Duane Holmes - signed for Huddersfield

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, JayRam1 said:

I can see Brentford struggling from now on with recruitment, they rely heavy on foreign players, with all Brexit and work permits etc they are going to have to shop in a much smaller pond now with so much competition. 

Actually this is a good point that I hadn’t considered for their circumstance. They have had some decent British players come through the club as well though

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But in terms of our transfers dealings I would expect that our acquisition to sale +/- would be horrendous compared to those other clubs. 

Without looking into it in too much detail there's certainly clubs such as Stoke, Villa (at the time) & Sheff Weds that have been worse than us.

I just find it highly convenient that people like to randomly choose Brentford to compare to, to try and reinforce their point!

41 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Without looking into it in too much detail there's certainly clubs such as Stoke, Villa (at the time) & Sheff Weds that have been worse than us.

I just find it highly convenient that people like to randomly choose Brentford to compare to, to try and reinforce their point!

The point didn’t need to be reinforced, I was simply pointing out a club who have achieved remarkable revenue from their players. 
Every other club had the opportunity to buy those players including us. 
What we did was the exact opposite, buying expensive players and then letting them go for peanuts or nothing at all. 
We even had the opportunity to buy Ollie Watkins. So what if we’d have had to pay more than Brentford did at the time. It was obvious that he was a very good player. That’s the sort of profit that we COULD of generated, but instead we purchased a large pile of poo.

3 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

The point didn’t need to be reinforced, I was simply pointing out a club who have achieved remarkable revenue from their players. 
Every other club had the opportunity to buy those players including us. 
What we did was the exact opposite, buying expensive players and then letting them go for peanuts or nothing at all. 
We even had the opportunity to buy Ollie Watkins. So what if we’d have had to pay more than Brentford did at the time. It was obvious that he was a very good player. That’s the sort of profit that we COULD of generated, but instead we purchased a large pile of poo.

Good old Zoon. 

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

So did every other club in the football league.

But they didn’t - we did though and let them beat us to him. 
Since you have took umbrage at my mentioning Brentford (I won’t use italics here), I’ll mention Peterborough United instead. 
OK? 

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

According to Transfermarkt...

5 year net spend

1 of 15 current Championship sides to have a net transfer profit over 5 seasons. We rank 13th overall.

10 year net spend

Thanks to the spend under Clement's management, we've made a significant loss (marginal profit if we exclude that season). 6 sides rank worse than us - Stoke, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Watford, QPR and Wednesday. We're just £2m worse off than Boro.

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

But they didn’t - we did though and let them beat us to him. 
Since you have took umbrage at my mentioning Brentford (I won’t use italics here), I’ll mention Peterborough United instead. 
OK? 

They got him for the half the price that they wanted off us.

On 23/01/2021 at 17:59, Carnero said:

So did every other club in the football league.

Steve Mac, actually got permission off Tisdale (Exeter Manager) to speak to Olly Watkins. Which he did, then the rest is history, Mac got the sack. So we did have a head start on other clubs. Rowett came in and bought 8 players in during his short spell at Derby (3 were loans). None were out and out young strikers.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Good luck Duane. 

I will remember your time at Derby fondly as someone who cared about how they played and cared about how they acted. 

Thank you 

Dead right. Top bloke. Seemed to have an eye for the bigger picture. All the best. 

Archived