Lee Gregory, signed on loan for the rest of the season.

Bubbles

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Loan and if does well offer a contract for end of season, bit like Martin if my memory serves me correctly 

It makes sense in that respect but if we have more than 5 loans someone will miss out so if we could have got 1 of the loans on a permanent we should have

Gregory, Clarke, mengi. 2 more is realistic due to wage constraints anyway, plus 5 in a transfer window would potentially disrupt the balance of the squad when have been doing OK. 

Plus, potential takeover wise wouldn't affect assets on the book so valuation of the club would only change from outgoings with the cash in the bank

I reckon it makes sense with Mel trying to unload the club and Rooney/mac are bringing in any way they can

12 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

In all honesty I know nothing about him. Can anyone enlighten me on what his attributes are and what he'll bring to the team?

Tall, strong, hard-working. Strong in the air. Technically relatively limited.

One of those players who has managed to get most of their limited ability and therefore, made a decent career. I do appreciate these kind of players a lot and definitely more than those ravelmorrisons who had all the ability, but not willingness to work hard enough.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Have Stoke fans ever known happiness?

They get a fleeting sense of happiness first thing in the morning, when they wake up and realise that they haven’t passed away in the night.

Unfortunately that quickly passes as the realisation sets in that they live in Stoke and it would actually have been a blessing if they had.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Gregory, a player the wrong side of 30.

He will not get any faster.

He doesn't have a great scoring record.

He doesn't hugely improve the attack.

Hes played for a lot of clubs, is that a good thing

Sounds a lot like people said about CKR ?

3 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Why can’t “CKR u-turn fans” realise we’re shopping in the bargain bin for a bit? Shrewd move.

what are you expecting, Diego Costa on a free? Still whinge then. 

He is far better than what we currently have as back up . Once the dust settles in the morning we will have a more balanced and hungrier squad ... also judging by his eyes he's slept in the car park at Moor Farm so applaud his commitment. 

Good steady record so far so we know what we're getting .

I don’t think we needed a striker to “hugely improve the attack”, but an alternative to CKR and backup in case he gets injured.

I doubt we could afford a prolific striker in their twenties, and you’re unlikely to get one on loan, especially if you happen to be skint and bottom half of the Championship.

Archived