Lee Gregory, signed on loan for the rest of the season.

Bubbles

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now reserve judgement for every single player we sign until he’s had a chance, when we brought CKR in I looked at his age, his record, his previous clubs and thought to myself - if he wasn’t able to do it for these clubs over so many years then why can he do it for Derby at this age? Well proof shows that is quite literally irrelevant and giving someone who has the right character and motivation a chance is worth a go. Let’s see what he can do ??

4 minutes ago, Lander said:

I now reserve judgement for every single player we sign until he’s had a chance, when we brought CKR in I looked at his age, his record, his previous clubs and thought to myself - if he wasn’t able to do it for these clubs over so many years then why can he do it for Derby at this age? Well proof shows that is quite literally irrelevant and giving someone who has the right character and motivation a chance is worth a go. Let’s see what he can do ??

CKR I think is well thought of at a lot of clubs he has played for. He has played in some high level encounters. Lee Gregory I remember doing well against us. Would rather judge him after some match time.

8 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He always looked alright to me playing with Morison up top for Millwall they worked well together, an option for Rooney to play him alongside the big man CKR.  

Just seen an interesting stat him and Morison between 15-17 started 71 games together and scored 66 goals between them, let’s hope him and the big man can replicate that here! 

The minimum requirements for this window were centre half cover and a centre forward to take the load off Kazim. We’ve succeeded on both counts.

Gregory is perfect for second half of this season. He has know how, he physical, he will run all day long, fight, scrap and knows where the net is as his goal record for Millwall shows.

Really happy with this. If we can get that touch of stardust by signing Roberts then it will make a good window even better.

Archived