all time top scorer for England and man utd and he isnt using his contacts like lampard , the signings we are looking at are nigel Clough-esque 

I know. What kind of idiot would get a striker on a free who would become one of our top ten of all time. Crazy ?

If we are winning after 70/75 mins, Rooney can bring him on with the faith he is going to run himself into the ground like Colin. Sensible signing. Let’s just see if he has goals in him.

Think we really need another wide man, preferably left footed. If we get a striker, a left footed winger and these two centre backs, you have to say the day has been a success.

18 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

????????????? imagine having a legend of a footballer all time top scorer for England and man utd and he isnt using his contacts like lampard , the signings we are looking at are nigel Clough-esque 

Unfortunately the budget we have is more than likely nigel clough-esque, if were lucky  

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I know. What kind of idiot would get a striker on a free who would become one of our top ten of all time. Crazy ?

Also ought to take alook at what a top job Nigel is doing at Mansfield as well with an ATTACKING style of play !! . 

Lee Gregory?

Definition of sensible

1: having, containing, or indicative of good sense or reason : RATIONAL, REASONABLE / sensible peoplemade a sensible answer

2: designed for practical ends (such as comfort) rather than for appearance / sensible shoes

This link, along with Billy Sharp, has been around since the dawn of time. 

It’s like our recruitment team just have a list, and then never touch it again. Just keep going back to the same names. 

Not against it tho, contract running down, lives local you’d assume, needs a new deal and works hard. 

Archived