Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

31 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Hence the reason for selling him now, most clubs would’ve still got a fee for him, no matter how small

Most clubs aren't as publicly skint as we are. How much leverage do you think we had? Ryan Conway said it was incentivised, based on games played we get money? How likely he stays fit? If it's on goals scored we'll get threepence! ? 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, it does doesn't it? I took it from Twitter.  If you read the full interview I think it's a bit more balanced, about being pleased to be home etc.

It's here: 

https://www.htafc.com/news/2021/january/duane-holmes-delighted-to-be-back/

Certainly explains why he's not been in the squad - Rooney has made it plain that he wants commitment from the players - if Duane has clearly been keen to leave then he didn't stand much chance of being selected. Shame because I thought he was good character and could have had a decent future with us but if that's his attitude then pleased he's away from the rest of the squad....

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Rather unnecessary in my book. 

A player who always tried hard. An ambitious man who will want first team football. A man who doesn't see first team football at Derby and remembers his time at Huddersfield fondly. 

I just think he's being honest. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

A player who always tried hard. An ambitious man who will want first team football. A man who doesn't see first team football at Derby and remembers his time at Huddersfield fondly. 

Sometimes it's better to keep your gob shut. 

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Honest yes, committed to the club paying his wages (eventually!), no. 

DCFC website - Buchanan: "we all love digging in for each other". That's what Rooney wants and obviously wasn't getting from Holmes.

Nice chap - worth the gamble signing him but he proved not to be any better than the players he replaced - good luck to him but to me he is never going to play at a higher level and he is about mid to bottom championship squad player ( like where we are currently) 

I do not think he is a central midfielder at all in terms of what he can do but he should be a decent winger but simply doesn’t want to try at that position whilst not being able to beat a man in front of him ( running into open space doesn’t count) limits his usefulness 

for me his best moment in a Derby county shirt was coming off injured at Ellend road to be replaced by Marriott in that Night of nights (which is a bit sad) 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

for me his best moment in a Derby county shirt was coming off injured at Ellend road to be replaced by Marriott in that Night of nights (which is a bit sad) 

OMG  you're telepathetic, that is exactly what I just said to the OH. #COYR

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Player makes comments on joining a new club. The very epitome of betrayal. Journalists can be right dicks sometimes.

Are you having a laugh? They can be dicks but this is far from it , Holmes literally says outloud he played for us in that game purely to make his case to leave for the opposing team , good riddance 

28 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Maybe a touch too honest, just because football fans can be very, very precious and you need to be careful not to damage their fragile egos. Most fans were fine with him leaving anyway, as was I, and besides, he was probably told he was surplus to requirements/free to look for a new club before that match took place.

Otherwise, decent player, always looked like he had the potential to be better if he added end product, but I think he'll always fall short, like a lot of Championship players.

I wish him well, he was a decent servant here and it's nice for him that he's had an opportunity to re-join his hometown club.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Ahh well good riddance if he’s been wanting to go for a few months he’s not been committed 

A clap from Owen for this post above only cements my view that he was long overdue for a move elsewhere.

Now Owen, what do we think of this Sheikh? Is he committed, or should we be thinking good riddance?

17 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can't say I am too surprised by Duane Holmes' comments, as he's looked like he couldn't be bothered to play for us all season. 

Good riddance. 

WR making some very good decisions so far.

Only wants players and staff who are committed to the Rams. 

I’m liking him more and more each day, but reserve the right to change my opinion if we lose a game ?

I generally liked Duane as a player in his time here.

No problem with him joining the list of players who I honestly couldn’t less about given the way he’s decided to leave.

I’m glad WR doesn’t tolerate that kind of attitude and we went to the effort to get him out of the door now rather than waiting til the summer.

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OMG  you're telepathetic, that is exactly what I just said to the OH. #COYR

Yeah!  Nice try @RoyMac5.

We all know you and @Sparkle are an item. It's been obvious for months!  I bet you just concocted that little plan sat cuddled up on the sofa together, thinking you'll pull the wool over our eyes!  

#stupidnotstupid

11 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

A clap from Owen for this post above only cements my view that he was long overdue for a move elsewhere.

Now Owen, what do we think of this Sheikh? Is he committed, or should we be thinking good riddance?

When MTW left last week most Derby players put stuff on Instagram wishing him the best I’ve not seen any yet for Holmes, he may of been a squad player but for me he never seemed that interested  

Archived