Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Topram said:

When MTW left last week most Derby players put stuff on Instagram wishing him the best I’ve not seen any yet for Holmes, he may of been a squad player but for me he never seemed that interested  

MTW's also still been liking Derby posts

Of course, if he had been told he was surplus to requirements, and could find himself another club... BEFORE he got cosy with the Huddersfield manager...

who knows?  

I was always planning on giving him my best wishes when he went.  I'll stick with that approach, rightly or wrongly.

Cheers, Big Dunc.  ?

#notITK

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yeah!  Nice try @RoyMac5.

We all know you and @Sparkle are an item. It's been obvious for months!  I bet you just concocted that little plan sat cuddled up on the sofa together, thinking you'll pull the wool over our eyes!  

#stupidnotstupid

Talk about insults ?

2 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Due to play Huddersfield in February. Wonder who would have got the loudest booing, if there had been a crowd, Holmes or Keogh?

Keogh played his heart out for Derby county so he would have been getting a round of applause from me whilst his ending here was his own stupid fault - Holmes well he wasn’t in the same league in terms of quality and commitment 

45 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Are you having a laugh? They can be dicks but this is far from it , Holmes literally says outloud he played for us in that game purely to make his case to leave for the opposing team , good riddance 

Do you actually ferl betrayed? These are footballers, not, you know, spouses or MI6.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Yes, it does doesn't it? I took it from Twitter.  If you read the full interview I think it's a bit more balanced, about being pleased to be home etc.

It's here: 

https://www.htafc.com/news/2021/january/duane-holmes-delighted-to-be-back/

He tapped up Huddersfield whilst being contracted to Derby, and went out of his way to do so. That is disrespectful and admitting it is stupid. I didn't think you were allowed to speak to another club before January (in your last year of contract). 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Do you actually ferl betrayed? These are footballers, not, you know, spouses or MI6.

Haha no I don't feel betrayed in the slightest , but I do feel like he is a bit of a back stabbing toad for that comment and am glad to see the back of him , my point is ed dawes isn't being a dick for stating something alone them lines , albeit a little more dramatic 

Can count on one hand the amount of good games he's had for us. 

Utterly woeful since we came back after the pandemic last year. 

More bothered about playing online games and his girlfriend's YouTube channel than he is football. 

Then he pulls on a Derby shirt in the middle of a relegation battle in a behind closed doors friendly he didn't need to play in just to say to Huddersfield that he wanted to come back. 

We are really poor at the minute but he cant get in the squad. 

Says it all and he will not be missed in the slightest.

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yeah!  Nice try @RoyMac5.

We all know you and @Sparkle are an item. It's been obvious for months!  I bet you just concocted that little plan sat cuddled up on the sofa together, thinking you'll pull the wool over our eyes!  

#stupidnotstupid

8 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Talk about insults ?

Yeah sorry!  Poor form on my part.

I'll see if I can edit it to "Chaise Longue".     ?

22 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Due to play Huddersfield in February. Wonder who would have got the loudest booing, if there had been a crowd, Holmes or Keogh?

I may not be there in person but I will boo them both equally....however much it upsets the neighbours.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

From his Huddersfield Town welcome interview: 

20210125_115101.jpg

I do wonder whether Duane is the source of some of Ryan Conway's inside information? That would explain Conway's understanding about the fee.

Although I like Duane's openness it can be a bit of a two-edged sword.

Hmm. Not quite Tyrone Mears but if you want out request a transfer.  Makes me wonder if the 'injuries' are quite as big a part as he'd have us believe.  Also suggests the club got wind with Rooneys recent quotes on the bloke.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hmm. Not quite Tyrone Mears but if you want out request a transfer.  Makes me wonder if the 'injuries' are quite as big a part as he'd have us believe.  Also suggests the club got wind with Rooneys recent quotes on the bloke.

At least we now probably know who Rooney was referring to when he said if you don’t put the effort in during training you won’t be in the squad on a matchday

Football player who is out of contract soon eyes up his next move. Truly shocking.

Maybe he’s been a bit honest but he is just looking out for himself as any professional would. Footballers say silly stuff all the time to get fans on side but this is a bit of a non story in my opinion. I would wager that some of us getting worked up are probably the same people saying they wouldn’t blame players for walking out of their contracts when their pay is delayed. 

Hope he does well for 44 games of a season and is crap for the other 2. 

Shame he wasn't committed to the end but won't blame a player for doing what's best for them. This gets said all the time but they're humans at the end of the day.

You can see his side of it, manager who signed him leaves (welcome to the Derby County experience), he was frozen out by Cocu, had fans giving him stick for *checks notes* playing xbox in his free time, the team is in a relegation battle and his contract was up in 6 months. We know the Athletic mentioned that he'd had contract talks, so those clearly didn't go well and he's decided not to sit on his arse until the end of the season. 

I do wish he'd battled to get back into the team because I liked him as a player but it looks like his mind was made up.

If someone signed for Derby with a similar story, there'd be plenty of people lapping it up. It would be naive to think this doesn't happen all the time in football. How many of us were loving it when Martin signed a new contract with us while at Fulham to try and force himself back in January?

It's part of a business where players more often are treated like commodities and fans on social media treat them like their toys, I'm not hurt that one of ours showed some initiative to get a move that seemed to be coming anyway.

Archived