Jason Knight

Jimbo Ram

48 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Leeds have joined the chase for knight according to football insider and also want sibley 

£40 million for Leeds and no less. Knight and Sibbo aren't worth that much but because its Leeds there's a Bamford tax (quite literally in their case). 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The fee will be undisclosed so will be a moot point. 

That’s true, but then my post is more about people stating an acceptable and realistic amount. Are both players worth £20m + together? Is one worth more than the other?

2 hours ago, r4derby said:

Let’s say the club need to sell this window. Leeds come in with an offer for Sibley and Knight. How much would be a reasonable price to expect? 

If it's that scum-sucking pondlife of a club then they can pay at least double what any other club would be paying......though I'd rather we simply told them that none of our players are available to them while they're still run and managed by cheats....

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Think it says all there is to say about young Jason Knight that no less than 4 Premiership clubs are showing interest. I'd hope a huge fee will be the result if he is allowed to leave though I'd very much hope that is not the case. With another year on his back he'll be a £20 million player all day long. Equally unimpressed with the idea of losing Sibbo to be honest.

Me too. My feeling is that while Mel is wealthy he may have liquidity issues .. long term investments that he can’t cash in, a whole bunch of obligations outside DCFC - selling our new Crown Jewels might be the only option if the the Middle Eastern money isn’t there. He has had to raise via one means or another the hard cash money for the stadium .. presuming he’ll get a decent return on leasing it back to the new owners .. but ... oooops. Now what do we do boys ? A 10 Million sale is cash flow that pays the bills for 6 months. 

On 08/01/2021 at 15:01, r4derby said:

That’s true, but then my post is more about people stating an acceptable and realistic amount. Are both players worth £20m + together? Is one worth more than the other?

I think they are worth more than £20mill combined, but I'd think that is the absolute best we could hope for. Hopefully not a Bogle/Lowe type fee, but we seem desperate at the moment.

Let’s just say he goes to Leeds .. forget the fee and the emotions ... isn’t Bielsa just the sort of manager who will make our Jason a prem player of quality ? 

I watch Knight and he really reminds me of Keane .. he has some skill .. not the ultimate trickery of a super star but he can control a ball and play a first time pass. Add in the innate desire, controlled aggression, timed runs, decent vision and forethought . Then dial in the ability to hit 7000 RPM and Max Torque at 90+3 ..... he is so top of the class at flipping 19 .. you really could build a team round an engine like his. Solid steel our Jason .. hope he stays  - if he doesn’t I hope he goes to the right place and has a glittering career. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Let’s just say he goes to Leeds .. forget the fee and the emotions ... isn’t Bielsa just the sort of manager who will make our Jason a prem player of quality ? 

I watch Knight and he really reminds me of Keane .. he has some skill .. not the ultimate trickery of a super star but he can control a ball and play a first time pass. Add in the innate desire, controlled aggression, timed runs, decent vision and forethought . Then dial in the ability to hit 7000 RPM and Max Torque at 90+3 ..... he is so top of the class at flipping 19 .. you really could build a team round an engine like his. Solid steel our Jason .. hope he stays  - if he doesn’t I hope he goes to the right place and has a glittering career. 

Agree entirely but not just not Leeds, Burnley.

Prefer if he joined me in London tbh at say Spurs

18 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Agree entirely but not just not Leeds, Burnley.

Prefer if he joined me in London tbh at say Spurs

If he goes (I hope he would be loaned back for the rest of this season) I am not too worried who he goes to. I just want to get the right fee for a change. 15 million minimum I would say....

Archived